BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
2 flats in 1 day, and now tire is rubbing. Whats going on here?

so i roll out of my parking garage on friday at 2, and get a flat tire less than a minute after pulling out. nail in my tire thanks to road construction. no big deal, i hit the SOS button, and call to get towed. Im taken to BMW of Manhattan, BMW pays the tow truck, and im good to go. Roll up into the service department, and the asian girl tells me "ok theres no technicians here now so you will have to leave the car overnight." im down with that.

She then tells me "go ahead and park behind that black five series". I look hard everywhere for about 30 seconds.... i was amazed that the girl doesnt realize there is no 5 series in sight. I take advantage of her moment of weakness and say "im sorry, park behind the black seven series?" she laughs and smacks her head and corrects herself... not one of her finest moments. i park up and wait for my service advisor.

This good looking woman comes to me, starts taking my info, and asks me what is the problem. I show her i need a new tire, and she goes and checks if she has one in stock. thank god they had 3 just chillin'. she gives me even more good news, she tells me theres a technician who is willing to stay overtime and work on my car. excellent. I sit down, and wait for the vehicle to be fixed. BMW tire insurance saves me some 600 dollars, and im on my way to queens. I stop at the BP station to fill up first, and i was out.

As soon as i left the city on the bridge my TPMS sensor goes off and my iDrive alerts me i have low tire pressure. I say no way, this cannot be possible. Got a brand new tire in the bitch, so it must be a faulty sensor, maybe it was not reset properly. I continue driving the car home and a porsche was playing with me so we had some fun. I reach home and realize that my tire is completely flat. what the fuck?

So the car gets towed in the morning again to Hassell BMW (and never again). They tell me they cannot do anything about it and that i have to bring my car back to bmw of manhattan to have the work fixed or else they would have to charge me for whatever work they do. I get pissed because what the fuck is this? warranty is warranty no matter what. So i beg the guy to at least give me some air in my tire so i can drive back home. he made it so hard but he finally got it done.

the tire was fine and never got flat again. So i dont know what happened to it, but it never deflated after that day. however, i do realise that the tire is rubbing now. what could possibly be causing that? I called the service advisor to schedule another appointment but she hasnt called me back in 3 weeks now. However, my experience at the dealer was excellent dispite the technical issues. I also noticed the tire they gave me looked damaged or old. The labels were basically stripped off and you cant tell what brand or model tire it is. whats REALLY going on here?
      11-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Locksmythe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 AW/FR

installed inside out?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

This story may not be a prevarication, but if not, it's a very good imitation. Perhaps the OP's avatar is the explanation.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
i swear to god. ill post pics of my shady tire when i get to my car again.

i also want to point out that im extremely satisfied with BMW Assist. I thought they were going to make me pay for the second tow, but its always covered. response time was as they estimated (50 minutes for the first tow in john street, 30 minutes for the tow in queens).
      11-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
VAMOS@Transmotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9X M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmythe View Post
installed inside out?
lol inside out?.....
but if you got a flat from city road construction then a letter to the city will get you a check for you flat tire. just depends on how you city work but i had a friend with a damaged rim from road work and he got compensated for a new set. just something to look into, even though you have insurance extra money is still extra money
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
mpardun
CO 14GIPPR
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 ///M3

tires slashed?

Could be an M3 hater? All it takes is an icepick and an ar$ehole.
      11-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
nail in my tire thanks to road construction. no big deal,
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOS@Transmotorsports View Post
but if you got a flat from city road construction then a letter to the city will get you a check for you flat tire.
What kind of nails do they use for road construction?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
What kind of nails do they use for road construction?
they were doing construction on the sidewalk and had to put up the wooden poles to hold up the mesh and shit. i walked by to double check and there were a couple of nails tucked away by the drains.

I wouldnt send the city any letter for anything, i just want the tire to stop rubbing. its my rear left. Im going to make an appointment back at bmw of manhattan and let them undo this mess. I wish i could have been at Pace BMW to start with...