BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

09-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Airlift Install... HELP!

So i'm installing my airlift setup and im down to a couple of things.

First, what fuse does everyone tap into for the signal wire? I put it to the fuel pump fuse to see if everything was working because we want a fuse that's hot when cranking and while running/on but it turns out the fuel pump is always hot on these cars after seeing with a test light. The compressor kept running after shutting everything off though so we don't want that because that will kill my battery.

Second, my 3p app didn't want to pair. I read online to do the 3 seconds on 3 seconds off and then back on to put it in pairing mode but when i had the app up, it just asked to attempt pairing and i clicked it and then it said the manifold wasnt in pairing mode even after I did the pairing sequence. Should I need to go to my iphone settings to check for the bluetooth connection and connect there first or what am I doing wrong?? Also if anyone has an extra controller for a 3p airlift setup, i'd be glad to buy it off of you. 360 628 6006 shoot me a text.

Any input helps. If you could, show the whole pairing sequence on a video and text it to me, that would be ideal. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Have you called airlift? They have excellent customer service. I'm sure someone there can walk you thru the process
      09-28-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Are you running single or dual compressors?

After step 9 "car will start moving..are you ready?"...does it say calibration failed? if it does and your manifold/ECU/brain of the airlift is mounted any other way except flat on its back, take it off and lay it on its back...let it calibrate and say baseline and once you're done getting your preset ride height settings mount it back up the way you want it. After all that, you should be able to pair your 3p app to your phone.

Which remote do you have? I have the buttons to the right, screen to the left. I want the one with the screen on top, buttons on the bottom. If you want to trade for mine LMK.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Are you running single or dual compressors?

After step 9 "car will start moving..are you ready?"...does it say calibration failed? if it does and your manifold/ECU/brain of the airlift is mounted any other way except flat on its back, take it off and lay it on its back...let it calibrate and say baseline and once you're done getting your preset ride height settings mount it back up the way you want it. After all that, you should be able to pair your 3p app to your phone.

Which remote do you have? I have the buttons to the right, screen to the left. I want the one with the screen on top, buttons on the bottom. If you want to trade for mine LMK.
I'm just using the app right now and I was able to pair it after talking to the airlift guys! super helpful over there but i used another battery because they said the comfort access sometimes messes with the pairing sequence so just to pair it, hook it up to another 12v battery and then wire it up after and that worked just fine. They said I could buy a hard wire remote though and they'd give me a discount for a total of $250 which is a lot for a little remote but its better than $300 lol

and i have a single compressor
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 11:08 PM   #5
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
I'm just using the app right now and I was able to pair it after talking to the airlift guys! super helpful over there but i used another battery because they said the comfort access sometimes messes with the pairing sequence so just to pair it, hook it up to another 12v battery and then wire it up after and that worked just fine. They said I could buy a hard wire remote though and they'd give me a discount for a total of $250 which is a lot for a little remote but its better than $300 lol

and i have a single compressor
I thought I saw their site for $100 remote last week, I have another 380c compressor I'm not using for $80, I went with a bigger compressor 440c.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
I thought I saw their site for $100 remote last week, I have another 380c compressor I'm not using for $80, I went with a bigger compressor 440c.
do you have a link?? maybe im being duped and i may take you up on the compressor, let me see how my compressor works once its set on the ground tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
do you have a link?? maybe im being duped and i may take you up on the compressor, let me see how my compressor works once its set on the ground tomorrow
Nope never mind, didn’t see it for $100.
No worries, having 2 compressors now makes a world of difference in filling up like 2 psi every second instead of 1 psi every 3-4 seconds.
Appreciate 0