BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

01-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
Get 2 the Bimmah!
euro. techniks
Rep
Drives: '03 M3 / '72 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. Someone exhibits the maturity of a 15 year old, breaks the law doing something HIGHLY dangerous that puts others not involved in the behavior at risk, and we are supposed to feel bad for him or her? While we are at it, let's shed a tear for an armed robber who is killed during a home invasion......

Thoughts to the family this person has SELFISHLY left broken, by leaving them too early. I feel awful for the family, but to feel for the victim is to condone one's actions, and street racing CANNOT be condoned.

Cheers,
e46e92
I take it you've never pushed your car before on public roads, highly doubtful you've never broken the speed limit on the highway. There always has to be one in a thread like this. Do us a favor and stay out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
RIP.

street racing is the devil. thats why i smh when people say going to the track is expensive. i think losing your life is the ultimate price to pay for trying to have fun.
Keep in mind that they may have just been cruising in excessive speeds. If a couple of nice cars are cruising at 80mph + does that mean they are street racing? Happened to a friend of mine. 3 of us got on the highway from the entrance ramp and ripped it a little bit just to get on. Cop pulled the last car over for street racing. You can't believe everything you read. Were they speeding? Perhaps, but none of this fast and furious bullsht that the media would love to put out for a good read.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Before another person comes in to say something negative please ask yourself this question: "Have I ever driven my M3 faster than the speed limit allowed?" If the answer was yes, then you have no right to cast stones on someone who was a good person. It was just unfortunate that it was his time. Everyone's time will come and I hope people don't pass judgement on you for the last thing you did.
i agree with you

i just think there is a HUGE difference between "Have I ever driven my M3 faster than the speed limit allowed?" vs. "Have I ever raced another car on public roads faster than the speed limit allowed" .

if you are alone on a public road going 100mph shame on you.

if you are racing another car on a public road going over 100mph shame on you.

if you are not alone on a public road going 100mph, shame on you.

if you are racing another car on a public road that has cars on it going over 100mph, shame on you.

you should not cast a stone on those that violated the law and suffered the ultimate consequence, but i believe there is a time and place to drive aggressively. and i think the people that are commenting negatively realize that this incident could have been avoided, and it was a poor decision.

i used to race other cars on public roads religiously.... when i was 17, but i am 27 now, and racing someone on a public street is the last thing on my mind. i think that some people move past it and when they see it happen, they react in a patronizing form, vs a nurturing and more avuncular form - which is what i do - citing previous incidents and potential incidents.

sadly, these types of things can't be stopped because everyone thinks they are a "good driver", but in reality, they should take out their speed desires in a more controlled environment - HPDE. definitely not drag strip since there is no form of education on a drag strip.

i just am upset for the ACM guys since i like them a lot and am friends with all of them. sucks it had to hit home so hard.

once again RIP.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get 2 the Bimmah! View Post
Keep in mind that they may have just been cruising in excessive speeds. If a couple of nice cars are cruising at 80mph + does that mean they are street racing? Happened to a friend of mine. 3 of us got on the highway from the entrance ramp and ripped it a little bit just to get on. Cop pulled the last car over for street racing. You can't believe everything you read. Were they speeding? Perhaps, but none of this fast and furious bullsht that the media would love to put out for a good read.
i will agree with you, the media sensationalizes everything to get a story.

but then comes car education. it was below 30 degrees today. i don't care what tires you have on your car. you should know that driving above 55mph when the roads are that cold, especially on a RWD car with over 500hp is going to lead to trouble.

then we have to talk about self control - you know the weather is cold, wet spots are now black ice, and you still want to push it?

its not fair, its not deserving, its just sad. another good soul perishes all in the name of "having a good time". no one wants to be made an example of, but this is an example of learning how to keep yourself under control and not risk anything for the sake of "fun".

RIP.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
maranello1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Kumar,

Obviously, you must have never experienced tragedy of this magnitude to be as insensitive as to call into judgement someone who's recently passed away. Bottom line - you weren't there, you don't know what happened. And regardless of what did happen, if you're as friendly with Sal, Bart, and the rest of the guys at ACM, you'd understand two important things - etiquette and respect - which I believe they are afforded at this time - and keep your "holier than thou" opinions to yourself instead of expressing them in a public forum. Great, you were a street racer, and now you're not. You're my hero.

CJ was a good guy - I only had a few dealings with him, non-car related, stricly from a vendor perspective as he helped coordinate a lot with regards to the new ACM location. I can only imagine the horrific loss those close to him, including his family, must be experiencing. My sincere condolonces to his family and friends.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

njcycleguy: amen to that. Well said....
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
papasmurf
Rep
Drives: 2002 X5 4.6iS

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. Someone exhibits the maturity of a 15 year old, breaks the law doing something HIGHLY dangerous that puts others not involved in the behavior at risk, and we are supposed to feel bad for him or her? While we are at it, let's shed a tear for an armed robber who is killed during a home invasion......

Thoughts to the family this person has SELFISHLY left broken, by leaving them too early. I feel awful for the family, but to feel for the victim is to condone one's actions, and street racing CANNOT be condoned.

Cheers,
e46e92
Every single one of us at some point in our lives INCLUDING YOU has done something stupid and life-threatening. No one deserves to die because of one bad judgement call.

As Matt said above, it could have been any one of us and it is a tragedy. RIP.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #29
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My condolences to his family and friends. God bless and, RIP.

2008 E92 M3, ESS VT-1, AA Full Exhaust, Volk TE-37, PSS10, ST BBK, ARKYM Motorsport Spliter, Vorsteiner Diffuser, BMW Edition Grill/Gill's, BMW Performance Spoiler, AUTOcoture Blacked Out Headlights, LCI Tail lights, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Center Dash Insert, Ultimate Racing Pedals (Because Race Car), AA SSK, Speed Cloth.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
why cant we have one RIP thread without the douchey comments? Shit happens and it could be any of us on the news at any time, our fault or not. just pay your respects and keep the crap to yourselves.
      01-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #31
Yea Boi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 08 M3

I've only probably met him once in person and actually saw him this past sunday at a car wash on river road while i was passing through weehauken. Its crazy how i was thinking about him this past 2 days, well his car actually after seeing his car, it really shows how life is so fragile. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #32
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
why cant we have one RIP thread without the douchey comments? Shit happens and it could be any of us on the news at any time, our fault or not. just pay your respects and keep the crap to yourselves.

There's always one or two miserable pricks that think it's the right time to spread their all-knowing wisdom. Nobody gives a $hit. It's disrespectful and inappropriate at this time, period!

RIP CJ!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

I am reading through the comments here and am dumbfounded by the way people react to each others opinions. Forums are the great equalizer of free speech. You can say what you want and be read/seen by others or you can be ignored and not responded to.

I agree with both sides of the fence here. I feel sorry for Sal, the business, and the family the deceased left behind. I do not feel sorry for anyone who feels sorry for the situation.

If this had happened to someone that NOBODY knew, everyone would be condoning the situation. Because regardless if you know the person, interacted with them at one point or just read a post here and there, their action was wreckless, especially coming from an ex-cop.

No, I dont know all the details of the situation. However, the point someone made about "Have you ever driven above the speed limit" or whatever does NOT count when theres another vehicle involved traveling at the same rate in a competitive fashion.

Anytime someone has tried to race me I say lets go to the track. I have nothing to prove on the street. I believe in controlled conditions. I guess thats what having the wisdom of 20 years of driving will do to you. Sure, I remember being full of piss and vinegar when I was younger. I did some stupid things, but you only need to learn once.

Situations like this are the ones you need to learn from, other peoples mistakes, not your own.

Im not looking for a debate or any hostility. I just think people need to take a step back and realize the severity of the situation.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #34
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Wow, this is terrible news. My condolences to his family.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #35
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

My condolences to the ACM guys... Just talked to CJ last week and now I can't believe I am reading this ...

Aleks.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #36
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Condolences to the ACM guys, CJ's family, and friends. Sucks to see this.

R.I.P. CJ!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
nchan50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 JzB/FR e92 M3

Met CJ last week when I did the ACM exhaust mod. Great guy and this is terrible news. RIP CJ.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #38
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
it was a white m3....it is indeed a dark and sad day for the bmw community and in particular this forum
Just watched the news video. That was definitely a white 1M on the tow truck. Was that the other person who was racing?

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

My condolences to his family and friends.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #40
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

CJ was good people,RIP !
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #41
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

http://paramus.patch.com/articles/pr...-route-17-race

That was Sal driving the white 1M.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #42
Moo
Gold Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PSYWGN

Quote:
A Franklin Lakes man and a Paramus woman allegedly lied to police after a fatal car accident that took place Tuesday night in Upper Saddle River, Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli said.

Witnesses saw two BMWs racing up Route 17 North at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Molinelli said.

Salvatore Benanti, 26, was driving one of them, with Kelsi Tichacek, 19, in the passenger seat, Molinelli said. Their friend, Cameron Jalali-Arki, 26, of Rutherford, was driving the other vehicle.

Molinelli said the two cars were traveling at more than 100 mph, when Jalali-Arki lost control near 400 Route 17 North. The BMW traveled off the roadway several hundred feet before crashing into a parked trailer.

It stopped in the parking lot of Fazio's Moving and Storage, where police found Jalali-Arki dead.

NorthJersey.com reported that Jalali-Arki was a former Hillsdale police officer.

Benanti and Tichacek were at the scene, unharmed, when police arrived, Molinelli said. He added that there was no evidence the two cars ever made contact.

Police closed two lanes on Route 17 North for six hours while investigating the crash.

During the probe, Molinelli said, Benanti and Tichacek lied to police about what led to Jalali-Arki's death.

They were both charged with hindering apprehension. Benanti was also charged with reckless driving and racing on a highway, Molinelli said.

More charges may come, he added.

Tichacek was released on her own recognizance.

Benanti posted $10,000 bail.
http://paramus.patch.com/articles/pr...-route-17-race
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #43
SLICKTITTLES
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92

Jesus replied, "You do not realise now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

John 13:7
      01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #44
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I am reading through the comments here and am dumbfounded by the way people react to each others opinions. Forums are the great equalizer of free speech. You can say what you want and be read/seen by others or you can be ignored and not responded to.

I agree with both sides of the fence here. I feel sorry for Sal, the business, and the family the deceased left behind. I do not feel sorry for anyone who feels sorry for the situation.

If this had happened to someone that NOBODY knew, everyone would be condoning the situation. Because regardless if you know the person, interacted with them at one point or just read a post here and there, their action was wreckless, especially coming from an ex-cop.

No, I dont know all the details of the situation. However, the point someone made about "Have you ever driven above the speed limit" or whatever does NOT count when theres another vehicle involved traveling at the same rate in a competitive fashion.

Anytime someone has tried to race me I say lets go to the track. I have nothing to prove on the street. I believe in controlled conditions. I guess thats what having the wisdom of 20 years of driving will do to you. Sure, I remember being full of piss and vinegar when I was younger. I did some stupid things, but you only need to learn once.

Situations like this are the ones you need to learn from, other peoples mistakes, not your own.

Im not looking for a debate or any hostility. I just think people need to take a step back and realize the severity of the situation.
Agreed 100%. I couldn't have typed it any better.

I do feel sorry for those he left behind, as he left them at a very young age and this must be hard to swallow for his family members
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread