BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-12-2019, 04:00 AM   #23
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

check the bimmerworld garage sale section... they have a few race pads on clearance in there. verify that they fit your car.
https://www.bimmerworld.com/PFC-06-R...-M3-Front.html
      06-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #24
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
BTW, to answer your original question, yes, you can use your existing rotors. Just bed the new pads in:
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...Path=6446_6443
Sorry for the lag, but I wanted to make sure about that thing again. My question there was can I still use the same set of race pads after I change the rotors. They have a quite big lip now and I think they may need replacing very soon. Do I risk damaging the new rotors when installing track pads that were run for 1-2 trackdays already?

Thanks!
      06-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #25
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

The pads have a lip in them? How bad?
      06-25-2019, 12:06 AM   #26
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
The pads have a lip in them? How bad?
It is about the rotors. They have a lip, they will be changed probably quite soon. My concern is using the same set of track pads with the new rotors. Thanks.
      06-25-2019, 01:38 AM   #27
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Anyone know how to search Stoptech ST60 pads on Bimmerworld site?
Thanks.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #28
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

I have measured the rotors today, got readings between 28-28.2 mm. BMW says min thickness is 28.4mm, so it looks like I should replace them now? Anyway installing new track pads on those rotors even for one day seems like a bad idea.
      07-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #29
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

DS1.11 pads are not particularly aggressive. In fact, they're a moderate mu, and they're easier on discs than most other race pads out there. We have customers running them on everything from the BRZ to the ZR1, and they work great in a wide variety of conditions.

The DS2500 is the best road/track hybrid pad available. They work great cold, can be used for daily duty, and some people run them on the track. They won't last as long on track as some of the other Ferodo offerings however. They won't fade though...we've run them on our dyno to 1600F without significant fade.

The newly released Ferodo DS3.12 is a higher mu, and is a bit more aggressive than the DS1.11. I just ran them on my C6 track car for the first time a couple weeks ago, and they are phenomenal. They have the flattest torque curve of any pad we've ever dyno tested. Wear is great, and they are completely silent (bonus!).
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #30
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
DS1.11 pads are not particularly aggressive. In fact, they're a moderate mu, and they're easier on discs than most other race pads out there. We have customers running them on everything from the BRZ to the ZR1, and they work great in a wide variety of conditions.

The DS2500 is the best road/track hybrid pad available. They work great cold, can be used for daily duty, and some people run them on the track. They won't last as long on track as some of the other Ferodo offerings however. They won't fade though...we've run them on our dyno to 1600F without significant fade.

The newly released Ferodo DS3.12 is a higher mu, and is a bit more aggressive than the DS1.11. I just ran them on my C6 track car for the first time a couple weeks ago, and they are phenomenal. They have the flattest torque curve of any pad we've ever dyno tested. Wear is great, and they are completely silent (bonus!).
whoa completely silent... O_O
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #31
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

I didn't know about the existence of those Ferodo DS3.12, it seems a very interesting option.

I have a 997 gt3 porsche brake caliper kit with pagid rsl29 pads in my e92 right now and I'm very happy!

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 0