BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-11-2008, 05:50 AM   #23
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I love my sedan... felt it was the best looking of the new M3's the moment I saw it and a coupe sitting next to each other at the dealer the day they first arrived. Variety is the spice of life, and I'm sure the coupe and vert owners think their cars are the best.

As for the pricing, the economy is very bad right now. Sure, there will always be rich folks that can do as they please, but there are a lot of others that need to put extravagant purchases on hold. Obviously the gas prices have hurt M sales too.

I have always driven nice cars. I can afford them, but have learned not to have to have mine the moment the new model comes available when they are selling at huge premiums. Timing is everything when buying cars, and 6 months can save you thousands of dollars on a purchase, or hundreds of dollars a month on a lease. FYI, I know several VERY well off folks that play the "waiting game" too.

Happy shopping!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #24
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
What's up Dooma!

I almost got 10K off... but it was closer to 8K and change. Good memory!

For others, my e90 M3 was 68K and change and I left the lot at $60K flat. Brand new and pretty much loaded. Was a great deal.

And I still love my M3 and although some do not like the e90 M3, I think it looks great and worth the discount if you're in the M3 market.

The coupe is sweet, but I'm too old and prefer the seden look and style. My coupe days are over.
Laszlo, i Vouch for your M3. Don't listen to negativity man. I am going to get one soon. heheh Where did u get yours from.? Let me know PM me please
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
+1,000 The GTR is an awesome car (I was thinking of buying one), but has been made less desirable by the extreme maintenance cost and markups that the dealers are trying to get out of customers.

I said this comment because the rude 'dentist' guy made a rude comment about M3s not selling and I wanted to remind him that the street goes both ways due to the fact that he is always slamming M3s and saying that GTRs are so much better.
Yeah, I wouldn't listen to a jack ass like him. ANy Mafow doesn't realize that it is not the car that makes the driver; rather, it is the driver that makes the car. People need to watch the video where Ayrton Senna during the Brazil Grand Prix won the race with a gearbox that had only 1st 4th and 5th gear (i think). So much to say about any car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #26
HotCalSun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 / 911S / GT500 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa60 View Post
I got $6k off MSRP of $66945 on a sedan and they also paid two of my remaining 3 lease payments on my 07 530i (another $1100). I did a 42 month lease and got the base Acquisition Fee and base Money Factor. Now is the time to get an M3.
Agreed, now is the time to get the M3 between pricing and the 0.9% financing. Just purchased my e90 M3 over the weekend and am super happy with it. Slight upgrade from my Neuspeed chipped Audi A4.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #27
Born2Panic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

I am also looking into jumping in an E90 M3 as the deals are very good. People are saying 7.5K-10K off MSRP and I just don't see it. Are we only talking about 08's? Using the wholesale price list posted on this site it looks as there is somewhere around 5K between MSRP and wholesale price depending on options...so are we talking about savings with financing rates? Any help or guidance would be great. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #28
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

I think with 08s you can get close to dealer invoice pricing... the closest I could get to invoice pricing on an 09 is about 2000 over invoice. I tried hard and threatened not to come pick up my car, but they just would not cave.

Now the situation I believe is very fluid and the dealership in question might get more desperate as the economy keeps tanking... so who knows what you can get.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #29
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335icDDS View Post
Or maybe the M3 really doesn't sell at all? I've been to BMW dealerships with 10 2008 M3's on their lot still. People must really see that a M3 isn't close to worth its window price.
Dude - seriously. Stop trolling the M3 forum. Your input is repetitive and immature. We've already heard why there is no need for an M3 because the 335i trumps everything (in your opinion).

Give it a rest
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #30
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335icDDS View Post
Or maybe the M3 really doesn't sell at all? I've been to BMW dealerships with 10 2008 M3's on their lot still. People must really see that a M3 isn't close to worth its window price.

I had 14 last week. 3 left today. I guess they are really not selling well.
      11-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #31
shakan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't listen to a jack ass like him. ANy Mafow doesn't realize that it is not the car that makes the driver; rather, it is the driver that makes the car. People need to watch the video where Ayrton Senna during the Brazil Grand Prix won the race with a gearbox that had only 1st 4th and 5th gear (i think). So much to say about any car.
There are certain limits to what a driver can do. Back in 92 Senna had no answer to Mansell, for example. In today's cars I'd say driver input is becoming even less important. With seamless auto transmissions shifting faster than Senna could ever do, TC, LC, etc., being a great driver might just not be sufficient any more if you don't have the machinery to complement your skills.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #32
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

btw, I would add that no matter what you pay... so far, my 09 M3 Coupe is the "Best Car" i have ever owned... tops Mercedes and Ferrari. I can see room for improvement, and maybe there are better cars out there still, but I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Plus my service advisor is beyond helpful... the best service I ever experienced was the old Fletcher Jones Mercedes in San Jose... guy there called Charlie was/is the best... but these BMW guys are just about at his level. I'm pretty pscyhed so far.

But now I have nitwits asking me why I didn't buy an Audi S5 instead...
Appreciate 0