BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-09-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
herrubermensch
Rep
Drives: E46M3 ST3; E39 M5 Endurance

EAE/Partee Racing Solid-Topped S65 Carbon Plenum

Starting a new thread for the solid-topped version of our popular carbon fiber plenum for the BMW S65. The first production unit exited the shop yesterday and is on its way to its new lucky overseas owner. Here are some pics, which BTW were taken in my engine assembly room and so are NOT pro quality. Just wanted to share because I am much more of a fan of the solid-topped version than the windowed-one!

--Peter
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
DRLane3988.50
e92dud61.50
CTMike262.00
Abdul1040.50
Tuner199.00
      03-09-2024, 10:30 AM   #2
1FastSicilian
-Frank
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

those nuts on the interior photo give me anxiety! Looks like a nice product though.. What's pricing?
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 10:51 AM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Final product looks great! The all CF plenum version is so clean looking compared to the version with the large central Lexan window. The two plenum designs visually look like they aren’t based on the exact same design - all CF FTW!
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2024, 10:57 AM   #4
mikerunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [9.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
those nuts on the interior photo give me anxiety! Looks like a nice product though.. What's pricing?
I thought the same. Looks like an epic piece of equipment overall, but I’d love to know the provisions for keeping those nuts secure.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 11:44 AM   #5
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerunt View Post
I thought the same. Looks like an epic piece of equipment overall, but I’d love to know the provisions for keeping those nuts secure.
yeah its one of those things where you pray they didn't forget to tighten it down LOL.

i might have to reconsider after seeing that. i was waiting for a solid top version to be shown before pre-ordering.
Appreciate 1
mikerunt306.00
      03-09-2024, 12:21 PM   #6
Chrisyphus
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, Teslarati Model 3 P

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
yeah its one of those things where you pray they didn't forget to tighten it down LOL.

i might have to reconsider after seeing that. i was waiting for a solid top version to be shown before pre-ordering.

Fellas... these are nuts that are approximately 4" below the velocity stack opening. I reckon if ever you're in a situation where the nut has the opportunity to bounce up that high and then land back inside one of the cylinders, your car is totaled. Not because of the nut, but because you just flew through the air and/or rolled.

However, I am nothing if not thorough... we employed a high-tech and revolutionary technique: lock nuts. Every nut is a lock nut. Even if forget to torque them to 10Nm, they will not come loose.

Also, because nothing is actually safe without redundancy, we gave each screw a touch of Red Locktite.

I am very confident that these two measures will ensure that whether there's an unnoticed manufacturing defect in the lock nuts, operator error in missing a screw with Locktite, or any other disaster, you don't need to worry about the nuts.
Appreciate 6
mikerunt306.00
CTMike262.00
CSBM52722.50
Tuner199.00
      03-09-2024, 12:24 PM   #7
Chrisyphus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Final product looks great! The all CF plenum version is so clean looking compared to the version with the large central Lexan window. The two plenum designs visually look like they aren’t based on the exact same design - all CF FTW!
Thanks. We are really happy with it.

We were all quite surprised with just how different it looked when we first de-molded it too, but it is the exact same parent model for each version. one just has a relief for the Lexan.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 12:28 PM   #8
Chrisyphus
Rep

Quote:
What's pricing?
Pricing is currently $1800 as part of our product launch sale but will go up in the near future.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2024, 12:40 PM   #9
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisyphus View Post
Thanks. We are really happy with it.

We were all quite surprised with just how different it looked when we first de-molded it too, but it is the exact same parent model for each version. one just has a relief for the Lexan.
My question isn’t about the nuts themselves…how the heck did you get the nuts onto the two screws farthest from the intake end of the plenum - do you use trained mice or perhaps have an Ant-Man suit?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 12:56 PM   #10
Chrisyphus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
My question isn’t about the nuts themselves…how the heck did you get the nuts onto the two screws farthest from the intake end of the plenum - do you use trained mice or perhaps have an Ant-Man suit?
it's not so bad lol. You're just shoulder deep starting it with your fingers then holding a shorty wrench on the nut. of all the myriad of steps, that's one of the easiest.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 01:09 PM   #11
mikerunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [9.72]
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere - are there spec sheets for HP/Tq gains and anything heat related? What would shipping time be?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 02:47 PM   #12
CTMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisyphus View Post
Fellas... these are nuts that are approximately 4" below the velocity stack opening. I reckon if ever you're in a situation where the nut has the opportunity to bounce up that high and then land back inside one of the cylinders, your car is totaled. Not because of the nut, but because you just flew through the air and/or rolled.

However, I am nothing if not thorough... we employed a high-tech and revolutionary technique: lock nuts. Every nut is a lock nut. Even if forget to torque them to 10Nm, they will not come loose.

Also, because nothing is actually safe without redundancy, we gave each screw a touch of Red Locktite.

I am very confident that these two measures will ensure that whether there's an unnoticed manufacturing defect in the lock nuts, operator error in missing a screw with Locktite, or any other disaster, you don't need to worry about the nuts.
I mean…
Attached Images

03-10-2024, 06:25 AM   #13
Chrisyphus
Rep

Quote:
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere - are there spec sheets for HP/Tq gains and anything heat related? What would shipping time be?

You haven’t missed it, we just bought an in ground AWD dyno and it is expected to arrive around the 18th of this month and we hope to have it set up the following week to start testing. Until then, we can only go off of flow simulations and intuition.

Can you be more specific regarding heat? My mind goes to 15 different answers and I’d rather not waste our time by answering in a way that doesn’t address your actual question.

We have a bit of a backlog as we were pleasantly surprised with the volume of orders last month so at the moment it’s difficult to give a hard ship date.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 08:58 AM   #14
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Had an amazing time this past Monday during my unplanned, last-minute trip over to Partee Racing. Got an insider's look at the Carbon Fiber production process and had the chance to chat with Christopher D Knerr and Peter Stone Partee Sr about some FAQs regarding the manufacturing process and design. Thank you guys for giving me time even though my trip wasn't planned. Stay tuned for videos coming soon on YouTube!

With full-fledged production underway, don't miss out on the presale price for the plenums. The Solid Top plenums are a favorite at the moment, and I have a feeling Peter played a big role in that. Plus, they're hands down the best-looking plenums out there. While the Lexan Top version is stunning too, it's not everyone's cup of tea. I'm all in for the Lexan top and already have it installed in my car.

https://eaemotorsports.com/products/...-carbon-plenum

https://www.instagram.com/stories/pa...10NWFpbjVnNXk4

https://www.instagram.com/stories/pa...NnMjJxdnBpczFr
Attached Images

Appreciate 0