BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

08-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Track Day at Queensland raceway tomorrow!

Hi Everyone,
From all the feedback and the glorious weather we are having tomorrow at Queensland Raceway is shaping up to be a cracker. There is a lot of excitement in the air and there are in all 23 drivers which is the ideal number. From all the conversations and interest it looks like we are going to have this as a regular event. There are also going to be some very interesting cars there as an added bonus including the first delivery of a Laguna Seca M3 which looks great.
Starting time is 11am, but if you want to get there early there is a morning drift session which should be interesting, plus a good time to put faces to names.
There will be two photographers there tomorrow, so anyone wanting their cars photographed let me know after the circuit brief. There will also be videos. There is no cost to anyone for any of this, and if you have and area of expertise you would like to contribute to the community on the day please say so.
If you are not booked in for a drive tomorrow, but just interested in the day, please come along and mix, take photos and have a good time.
Make sure and bring something to eat and plenty of water, the canteen may not be open and if it is queuing up may take too much time.
Be prepared to have an awesome time and if you can’t come along to this one and want to be kept in the loop visit my Facebook page or register on the website to receive a newsletter.
This will always be a non-profit event….. and don’t forget to bring your GoPro cameras! and as a reminder it's long sleeves and trousers on the track

Also attached is a map of how to get in to QR
Attached Images
File Type: pdf mapQR.pdf (75.6 KB, 177 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

So devastated I won't be there for this. I would normally be drifting in the morning too but I'm OS.
Drifting in the morning plus M3 on track in the arvo would have been truly epic.
I suggest getting there early and asking for a passenger ride in one of the drift cars. The guys there would love to show off to an M3 owner.
It is seriously fun even if you're not driving.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Bdez
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez & Fox & X5 3.0d

Woo Hoo

Thanks to Dave for a great day.

Well organized from start to finish especially for us beginners.

For those 'thinking about it' take the plung next time this is on. You will NOT regret it even if you are a bit worried about your garage queen.

Excellant instruction from Doug and I know I learnt a helluva of a lot which will make next time even more fun.

Great bunch of guys across a great bunch of different vehicles.

I'll do it again.

Thanks again Dave.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Real nice day thanks David smoothly run,perfect weather, beautiful cars, awesome sounds.

Particularely loved the sound of that eismann exhaust at full noise on Jared's rocketship. Only disappointment was the track speed of the gtr. Kind of diminished the appeal of my dream car.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Yes, it was a perfect day and I think we achieved everything that was possible. Doug Chappel was awesome and everyone who rode with him was really happy about the experience and the rapid learning curve
There was a great mix of cars and any everyone got one well. Queensland Raceway in their usual style ran a flawless program, thanks QR and thanks to everyone who turned up and made the day what it was. It was s pleasure to put this together
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Already posted in the other thread but thanks heaps for organising. It was my first track day and I had a blast!

Will be keen to go to future events and can't wait to see the photos and footage.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #7
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
Already posted in the other thread but thanks heaps for organising. It was my first track day and I had a blast!

Will be keen to go to future events and can't wait to see the photos and footage.
Thanks Dec
It was great you made it even though you were partially wounded, and there is some strong feedback coming in. Diane and Jayde between them took around 2000 photos yesterday, and as you can imagine processing them is a big job, but that's happening. Keep an eye on my Facebook page (link in signature) and I'll be uploading some albums and videos from yesterday and adding more as they are processed. Whatever you see that you want let me know and I'll email you the high res versions.
What a great turnout and definitely need to do this again. It's nice to put faces to names too.
If we plan 3 per year out of the wet season it may work out best. I have a subscribe page on my website so if anyone wants to receive a newsletter or keep in contact use that or Facebook
If we have any Videographers in the group and you would like to contribute in the next one please let me know, I'm sure everyone would be grateful.
I'll start a new thread for the next upcoming event
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Here's the first vid I've uploaded from yesterday. I'll post the other couple here once they've finished uploading.

Last edited by Dec540; 08-30-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #9
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

That's one nice looking track!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Yeah, it's only just been resurfaced. So smooth and so much grip!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540
Quote:
Yeah, it's only just been resurfaced. So smooth and so much grip!
Not that I'm a lazy bugger, but where is the track exactly?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Willowbank, about 40 minutes South-West from Brisbane.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #13
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540
Quote:
Willowbank, about 40 minutes South-West from Brisbane.
Cheers

So even closer for Sydney folk
Appreciate 0