BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #925
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
6696
Rep
20,299
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I see 5 on both bezels
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #926
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
2237
Rep
4,182
Posts

Drives: Walking Everywhere
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I see 5 on both bezels
me 2 but if i had to guess; the left is newer since it looks like my brand new one
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #927
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1211
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I see 5 on both bezels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
me 2 but if i had to guess; the left is newer since it looks like my brand new one
yep 5 digit vs 6 digit is their model number. left (newer) is 116610 and right (older) is 16610
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 01:54 AM   #928
Nivarox
Quadrex
Nivarox's Avatar
315
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: BMW G30 530 XDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Close To BMW Dealer

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
cant believe i hadnt posted this here yet. for those wanting to compare the older 5 digit sub vs the newer 6 digit ceramic sub.
Thanks for posting . The more I look at the new models the less I get why people go for vintage and even absurder thing is that they flank Rolex for incorporating beefier lugs in newer models . That's a tool watch and one of the best ways to stress this upon is to make bigger cases if not making bigger lugs
__________________
Comparing BMW i8 to Tesla Is Like Comparing Apples to Pineapples
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 06:46 AM   #929
Bt12
Captain
373
Rep
960
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bicoastal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
cant believe i hadnt posted this here yet. for those wanting to compare the older 5 digit sub vs the newer 6 digit ceramic sub.
I think the 5 looks nicer. The taper lugs so much more sleek. Im not a fan of the maxi case.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #930
N54Yankee
Private
United_States
94
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i|PPK|Cobb|M3 control
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Thanks for posting . The more I look at the new models the less I get why people go for vintage and even absurder thing is that they flank Rolex for incorporating beefier lugs in newer models . That's a tool watch and one of the best ways to stress this upon is to make bigger cases if not making bigger lugs
The Submariner is a tool watch for sure but it's not a hammer or a wrench and larger lugs don't do a thing to facilitate its intended job. It's a tool to dive with recreationally and professionally. Both the old and new Subs do that just as designed. the original Submariner has served well for over 6o years and has even been an issue item for British SBS units for a time and used by other SF teams as well.

Where I think the new Subs lose points is its weight, with the heavier lugs and solid links its noticeably heavier then the older version, heavier then it needs to be. Secondly the ceramic bezel while beautiful will shatter like glass if dropped, It's not forgiving at all, tools aren't supposed to shatter. The older models bezel will dent but continue to work as designed. The price of ceramic bezel replacement is quite high also, even by Rolexes standard.

Many believe that the sole reason for the larger case and lugs Subs is Rolex jumped on the larger is better watch craze that started some years, I think that's the case as well, thankfully they didn't go over the top and only bumped size and weight marginally but still quite noticeable with the extra heft.
I would take either one in a minute but given the choice between the two I bought a new 14060m for the reasons I mentioned.

Last edited by N54Yankee; 01-03-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #931
M5speed
Private First Class
United_States
29
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

When I put this one on in the store, I felt like I needed new clothes to match it. It was just stunning in person.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by M5speed; 01-13-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #932
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1211
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5speed View Post
When I put this one on in the store, I felt like I needed new clothes to match it. It was just stunning in person.
i just cant do white gold. If im getting gold, im getting gold that people can tell is gold. Not something that looks like the stainless ones
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 1
shay2nak687.50

      01-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #933
M5speed
Private First Class
United_States
29
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5speed View Post
When I put this one on in the store, I felt like I needed new clothes to match it. It was just stunning in person.
i just cant do white gold. If im getting gold, im getting gold that people can tell is gold. Not something that looks like the stainless ones
It is gold gold!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #934
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1211
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5speed View Post
It is gold gold!
dam, pic looked like white gold.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #935
M5speed
Private First Class
United_States
29
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5speed View Post
It is gold gold!
dam, pic looked like white gold.
Heres a better pick with another one of my favorites.

My iphone camera is taking pictures like a Nokia today.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #936
JPalm
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2014 x5 50i M sport pack
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boston ma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
I wanted to get her this one(see below) but apparently it's not real accordingly to my local Rolex dealer. It wasn't in their master catalog. Glad it wasn't because it would have costed me a lot more $ haha

not so fast, actually it is… theres a location in NYC to get it done!
https://titanblack.co.uk/collection/...x-daytona-vale

Last edited by JPalm; Yesterday at 01:36 AM.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:40 AM   #937
JPalm
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2014 x5 50i M sport pack
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boston ma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
I wanted to get her this one(see below) but apparently it's not real accordingly to my local Rolex dealer. It wasn't in their master catalog. Glad it wasn't because it would have costed me a lot more $ haha

Not so fast, actually it is real this company has a location in NYC to get it done for you?
https://titanblack.co.uk/collection/...x-daytona-vale
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #938
hl0m4n
Major General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
979
Rep
5,532
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (53)

i am loving the new sea dweller 126660. for the rolex pros:

what is a fair ad price for this watch new? i am seeing $14-15,000 range.

what is the general consensus on resale value say 5 and 10 years from now? the older generation 116660 seem to be taking a dive right now and great deals can be had.

im sure just like buying exotic cars there is an ideal way/time to buy and resell taking little to no hit or maybe even making a few bucks over time. i just need to be educated in the watch game .
__________________
Cars: 07 335i ► 08 328i ► 11 328xi ► 13 M3 ► 17 M4 ► 14 M6
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #939
WIKDF80
Rep > Posts
WIKDF80's Avatar
258
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Redondo Beach

iTrader: (0)

__________________
///M Power AW 17 F80 ZCP DCT /// Macht Schnell spacers /// Macht Schnell comp springs /// RW Carbon /// VF Engineering Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:07 AM   #940
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1211
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i am loving the new sea dweller 126660. for the rolex pros:

what is a fair ad price for this watch new? i am seeing $14-15,000 range.

what is the general consensus on resale value say 5 and 10 years from now? the older generation 116660 seem to be taking a dive right now and great deals can be had.

im sure just like buying exotic cars there is an ideal way/time to buy and resell taking little to no hit or maybe even making a few bucks over time. i just need to be educated in the watch game .
fair ad price is MSRP (~12-13k iirc)

as for resale value, just depends on how the rolex market plays out. Could keep value pretty well, or it could lose 20%

dont buy a standard rolex for the resale value. Most times youll lose.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST