BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

05-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

FS: Mild/mellow Bastuck Exhaust, Ceramic coated black VERY nice tips.

If you're considering the OEM Exhaust mod, take a look here since the tips are much nicer than OEM.

It gives a nice rumble, particularly at start up and lower revs, but totally mellow while cruising, maybe 10% louder than stock while cruising. When you get on it, you'll definitely hear a deeper tone and rumble. I've had a race exhaust before and it makes your ears bleed. This is a very livable exhaust.
The quality is also OEM, so it's not some thin walled aftermarket type exhaust. I think of it as what the OEM exhaust should have sounded like.

This is the original single can design with quad tips. The tips and can are ceramic coated. The connecting pipes were not coated.

I've gotten many compliments on it and you can hear it when they're pulling the car up after a car wash or the dealer.

Local only since it's pretty big.

Asking for $700. It was a $2,000+ exhaust when new plus coating.

This show was literally sitting on the ground and leaning down to see the can.

Pic before ceramic coating.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 05-21-2014 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Are tips adjustable? Eg. Fit e90?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Are tips adjustable? Eg. Fit e90?
Sorry. Not adjustable. An exhaust shop could shorten them, but that would be extra.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Sorry. Not adjustable. An exhaust shop could shorten them, but that would be extra.
so the tips would have to be cut or are they at least clamped down because I can shave them myself.

Would like to hear this in person if possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'd recommend having them cut back by the can. The tips are too nice to mess us.
This exhaust is in storage now. I may have a vid on camera. I'll have to try to find it.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

bump with lower price.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

BUMP with lower price.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks great. Very OEM like, but better. If I wasn't looking at the Corsa, I would be all over this. Any idea how it plays with test pipes?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Looks great. Very OEM like, but better. If I wasn't looking at the Corsa, I would be all over this. Any idea how it plays with test pipes?
No idea, but it should complement it nicely. Corsa is probably a little louder than this. This exhaust has a much deeper tone but not garage shaking loud like the Akra.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Will this fit on an E93? Doesn't look like it has clearance for the extra support beams the vert has in the rear?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Sorry. It won't fit because of the rear brace.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #12
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Price dropped.
Appreciate 0