BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

05-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #45
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

What happened to the OP? It seems like after three pages he would at least chime back in.
      05-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #46
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
What happened to the OP? It seems like after three pages he would at least chime back in.
If I were him, I'd be like "f--k this forum, I am going to use google." after reading the first page.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #47
DutchManticore
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
Hope he's in custody already :P
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #48
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White M3

Im backk, sorry guys for the late reply, I didnt have access to internet.Okay, so I ve read all your posts, and obviously, there are a lot of things that need to be clarified. My bad if a few things were confusing in my previous post.

1/ First of all, the story doesnt have to do with me at all, its a friend of mine who was driving a mercedes E coup. I just thought Ill be saving time by not telling this part of the story. But mannnn, I didnt know I was gonna get so many critics. Concerning my M3 and I, I ve had my car since July 08, I drive it every single day, and the only speed ticket I had was a 39/25 ( which I think is ridiculous).

2/ a lot of you were confused by the speed he was doing. it was going 122 miles. 62 over the limit.

3/ Concerning where he did it, it was a long long stretch, no cars at all, very very late at night and just for a few seconds. On top of that, he just turned 19, still pretty young, and believe me, he learned from it. Come on, we all do stupid mistakes sometimes.

To conclude, big up to guys like DCGOLFDR, Besiktas...for not judging too fast. I like the fact that you guys werent critizing me or anything like that,for the simple reason that elements were missing to this story.I know some people wouldnt miss a chance to judge or criticize others, YOu people need to relax a bit Now you know everything, you can go ahead and judge, criticise,etc....
Also thx for the good advices and the lawyers referrals.

With all that said, I still think that if you own an M3 and never hit a 3 digit number, then, like someone said in this thread, go get a pryus, seriously,u ll never go over 90

Once again, it doesnt have to do with me, Im just trying to help a friend whos in trouble.

Best, Sadd.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #49
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadd View Post
Im backk, sorry guys for the late reply, I didnt have access to internet.Okay, so I ve read all your posts, and obviously, there are a lot of things that need to be clarified. My bad if a few things were confusing in my previous post.

1/ First of all, the story doesnt have to do with me at all, its a friend of mine who was driving a mercedes E coup. I just thought Ill be saving time by not telling this part of the story. But mannnn, I didnt know I was gonna get so many critics. Concerning my M3 and I, I ve had my car since July 08, I drive it every single day, and the only speed ticket I had was a 39/25 ( which I think is ridiculous).

2/ a lot of you were confused by the speed he was doing. it was going 122 miles. 62 over the limit.

3/ Concerning where he did it, it was a long long stretch, no cars at all, very very late at night and just for a few seconds. On top of that, he just turned 19, still pretty young, and believe me, he learned from it. Come on, we all do stupid mistakes sometimes.

To conclude, big up to guys like DCGOLFDR, Besiktas...for not judging too fast. I like the fact that you guys werent critizing me or anything like that,for the simple reason that elements were missing to this story.I know some people wouldnt miss a chance to judge or criticize others, YOu people need to relax a bit Now you know everything, you can go ahead and judge, criticise,etc....

With all that said, I still think that if you own an M3 and never hit a 3 digit number, then, like someone said in this thread, go get a pryus, seriously,u ll never go over 90

Once again, it doesnt have to do with me, Im just trying to help a friend whos in trouble.

Best, Sadd.
Alright buddy, I hope your friend is in custody already
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d, 2019 230i X

Yeah, we all make mistakes. Still, there are plenty of racetracks around. Speed like that should only be on the racetrack - especially with all the clueless drivers and animals running across the road. You're much more likely to wind up dead if you hit one at 122 rather than 75 or 80.
2000 328i sedan (UUC suspension - still the favorite), 2006 M3 slick top - Alpine White/Cinnamon
SOLD! 2008 E90 M3 SOLD! 1991 325iX (both great), 2019 Miata RF - various others not as memorable but gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #51
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadd View Post

Best, Sadd.
Well, YOU said you were driving, so the flack that you got was natural. How are we supposed to know you were not driving after you say you were? Secondly, your OP was very confusing as to the speed, as evidenced by the number of replies that were unclear as to the speed. I don't think "elements were missing from the story" (as you say); I think your post was intentionally misleading.

If you post stuff like that, you need to be aware that lots of ppl on here will take exception to your post.

I'm in the camp that says your 19 year old friend was irresponsible, but we do all make mistakes now and then. I would say he still needs a lawyer.

Whatever...
      05-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #52
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Well, YOU said you were driving, so the flack that you got was natural. How are we supposed to know you were not driving after you say you were? Secondly, your OP was very confusing as to the speed, as evidenced by the number of replies that were unclear as to the speed. I don't think "elements were missing from the story" (as you say); I think your post was intentionally misleading.

If you post stuff like that, you need to be aware that lots of ppl on here will take exception to your post.

I'm in the camp that says your 19 year old friend was irresponsible, but we do all make mistakes now and then. I would say he still needs a lawyer.

Whatever...

I just can't believe you wrote this man. You are THE defin ition of THE type of guy I was talking about in my previous post: the one who doesn't miss a chance to criticise people. I was just trying to correct the confusing things I said in my previous post.

"Secondly, your OP was very confusing as to the speed, as evidenced by the number of replies that were unclear as to the speed" Thx for reminding this...pffffffffffffffff what a waste of time, I've read those replies already,and once again I rewrote the post to make it clearer. And concerning my confusing mistakes,sorry for not being a NATIVE american.

Now the funniest one: " I don't think "elements were missing from the story" (as you say); I think your post was intentionally misleading."

I want to say "NO COMMENTS", but seriously man,I am here trying to help out a friend in trouble, on this forum that I respect so much because we all share the same passion and people are very nice and friendly here( not talking about you of course), AND the only thing you find to say is: "I was intentionnaly misleading people" hahaaa ok, YOU tell me, why would I do that if Im trying to get advices concerning a very serious matter. I like the way you think.

Wasted too much time already writing this, im gonna stop here, and please lets stop it here. I really wasnt gonna respond to this, but I couldnt resist.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #53
streetdreams5520
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroB6 View Post
If your state has a point system, you'll be getting wreckless driving points, and maybe some more. You will 100% lose your driving privileges in the state of NJ(if that's where you were pulled over). It will be for months or years(no joke). So, next road trip, drive around the state of NJ. Trust me, I know this system.
huh u are so wong about osing driv priv for doing 122...nope
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #54
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Mods please close thread....

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #55
jc9527
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m3

its funny how people can criticize a fellow board member asking for help. this could've happen to any of us. and has.

i mean, you go out and spend upwards of 70k on a sports car. the car has a v8 engine crammed into this little frame and its designed with all the latest technology to seriously perform. am i to understand that all this is just so you can cruise at 55mph?? why not just buy a nissan sentra? im sure you can get it with all the luxury options and be more than comfortable. 122mph?? who the hell HASN'T done that?

on the record, i don't condone breaking any laws, obviously. off the record, when conditions allow, i say enjoy your car. just don't get caught.

there is a whole lot to be said about investing in detectors and jammers. it's a war out there with those cops. either arm yourself or your gonna die. believe me, after the judge/lawyers hand you an ass whipping you'll wish you were dead.

now to the advice... get a good, no GREAT lawyer. make sure he's the BEST. research him. lawyers dont care about you. they get paid no matter what. maybe even offer him bonus money as an incentive to get the best outcome possible. to be paid after the verdict, of course. your gonna be throwing big cash at this problem so just forget about the money aspect. you dont want jail, community service or revoked license. youd rather pay then deal with any of that. you know what they say, "it's how fast can you afford to go!"

just consider this a lesson learned. take it in stride and next time invest in detectors / jammers and most importantly, know your terrain! dont speed in areas and highways that you are not familiar with. good luck and god be with you.

and keep us updated!! we need to learn from the mistakes of others
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #56
wgf77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi A5

Jesus, everyone relax, so he was speeding and got caught. Roads open up and temptation arises. I have topped my M3 to 145 with no one on the road and perfect weather conditions...big deal. He needs some help. I am going to court in Chicago for 100 in a 55 on June 9th. As an attorney, I know I am in a bit of trouble so I would advise an attorney for you. Go to the NJ town where you got caught and find the Bar Assocation (on the internet) and look for traffic attorneys. I was a former prosecutor so know the prosecutor "prosecuting" me...but you need someone to minimize your damage. There will be damage but no jail time for sure! Slow down cause if you get another, then you really are in trouble. But relax, things could be worse! Lesson learned...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #57
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks to JC9527 and wgf77 for your understanding
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #58
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

I think I am going to do 100mph this evening. To all the critics, next time you go to dinner if you have a glass of alcohol I hope you take a cab home, you need to signal when changing lanes, must come to a complete stop at a stop sign, never go through an intersection when the light may change to red, keep both hands the wheel, I think you get my point. Everyone has broken traffic laws just try to do them in situations where you do not get caught.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #59
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

hey guys, it could b worse, beleive me... I got pulled over monday for doing 129 in a 55... And on top of that i had a suspended license which I had no clue about.... The license got suspended 3 days earlier because i forgot to pay a tinted window ticket... Yup, it sucks... Got help tho, gonna cost me some thousands but should b taken care of, for the most [part... Ur best bet is to hire someone good.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 02:16 AM   #60
GIANTGOOK
swwwwwishhhh
United_States
Rep
Drives: a turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
just tell the judge if he drove an M3 he would understand. i have to get those radar jammers front and rear.
radar jammers are illegal in all states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meff View Post
General rule of thumb is fight it - often procedural technicalities or the ticketing officer not showing up can get you off. The chances may be slim for this type of excessive speeding though.

Lawyer up and try to find a hole to wiggle through - this could be the best money you spend for a while.

And no, he was not going 187 mph -

Good luck OP -
not in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Get a lawyer.

Buy radar detectors and laser jammers.

Don't drive like an idiot, lesson learned.
Going 122mph even with the BEST radar detector its too late to slow down to a reasonable speed, maybe would of saved him 20mph off the top
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
well if it was a state trooper in either NJ or NY you would have had your car taken away, your license and been in jail. Im actually shocked you didnt. At the very least I think you will lose your license with a huge fine. my suggestion is to get a lawyer and hopefully the cop goes light on you but i doubt it since he gave you the break of not taking away your vehicle and/or jail. Sell the m3...
NY license dont even worry about it just pay the fine, no points transfer over, if you have NJ license get a GREAT attorney and you can possibly get the 7points 5speeding 2from careless (5 if you were written up for reckless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
hey guys, it could b worse, beleive me... I got pulled over monday for doing 129 in a 55... And on top of that i had a suspended license which I had no clue about.... The license got suspended 3 days earlier because i forgot to pay a tinted window ticket... Yup, it sucks... Got help tho, gonna cost me some thousands but should b taken care of, for the most [part... Ur best bet is to hire someone good.
i've been clocked 100in a 55 and had 7pending points reduced to 2, it really depends WHAT town in NJ as on the turnpike exit 12 is a speed trap(small town makes all $$ of speeders)
ive been clocked at 52 in a 25(i wasnt even speeding) - reduced to 0

so for 10/7pts 1st infraction it could all dissipate after heavy fines or reduced points with heavy fines

you need to pay to play in the end, i say learn learn your lesson and be done with it.

your FRIEND needs an attorney that knows the judge/prosecutor
Appreciate 0