BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

04-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #1453
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

For everyone that ordered Mr12volt. How log did the shipping process take?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 01:37 PM   #1454
Tickler
England
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

If it helps anyone, we just installed a P2000 MR12volt unit in our E61…. It’s CCC and actually brilliant considering we didn’t update to CIC first.

We had to ask for a software upgrade to avoid stretching on CarPlay but no issues really..

Happy to offer any advice if people need…
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-15-2023, 09:49 PM   #1455
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Is that the ccc screen?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 02:43 AM   #1456
Tickler
England
Rep

Yeah that’s the stock ccc screen, much better than I expected if I’m honest
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2023, 05:36 PM   #1457
kawstik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
Yeah that’s the stock ccc screen, much better than I expected if I’m honest
Did you have to do any coding to enable the CDC? I just installed my CCC unit today but am not getting the option.

I combed this thread and only found coding for CIC units.

Last edited by kawstik; 04-16-2023 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #1458
Picanha
30FF
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawstik View Post
Did you have to do any coding to enable the CDC? I just installed my CCC unit today but am not getting the option.

Not the OP, but I had to code CDC into my VO on my CCC install.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 03:53 PM   #1459
Tickler
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawstik View Post

We didn’t actually, but then our car already had the CDC in the glove box luckily.

Should hopefully be a straightforward add in the coding though from what I have read on here…
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 06:11 PM   #1460
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep

Installed Mr12Volt today. Can confirm this works on X3 with CIC. Coded to MP3 and swapped to stock Idrive boot image. Pandora was working intermittently but after reboot it seems to be okay......for now. Overall this is much easier to install then bimmerTech, ZZ2, or Road Top style carplay systems.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 08:47 PM   #1461
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsveinyhammer View Post
Installed Mr12Volt today. Can confirm this works on X3 with CIC. Coded to MP3 and swapped to stock Idrive boot image. Pandora was working intermittently but after reboot it seems to be okay......for now. Overall this is much easier to install then bimmerTech, ZZ2, or Road Top style carplay systems.
Just curious, what path led you guys to this thread? Was it google? It's impressive the number of models this has branched out to and brought you guys here to this little section of bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #1462
Thumbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Just curious, what path led you guys to this thread? Was it google? It's impressive the number of models this has branched out to and brought you guys here to this little section of bimmerpost.
Thinking the same thing. Lol. I found it because I was on the M3 forum and have an M3. Nice thing about BMW is they use the same(ish) system so teh mr12volt works across multiple platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey_M View Post
hi guys! sorry for my english, im very far from US)

first of all, my name is Alex and i own Z4 e89 2010)

i install p2000 (blue box) and now i have a few qestions)
1. did somebody find good quality rear camera that work with p2000?
2. did somebody find how to tune equalizer p2000 for best sound? i found for old version without DSP, and now probably someone already tune p2000?
Not sure about for z4. This one is for e90 platform:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...andl_shipto=US

I have mine on flat, but the OEM DSP I have set according to Malek's post. that's for M3's though. I am sure the best factory settings are posted on the z4 forum somewhere.

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 1
tdott3942.50
      04-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #1463
krycha
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E61

Hello
I'm from Poland
I bought Android Auto from AliExpress, everything works but I can't get a better resolution, Google maps are not clear. I have CCC
[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 06:17 PM   #1464
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Bimmertech was over priced for old tech. ZZ2 was recommended but just as bad as the cheaper Chinese models. Googled away and found this site.
Appreciate 1
tdott3942.50
      04-25-2023, 11:20 AM   #1465
DLucian
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 335i N55 | F20 125I B48

Hey everyone,

After reading extensively here, I went with this option on my freshly retrofitted CIC system on my EU Spec E91 335i LCI.

It seems to work ok at first glance, all though I am not completely done with the CIC coding and didn't test that much.

A first problem that I am getting is that the rear view camera works intermittently. What I noticed (but should test more) is that it almost always works when the car is first started. A few seconds after this, it stops working. It takes me to the "reverse screen" but I am getting a blank image (with the parking sensors on the right side).

Any thoughts? I doubt it's a installation fault. Of course, when I first installed it, I tested it once, it worked and now everything is back on the car and would be a nightmare to disassemble again.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 11:52 PM   #1466
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep

The Mr12volt customer service appears to have went to shit. It's been two days and all I can get our of them is to use the bypass loop. The problem is that it doesn't even have the correct connection. I would need another female/male adapter. I'm also fairly certain that the cd unit that is in the dash on CIC needs to be in the loop. Issues so far are:

Really long times to connect to CarPlay. Usually fails on the first try.

Rear camera is completely blank sometimes. When it does this it will end up starting after CarPlay connects.

Random audio drop (oddly does not affect apple maps). Reboot fixes issue.
Attached Images

Last edited by Thorsveinyhammer; 04-25-2023 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:52 AM   #1467
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLucian View Post
Any thoughts? I doubt it's a installation fault. Of course, when I first installed it, I tested it once, it worked and now everything is back on the car and would be a nightmare to disassemble again.
Did you connect the ground wire to the camera? some have report that it works better without connecting the ground for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 08:15 AM   #1468
DLucian
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 335i N55 | F20 125I B48

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have connected the ground, didn't even consider leaving it disconnected. I also sent an email to the person I bought it from and they also asked me to check the ground. Luckily it's grounded to a place not to hard to reach so I will look into this and see if this helps in any way.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 10:04 PM   #1469
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLucian View Post
Hey everyone,

After reading extensively here, I went with this option on my freshly retrofitted CIC system on my EU Spec E91 335i LCI.

It seems to work ok at first glance, all though I am not completely done with the CIC coding and didn't test that much.

A first problem that I am getting is that the rear view camera works intermittently. What I noticed (but should test more) is that it almost always works when the car is first started. A few seconds after this, it stops working. It takes me to the "reverse screen" but I am getting a blank image (with the parking sensors on the right side).

You need the power filter thingy, I bought one on aliexpress and when hooking it to the ground I wired it directly to the taillight ground wire. Ever since then I had no issues. Before on reverse, it would activate sometimes and it won't.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 11:01 PM   #1470
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
You need the power filter thingy, I bought one on aliexpress and when hooking it to the ground I wired it directly to the taillight ground wire. Ever since then I had no issues. Before on reverse, it would activate sometimes and it won't.
To confirm, Mr12volt ground is left disconnected but grounding wire on end of camera is connected to a power filter which is grounded?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 11:33 PM   #1471
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
To confirm, Mr12volt ground is left disconnected but grounding wire on end of camera is connected to a power filter which is grounded?
Whatever was grounded I had it tapped to the rear taillight ground.
I left no wires disconnected.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #1472
Thorsveinyhammer
WSB Ape
Rep

Update on the M212volt customer support. They responded back last night at like 11pm. After a long an lengthy chat about my intermittent issues, they are convinced that there is a cd changer somewhere that needs to be bypassed. I tried explaining that not all BMW's have multi-disk CD changers.

Update: After a week of bouncing back an forth, it seems that Mr12volt has determined (according to them) that this unit is not compatible with with non-multi disk BMW's unless you can code your car to think it has a multi disk. According to them, the MP3 coding that we needed to do just to get their unit to work is not sufficient unless your drive screen looks exactly like theirs. They are calling it the CDC function and per their website it needs to be enabled either by BMW or bimmercode.
Attached Images

Last edited by Thorsveinyhammer; 04-28-2023 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 03:17 PM   #1473
weshascar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White E92 M3

Has anyone here had any luck with the OEM mic splitter? I am going to be installing my unit today but am not going to install the mic until I can figure out a better solution than the included mic.

2012 Alpine White E92 M3 Coupe w/ Fox Red Extended Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 03:54 PM   #1474
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Update on the M212volt customer support. They responded back last night at like 11pm. After a long an lengthy chat about my intermittent issues, they are convinced that there is a cd changer somewhere that needs to be bypassed. I tried explaining that not all BMW's have multi-disk CD changers.

Update: After a week of bouncing back an forth, it seems that Mr12volt has determined (according to them) that this unit is not compatible with with non-multi disk BMW's unless you can code your car to think it has a multi disk. According to them, the MP3 coding that we needed to do just to get their unit to work is not sufficient unless your drive screen looks exactly like theirs. They are calling it the CDC function and per their website it needs to be enabled either by BMW or bimmercode.
The CIC unit can be coded to the multi-disc using a Windows-based coding tool. Unless bimmercode or whatever phone app you are using can do VO codes also.

Simply add CDC VO code, code the headunit and then the CIC will display multi-disc even if it doesn't have a physical cd changer unit plugged in.

And if I'm not mistaken, the cd changer unit is built into the CIC unit for the F-series cars, you wouldn't have a separate unit in the trunk like back when it was CCC Based.
Appreciate 0