BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

03-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #45
S65M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: A snail...

WOW - that's the problem with the Internet... Everybody jumping on the bandwagon to bash a vendor, when some of you have not even done business with Renn|Spec. Aside from the OP and those who have had a negative experience with Renn|Spec, I think everybody else should calm down.

Renn|Spec is going through some internal strife right now ~ re-organization, re-structuring, moving, etc. As a friend of Simon's, I've spoken to him and even he is not sure what's going to happen moving forward. Many uncertainties and I can say 100% that Simon is not ignoring its loyal customers on purpose, it will take time for things to unfold. At the moment, there just isn't enough resources to extinguish all the fires.

OP/FStop7 - I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I can promise you when the dust settles, Simon will make things right...if you give him a chance. He might lose you as a customer because of this fiasco, but I can guarantee it's not on purpose or out of malice...
'12 GT-R BE
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #46
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

I find it amazing how people assume that a "very reputable shop" is incapable of making any mistakes. This is clearly a problem that Rennspec needs to address. If they're as reputable as EVERYONE is saying they are I would think Rennspec would "man up", as someone earlier put it, and say that it was a simple miscommunication. That's all it is.

I got screwed out of a set of wheels by a very reputable company over on the M3F. The company was a sponsor on the forum so I had no reason to believe I would be cheated out of my cash. As it turns out, I had sent money to the employees personal PayPal account. The employee gets canned, but I'm still out a set of wheels. So who's at fault? It certainly isn't my fault the employees actions on the internet weren't being monitored. ANY REPUTABLE COMPANY WILL ADMIT FAULT IN SITUATIONS LIKE THESE. That's exactly what the shop in question did for my scenario. The wheels showed up and I very well knew they had taken a hit on them because of this employee.

The point is, everyone who knew the employee INSISTED that he could do no wrong. There is NO WAY that this employee would ever do anything like that to anyone. They know him personally and he's a really good guy. Give me a f***ing break. The employee obviously took my money because he's a good guy. The owner of the shop helped me out, admitted fault, and I will stand by the company. I think in this case an employee with way too much freedom took advantage of a great company.

OP, you deserve an apology from Rennspec. It says a lot that you would drive 50 miles to get an oil service done and if I had customers spending that amount of time to provide me business you better believe I'm going to do what I can to keep that customer happy. Rennspec should be the first to understand that....if they are as reputable as everyone says. Just my $0.02. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #47
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
This thread is ridiculous. People bashing the OP for posting his experience with the vendor? Shame on you. I can't begin to think why you would do that, you must just be trolling.

Either way, as a PROFESSIONAL you would at least contact your appointments to tell them they are cancelled until further notice. If you are moving, having issues, have family issues, or won't be working for any reason whatsoever, YOU CONTACT ALL OF YOUR APPOINTMENTS TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE.

Ignoring your customers is childish. Just based on this one experience alone, it shows a total lack of professionalism and candor on the vendor's part. Whatever the issues are, it takes 2 minutes to contact a customer and tell them you can't help them now because of issues.
      03-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #48
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I just wanted to say that I've received a PM from one of the people who criticized me earlier in this thread containing a very sincere apology. I don't know if he wants to keep it private so I will let him decide if he wants to be identified. But I did want to publicly thank him for his words. I know apologizing is never easy and I appreciate it.
      03-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #49
xiliy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ride BMC

I have done few things at renn spec in the past and was always happy with the treatment and service that I got from them. I am treated like friend there even though I only seen these guys twice, however i would be pretty upset and frustraited just like op is after having taken time of work and driving 50 miles, and not getting even a call back. That said next time I will still go back to renn spec in the future but thanks to op's post will call them to confirm day before and before getting on the road to them. Something must be going there that op still did not get a call back.I hate going to dealership for anything and that's why I prefer shops like renn spec.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #50
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I just wanted to say that I've received a PM from one of the people who criticized me earlier in this thread containing a very sincere apology. I don't know if he wants to keep it private so I will let him decide if he wants to be identified. But I did want to publicly thank him for his words. I know apologizing is never easy and I appreciate it.
Thank you for accepting my sincere apology.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #51
werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
OP you the best forgiver!
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251677.00
      03-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #52
Tonester
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB M3

Ok, I just heard/found this thread....

I was the master tech at rennspec, and I happen to be "the guy" you spoke with at the shop, you were not my customer but seeing as someone at rennspec dropped the ball... I did tell you that I can help you out on your oil change whenever I get setup at my own location. I don't know if you heard me, but I could tell you were pretty annoyed with the situation.

As others have said... rennspec is going though a company restructuring so it will take time before everything is running back to normal.

But if you still want that oil change done I can take care of you, just send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I get my place up and running.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #53
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
its beyond crazy that they have not responded publically in this forum... I for one would NEVER buy from Rennspec after reading this post... and I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way. There are simply too many vendors out there to buy from, why give your business to someone or a company who doesn't even respond after a couple days of this going on.

BIG THUMBS DOWN!!!
I don't have a dog in this fight but I mean your pushing it I think. I haven't dealt with Rennspec recently but in the past Simon was always great, so I'm sure he would make things right.

They messed up. Shit happens, Fstop just was pissed off and I don't blame him. He drove 50 miles, took the day off work, didn't get a response from the guy when he was browsing the forums.

Toan is a good tech, he's super duper clean and gets the job done. (Makes sense why he would drive 50 miles) Simon has always been great on part checks for me, fast on email responds and normally picks up the phone when I call.

I have a few shops I deal with too so I understand him driving 50 miles. Once your happy and trust someone, it's worth the extra mileage just to feel at ease.

Just because one situation were there was probably a mis-communication I wouldn't bail on the company but that's just me. We are all human and I'm sure we've all been through the same thing.

Enjoy modding fellas.
      03-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #54
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Is it still a miscommunication?

No... He hasn't been contacted yet (or hasn't posted here saying he's been contacted). How can they just ignore their customers like this? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Sounds to me like some stuff went down, some people are gone, some drama IMO. Doesn't look good for business if you ask me...
      03-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #55
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester View Post

I was the master tech at rennspec, and I happen to be "the guy" you spoke with at the shop, you were not my customer but seeing as someone at rennspec dropped the ball... I did tell you that I can help you out on your oil change whenever I get setup at my own location. I don't know if you heard me, but I could tell you were pretty annoyed with the situation.
Tuan,

Thanks for the response. I now have a better understanding of the situation. I'll follow up w/ you via PM.
      03-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #56
Psylight
Brigadier General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT

Hope this works out, OP
      03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #57
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:

As others have said... rennspec is going though a company restructuring so it will take time before everything is running back to normal.

But if you still want that oil change done I can take care of you, just send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I get my place up and running.

You were "the guy" he spoke to and you work(ed) at RennSpec...but he is "not your customer"?

Wouldn't it be appropriate to offer an apology at this time?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #58
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
You were "the guy" he spoke to and you work(ed) at RennSpec...but he is "not your customer"?

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like Toan was no longer an employee/worker/master tech at RennSpec at that time, and that he just happened to be there, possibly grabbing his stuff or something? Not that I would know. Not trying to take sides in this, so sorry if I come across like that, I still think that someone who is currently employed at RennSpec should have contacted Fstop7 regardless of how busy they were with all of the restructuring.

Either way, it's good to know that someone has finally tried to take care of Fstop7, regardless of whether or not they are currently employed with RennSpec.

BTW Fstop7, don't get offended by what I say next since I don't mean it seriously in any way, but that M6 sedan must be pretty sweet, huh? "Drives: M6 sedan" Not as cool as my Syntax error though.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #59
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
^Lol.
      03-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #60
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Is it still a miscommunication?

No... He hasn't been contacted yet (or hasn't posted here saying he's been contacted). How can they just ignore their customers like this? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Sounds to me like some stuff went down, some people are gone, some drama IMO. Doesn't look good for business if you ask me...

THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVING THEIR ENTIRE SHOP!!!

RennSpec has always done amazing work on my M3. I respect them. Everyone makes mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #61
Tonester
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post

At RS everyone has their own clients at that they take care of, Fstop was not one of mine. He was Jason's customer... meaning he booked his appointments with Jason, and purchased everything through Jason. I know he's a returning customer since I do remember him visiting us previously with his E90M3.

I am not RS, I do not setup any deals with any walk-in/customer that contacts RS. My customers have my direct cell phone contact, my client list comes from many years at the BMW dealer and in the aftermarket automotive industry. Many customers who like my work usually end up building a more direct relationship with me and that's is how they get my personal contact info.

With that being said, if you read my post I did offer to help out Fstop when I get situated at a new location.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #62
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVING THEIR ENTIRE SHOP!!!

RennSpec has always done amazing work on my M3. I respect them. Everyone makes mistakes.
Answering a phone or calling someone must be pretty hard...

It's unprofessional. I don't care what you're doing. What happened, did they just wake up one day and decide "we're moving, pack your stuff and get out of this building!" I highly doubt it. Without knowing exactly what happened, you still can't just blow off customers.

That's the difference between the men and boys, men know how to be professional. That's why there are obviously better companies out there.

But I am glad the OP is being taken care of now. A real apology/explanation from RennSpec should be expected.
      03-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #63
Simon@RENNSpec
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sorry for the late update to the situation. I have just got back into town on the 16th. As some have already been notified, RENNspec is undergoing restructuring but we have not relocating. We are still at the same location and are still in operation. As for Fstop7's scheduled visit to our shop, there is no excuse for the miss communication. Jason is no longer with RENNspec and was part of the reason why there was no reply nor feedback to this matter. I apologize on Jason's behalf on the matter and will contact Fstop7 personally to compensate for the time he spent to come here. I apologize for any other inconvenience and confusion caused by the current restructuring we are in. Once it is complete we will make a public announcement of staff/setup.

Thank you,

Simon
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #64
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@RENNSpec View Post
Sorry for the late update to the situation. I have just got back into town on the 16th. As some have already been notified, RENNspec is undergoing restructuring but we have not relocating. We are still at the same location and are still in operation. As for Fstop7's scheduled visit to our shop, there is no excuse for the miss communication. Jason is no longer with RENNspec and was part of the reason why there was no reply nor feedback to this matter. I apologize on Jason's behalf on the matter and will contact Fstop7 personally to compensate for the time he spent to come here. I apologize for any other inconvenience and confusion caused by the current restructuring we are in. Once it is complete we will make a public announcement of staff/setup.

Thank you,

Simon

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now it make sense... well hope everything is good and settled, YOU guys should do a open house for the new remodel previously confused with the relocation... haha.... im sure lotz will come....
      03-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #65
MSoldier
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@RENNSpec View Post

Thank you,

Simon

Hey Simon, I sent you a PM, I had an appointment set up with Jason for next week but this was all coordinated about 2 weeks ago. I stopped by the shop about 3-4 weeks to chat with Jason and all then we followed up PMs back-and-forth and this came up. Can you let me know if you can still accommodate what I worked out with Jason because I tried to send him a PM but he blocked all PMs from being sent to him.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #66
Simon@RENNSpec
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSoldier View Post
Hey Simon, I sent you a PM, I had an appointment set up with Jason for next week but this was all coordinated about 2 weeks ago. I stopped by the shop about 3-4 weeks to chat with Jason and all then we followed up PMs back-and-forth and this came up. Can you let me know if you can still accommodate what I worked out with Jason because I tried to send him a PM but he blocked all PMs from being sent to him.

If you have any queries regarding your appointment, please do not hesitate to email me at simon@renn-spec.com
Appreciate 0