BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-04-2023, 01:37 AM   #1497
daiv_
Rep
Drives: E61 530i / S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawstik View Post
Looking at your firmware version it's dated 3/30/2022. The latest CCC firmware is 12/7/2022. I'd probably go that route to see if maybe a firmware update improves the display before replacing the display unit as you'll need to code that to your car.

My $0.02. Good luck!
Apologies if this seems silly, but i don't see any firmware versions there besides MCU updates...

Do you mean this one: P2000 for CCC v2.8 (bmwCCC_20221207)
I have done that, that photo was just my reference to see that the MCU version had changed.

Last edited by daiv_; 05-04-2023 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 05:26 AM   #1498
daiv_
Rep
Drives: E61 530i / S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawstik View Post
Looking at your firmware version it's dated 3/30/2022. The latest CCC firmware is 12/7/2022. I'd probably go that route to see if maybe a firmware update improves the display before replacing the display unit as you'll need to code that to your car.

My $0.02. Good luck!
Coming back to the screen replacement - Alpine part turned up this morning (no coding required, just straight swapped it), fitted it and it's a definite improvement over my original Siemens part.
Resolution is obviously the same, but the colours, brightness and ghosting on the panel are improved, which has made it quite a bit easier for me to live with.

I've taken my old unit apart and pulled up the data sheet for the original panel (created in 2000!) and it appears to be a relatively standard LVDS 31 pin panel in there that then goes into some sort of board / controller that makes it BMW specification.

Probably going to order an LVDS panel of the same size but an uprated resolution and see if it plugs into this module and works / rescales the lower resolution image nicely, if i can find something suitable - seeing similar screens, but higher LVDS pin counts for ~£70.

Last edited by daiv_; 05-04-2023 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 04:43 PM   #1499
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

For anybody with the CIC unit, I'd highly recommend installing the latest firmware update.

The latest update (published a couple of months ago) describes fixing an issue where the left and right audio channels were reversed. I did some testing, and low and behold, my audio channels were in fact reversed.

Updated the firmware, and everything is straight now. Mildly baffled as to how I never noticed this. I suspect there are lots more out there with this issue, and probably unaware, so make sure you update the firmware.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 05:15 PM   #1500
RUG8RB8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 E93, many more

Pardon me if this is burried somewhere in this now enormous thread, but has anyone solved the microphone issue for phone calls? I can hear my callers perfectly, but they can’t hear me hardly at all. I have installed four different microphones in various locations and nothing has helped. Hoping someone has solved this pesky issue. I also had my backup camera die last night. I am assuming it is just the made in China cheap camera, but I see a recent post saying we need to add a diode to the power line?
2009 E93 M3, Alpine White, Harrop S/C, BE Bearing Upgrade, ARP Custom Age 625+ rod bolts, Billet DCT Pan and Side Cover, Billet filter cover, Topspeed Quad Resonated 63mm X-pipe, Vangaurd Ti exhaust, 19" BBS Fi's, BPM DCT Tune, BPM Harrop Tune, almost every known early Failure/Leaky item brand new, Mr. 12V DSP MM Upgrade, CF Splitter & Diffuser, P3 Custom Multi Gauge, Lumar Ceramic Tint, 3M PPF
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      05-04-2023, 06:30 PM   #1501
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUG8RB8 View Post
Pardon me if this is burried somewhere in this now enormous thread, but has anyone solved the microphone issue for phone calls? I can hear my callers perfectly, but they can’t hear me hardly at all. I have installed four different microphones in various locations and nothing has helped. Hoping someone has solved this pesky issue. I also had my backup camera die last night. I am assuming it is just the made in China cheap camera, but I see a recent post saying we need to add a diode to the power line?
Just let the CIC system handle the call. Pair the phone with the CIC first, and then pair it with the P2000. When the call comes in, the system flips back to CIC for the call. When I hang up the call, it flips back to carplay automatically. I seem to be able to get the thing to recognize audio when I'm using audio to input a navigation destination, but I've just given up on trying to make calls natively in carplay.

There is supposedly a new version of this box coming at some point which will integrate with the factory microphone over MOST, and that will likely be the silver bullet for microphone issues. No idea when that is coming. For now, letting CIC handle the call seems good enough, and its seamless.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 06:34 PM   #1502
RUG8RB8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Just let the CIC system handle the call. Pair the phone with the CIC first, and then pair it with the P2000. When the call comes in, the system flips back to CIC for the call. When I hang up the call, it flips back to carplay automatically. I seem to be able to get the thing to recognize audio when I'm using audio to input a navigation destination, but I've just given up on trying to make calls natively in carplay.

There is supposedly a new version of this box coming at some point which will integrate with the factory microphone over MOST, and that will likely be the silver bullet for microphone issues. No idea when that is coming. For now, letting CIC handle the call seems good enough, and its seamless.
Does your factory microphone work any better? Mine does not, they are both terrible in my car. I have tried this approach with no help. I don’t really get it, I have many 1980’s cars with upgraded BT head units and all of their BT calls sound super clear this is quite new by comparison to those and it works terrible. Not sure what the issue is. I have reverted to using my EarPods for important calls now, that is working fine but a PITA.
2009 E93 M3, Alpine White, Harrop S/C, BE Bearing Upgrade, ARP Custom Age 625+ rod bolts, Billet DCT Pan and Side Cover, Billet filter cover, Topspeed Quad Resonated 63mm X-pipe, Vangaurd Ti exhaust, 19" BBS Fi's, BPM DCT Tune, BPM Harrop Tune, almost every known early Failure/Leaky item brand new, Mr. 12V DSP MM Upgrade, CF Splitter & Diffuser, P3 Custom Multi Gauge, Lumar Ceramic Tint, 3M PPF
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      05-04-2023, 11:00 PM   #1503
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
I’m told the factory mic sounds way better to my call recipients. CIC for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #1504
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Does anyone have any recommended settings for the mid and high frequencies in the dsp?

I have individual audio with everything set to flat.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 09:30 PM   #1505
spammysammich
Major
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
I’m using Maleks eq settings for individual and flat in the p2000. I don’t have much listening time with this configuration though and my ears are kinda trashed from shooting without ear pro as a kid. This setting has been great for audiobooks/podcasts as well as rock for my tired ears. Vocals are crisp and cut through road noise.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 12:57 AM   #1506
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Where can I find them? I’ve traveled through every page of this thread but only found someone’s bass frequency recommendations.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 01:26 AM   #1507
spammysammich
Major
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
I searched m3post for equalizer settings
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #1508
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
Where can I find them? I’ve traveled through every page of this thread but only found someone’s bass frequency recommendations.
Bam! Indeed they are amazing

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?p=7952777
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 04:57 AM   #1509
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, will go with those for the car set up. Has anyone gone further and done the same with the MR12V CarPlay set up which gives another load more control.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #1510
Thumbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
Ok, will go with those for the car set up. Has anyone gone further and done the same with the MR12V CarPlay set up which gives another load more control.
I sort of did, but I set CIC individual to Malek's on the page (e90 settings since that's what I have) and set mr12volt to flat. I may make some minor adjustments to bass as I feel midbass is a little high. But TBD.

IMO the DSP is not really that useful on cars with Individual audio, since you can just change it there.

On a side note, I think my mr12volt unit has an intermittent short somewhere inside it. Anyone else have this? Throws code U112B and instrument cluster goes haywire but car runs and drives just fine. Did it constantly when I first installed and now hardly does it at all. So maybe it's going away? I am reaching out to mr12olt and will see what they say.

Other than that I love the unit.

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 03:48 PM   #1511
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbie View Post
I sort of did, but I set CIC individual to Malek's on the page (e90 settings since that's what I have) and set mr12volt to flat. I may make some minor adjustments to bass as I feel midbass is a little high. But TBD.

IMO the DSP is not really that useful on cars with Individual audio, since you can just change it there.

On a side note, I think my mr12volt unit has an intermittent short somewhere inside it. Anyone else have this? Throws code U112B and instrument cluster goes haywire but car runs and drives just fine. Did it constantly when I first installed and now hardly does it at all. So maybe it's going away? I am reaching out to mr12olt and will see what they say.

Other than that I love the unit.
The Mr12volt should not throw an instrument cluster code even if the unit is defective. That sounds like a coincidental issue that may be arising with your cluster unit.
Appreciate 1
Thumbie95.50
      05-10-2023, 12:40 AM   #1512
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

No issues for me in that regard.

I’ve set maleks settings too (individual audio).

Mr12V having more granularity I thought could improve things on the CarPlay input at least.

Given the dsp version was brought in to cure the bass issue with the early units, I assume it must be colouring the sound somehow so figured it would take adjustment if only to get it to sound like the non CarPlay inputs of the CIC?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 09:02 AM   #1513
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Basically you want to connect another device to the MOST bus, so that should not be a problem as long as that device doesn't emulate the CD Changer like the 12Volt unit does, as you probably can't have two devices doing that at the same time.

That connector however could be just pre-wired and not currently connected to the MOST bus if it was just dangling there and never had anything connected to it, if it was connected to the MOST bus then other devices would not work when the ring is broken, so you'd need a MOST termination loop plugged in there to get everything working. The 12volt unit comes with a termination loop to plug in if you had a cd changer and went to disconnect it.

You would need to either connect that pre-wired MOST wire to the MOST ring behind the glovebox, or like the 12volt unit does, split another active MOST connection, like the TCU/MULF/Combox in the trunk. Either option should work for you to add something to the MOST bus.
Bringing this back up.

Update!

So it works. You need to reconfigure the most ring and code vehicle to Top Hifi

Last edited by UnicornM; 05-15-2023 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 06:31 PM   #1514
Zwades
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Any familiar or have a fix with audio not working whilst connected to the BMW bluetooth? Once I disconnect the car's bluetooth it works instantly.

It may be worth mentioning before the installation I always had bluetooth issues (even through multiple iPhone generations); I would have to constantly flip between connecting to AUX and bluetooth until it worked.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 09:30 AM   #1515
seven790
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

P2000 CIC BootLogo and carplay icon

Has anyone managed to change the bootlogo and the carplay icon on the p2000 CIC?

btw I tried with the instructions from the mr12volt youtube channel and nothing happens when i plug the usb in (i have a carplay_120x120.png in msn_factory_configs folder on a fat32 formatted less than 16gb usb drive) ?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 11:28 AM   #1516
azatos612
Rep
Drives: E60

who has noise at maximum volume?
https://youtube.com/shorts/74ciIHpFb48?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #1517
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Angry

Just wanted to see if anyone could help?

Ive been back and forth with mr12volt support over the microphone issues,
Basically the audio quality on the mic is terrible to the point the people on the end of the line complain about the quality.

Despite Mr12volt swapping the main unit and microphone out the issue is still there,

I know theyve tried to fix this issue with firmware updates however im starting to think that this is a hardware problem that cant be fixed.

I also think mr12volt are aware of this and cant really do anything about it and sell the product regardless.

The carplay functions itself are ok and so is the music quality, but a critical part of it all is the call quality especially if your car doesent have factory bluetooth

Quite frankly im fed up of being a beta tester for brands like these that seem everywhere these days, so im going to tear it out and go with another option.

Unfortunatly my car also has the CCC system so im guessing the cic version is different in the way it handles calls.

If you are going to buy one of these then just be aware of the above issues on this.

Is anyone else having issues with the Microsphone and call quality?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 07:06 PM   #1518
RUG8RB8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_tricky View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone could help?

Ive been back and forth with mr12volt support over the microphone issues,
Basically the audio quality on the mic is terrible to the point the people on the end of the line complain about the quality.

Despite Mr12volt swapping the main unit and microphone out the issue is still there,

I know theyve tried to fix this issue with firmware updates however im starting to think that this is a hardware problem that cant be fixed.

I also think mr12volt are aware of this and cant really do anything about it and sell the product regardless.

The carplay functions itself are ok and so is the music quality, but a critical part of it all is the call quality especially if your car doesent have factory bluetooth

Quite frankly im fed up of being a beta tester for brands like these that seem everywhere these days, so im going to tear it out and go with another option.

Unfortunatly my car also has the CCC system so im guessing the cic version is different in the way it handles calls.

If you are going to buy one of these then just be aware of the above issues on this.

Is anyone else having issues with the Microsphone and call quality?

Thanks
I have been trying for years to get it to work, nothing seems to help. I finally broke down and started using my Pro 2 IPods, it is a PITA, but they work perfectly and my callers say it actually sounds better than if I am just using the phone.
Appreciate 0