BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM
Closed Thread

11-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #45
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Montreal View Post
It is definitely more than the states, bu t it's not like crazy marked up.

I know that my dad's 2011 E92 AW fully-loaded (yes he drives an M3 )
was around USD$100k more or less in Korea (after taxes and everything_
Not bad. Thanks man.

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #46
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
What sort of person posts a note like this.

Jealous much?

If not, what on earth would possess a normal human being to write this note.

Oh right. It's the Internet so you don't have to worry about being punched in the face because you're a jerk.

Sheesh.
VERY
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #47
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
VERY
Not to thread jack but when are you getting yours Chung?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #48
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Coming from one that owns a car that has a toaster pop up Nav and a dash board that looks and feels more like a chalkboard.

An M3 has far better build quality than a C63 and a GT-R.. That's fact.

Dude - how long you going to hang around the M3 forum? MBWorld is >>>>>
JD Power says otherwise. Your opinion is not fact. Don't even try to pass it off as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
I'd like to see an objective link to prove that "fact".
My BMWs have had way more problems than my Mercs or my GTRs.
He has none. He's just another GT-R hater. Don't mind him. Congrats on the '13. Can you please put up a comparo with the '12 when it comes in? I know that Ceramic brakes are now standard, but I'm interested to know if it still acts like a 'race car' with the diff and transmission noises.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-27-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #49
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
JD Power says otherwise. Your opinion is not fact. Don't even try to pass it off as one.

He has none. He's just another GT-R hater. Don't mind him. Congrats on the '13. Can you please put up a comparo with the '12 when it comes in? I know that Ceramic brakes are now standard, but I'm interested to know if it still acts like a 'race car' with the diff and transmission noises.
Right because JD Power is the all knowing survey?? Come on man, you know better.

Btw, your second comment "still acts like a race car" do you ever read your own posts out loud, the 2013 WILL STILL act like a race car, ceramic brakes, more HP, new diff and transmission will only make it faster and more of what it already is...a race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Thanks guys! im loving the car. haha. man so stressful in the morning..deciding which car to drive to work...HAHA..sorry.....
anyways, imma keep the GTR stock. but im pretty sure the mod bug will bite me sooner or later haha.
but saving up some monayy for a supercharger for the m3 woot woooot!
i still like my m3 better~ yeee haha
EM TREEE represent!!!
RE: Mod bug with a G-TR, the GT-R has incredible potential I give you two months before some serious mods start rolling in - Are there any tracks or great roads in Korea, that GT-R will need to stretch it's legs out from time to time, I hope there is enough road for you to enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #50
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Right because JD Power is the all knowing survey?? Come on man, you know better.

Btw, your second comment "still acts like a race car" do you ever read your own posts out loud, the 2013 WILL STILL act like a race car, ceramic brakes, more HP, new diff and transmission will only make it faster and more of what it already is...a race car

RE: Mod bug with a G-TR, the GT-R has incredible potential I give you two months before some serious mods start rolling in - Are there any tracks or great roads in Korea, that GT-R will need to stretch it's legs out from time to time, I hope there is enough road for you to enjoy it.
You're making me question if you read your posts out loud to yourself. Maybe the new diff and tranny have been improved, to provide less noise for day to day driving. Also, JD Power is a good source to get a hint at what a manufacturer's quality is like. BMW has been falling the past few years while Mercedes and Audi have been slowly climbing up the scales. I would go as far to say that the new C Class quality is almost(big almost) as good as a Porsche's Cayman. Everything is tight and the leather is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Not to thread jack but when are you getting yours Chung?
I'm currently in negotiations at Coral Square Auto Mall and at Maroone Nissan. I'm taking my time though because both dealerships pissed me off when I walked in so we'll see what happens.
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #52
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
I'm currently in negotiations at Coral Square Auto Mall and at Maroone Nissan. I'm taking my time though because both dealerships pissed me off when I walked in so we'll see what happens.
I just called my local dealership and they told me I had no chance of getting one . They've sold all of their allocations.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #53
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You're making me question if you read your posts out loud to yourself. Maybe the new diff and tranny have been improved, to provide less noise for day to day driving. Also, JD Power is a good source to get a hint at what a manufacturer's quality is like. BMW has been falling the past few years while Mercedes and Audi have been slowly climbing up the scales. I would go as far to say that the new C Class quality is almost(big almost) as good as a Porsche's Cayman. Everything is tight and the leather is perfect.
your noobness is hanging out like crazy here. If you go to JD power for info, you've lost your cookies. Those are reviews from customers, they mail in the cards, some people drive one type of brand for years, JD's rating system has been proven to be flawed for years.

Back to your other comment...
Do you really think Nissan is going to make a silent diff and silent "tranny" as you say, I think these post that you make are further indications that you have little to no experience with the actual cars that you are talking about.
600hp and a really quiet "tranny"

Go spend some time at a car shop, or a race track and report back. I think you need to sign off M3post and go experience these cars in the real world.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #54
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
your noobness is hanging out like crazy here. If you go to JD power for info, you've lost your cookies. Those are reviews from customers, they mail in the cards, some people drive one type of brand for years, JD's rating system has been proven to be flawed for years.

Back to your other comment...
Do you really think Nissan is going to make a silent diff and silent "tranny" as you say, I think these post that you make are further indications that you have little to no experience with the actual cars that you are talking about.
600hp and a really quiet "tranny"

Go spend some time at a car shop, or a race track and report back. I think you need to sign off M3post and go experience these cars in the real world.
Which is why I said it's a good hint at what you'll experience. Never said it's going to be 100% correct. You keep making yourself look stupid by jumping the gun and trying to insult me.

As for the GT-R The 2011 I test drive was leagues better then the original. As the years have gone on, the GT-R has become more and more refined, all while adding amazing performance. I also said that the noises may of IMPROVED. I never said it's gone. Again, in your efforts to try and insult me, you've made yourself look like more of an idiot. Instead of trying to insult me, you may want to try and actually read what I have written before responding.

You also may want to get to know me before telling me I need to spend more time in 'Shops or racetracks'. With that said, I had you on ignore but it seems you still can't have a civil discussion without making smart or smurk comments. Get over yourself. Back on the ignore list you go.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #55
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
It didn't happen unless there are pics.
agreed. 0 to 60in 2.9 seconds i will take it
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #56
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You also may want to get to know me before telling me I need to spend more time in 'Shops or racetracks'. With that said, I had you on ignore but it seems you still can't have a civil discussion without making smart or smurk comments. Get over yourself. Back on the ignore list you go.
Get to know you, by your posts I know enough. You've never owned an M3, yet spend hours of your time trashing it on M3post. You can't seem to stop trashing BMW, and talking about the GT-R. L1k3 OMG, can u Plz r3port back to M3post about your GT-R?? like pretty plz. L1k3 is the Diff quieter, cuz that would be cool.

L1k3 OMG, the quality of m3 is going down, time to jump ship! Ooohhh nnoooeesssss...M brand, not worth of t-shirt any more
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #57
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

JD Power is bullshit #1 --- see what Nine has said already. It has been proven time and again. On top of that, JD Power doesn't opine on what type of interior a car has, how ridiculous a toaster pop up Navigation screen is, how shitty the paint quality is, et al.

Go pester the MBWorld guys with your incessant GT-R nutswinging (when you just bought a C63)

Last edited by alms211; 11-27-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #58
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
I just called my local dealership and they told me I had no chance of getting one . They've sold all of their allocations.
Are you Sybil? --- you have a Porsche as your avatar, just bought a C63 and jizz over the thought of owning a GT-R......................and spend all of your time on an M3 forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #59
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
JD Power is bullshit #1 --- see what Nine has said already. It has been proven time and again. On top of that, JD Power doesn't opine on what type of interior a car has, how ridiculous a toaster pop up Navigation screen is, how shitty the paint quality is, et al.

Go pester the MBWorld guys with your incessant GT-R nutswinging (when you just bought a C63)
1.)The Pop up nav screen is gone.
2.)JD power does report on interior
3.)Exterior quality is also something that is reported on.
4.)I respect the GT-R for what it is. For 110K, you get blistering performance. Would I buy one at that price? Hell no. A C63 AMG Black Series would be in my driveway instead.
5.) I bought a C63 AMG because the M3 was in it's final year and I don't do well with having something that's outdated so quickly. The C63 still has another 3 years left.

Quote:
Are you Sybil? --- you have a Porsche as your avatar, just bought a C63 and jizz over the thought of owning a GT-R......................and spend all of your time on an M3 forum.
The 911 Turbo is my dream car. I really want a 991 Turbo S.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-27-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #60
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

That GTR and M3 must cost quite a bit in Seoul. Them locals tax them really since they are so anti-import The GTR must be fun to drive around in the winter time though in Korea as Korea sees ice and snow during the winter. The M3 would be too tail happy on ice and in the snow. During the spring and summer you could take the M3 out
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #61
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for your car.

If you see a MR e90 M3 that'll probably be me.

PS Highway 171 is nice if you want to take your car up to speed. New road, very few cameras, barely any traffic. I track semi-regularly down in Taebaek (near High-One resort) but the course is a bit short so you won't be able to hit top speed.

PPS M3 is alot fun in the winter...just gotta make sure to have winter tires.

Last edited by RayC; 11-28-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #62
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
WOW that video just made me want to go to a race track
It also made me want to buy a GT-R [considering a 991 CS]. Bloody amazing feat of engineering.

To OP: you're very fortunate to be able to have both.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #63
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Coming from one that owns a car that has a toaster pop up Nav and a dash board that looks and feels more like a chalkboard.

An M3 has far better build quality than a C63 and a GT-R.. That's fact.

Dude - how long you going to hang around the M3 forum? MBWorld is >>>>>
Hey dude,
I am stating the obvious. Comparisons here go like this:
Better than the M3 in a straight line: The M3 will kill it on corners
Better than the M3 on corners: the M3 kills it in interior
Better than the M3: It is American/Japanese made and the M3 is German
Lexus has a fake exhaust, do not mention the fake ones on the 5 and 7 series
The C63 has a popup screen, hope they do not notice the ones on the new 3 models

Last edited by bimmerj; 11-28-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #64
Topspeed
fast enough
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Cayman, GTR, M235, Boxster S,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
Hey dude,
I am stating the obvious. Comparisons here go like this:
Better than the M3 in a straight line: The M3 will kill it on corners
Better than the M3 on corners: the M3 kills it in interior
Better than the M3: It is American/Japanese made and the M3 is German
Lexus has a fake exhaust, do not mention the fake ones on the 5 and 7 series
The C63 has a popup screen, hope they do not notice the ones on the new 3 models
Ha ha ha, I agree with everything you said, however you left out these gems:

-No manual transmission was a deal breaker for me (Jeez, I wonder when the guys in F1 are going to revert to manual transmissions)
-When you point out that the M3's steering wheel and much of the interior is plastic and straight from a 320i you're told that it's superior plastic.
-The foot pedals are once again pilfered from an e 30 with no aluminum accents, but that's alright since you never fix what isn't broke.
-All this talk about superior build quality on the M3 without noticing the misaligned and huge panel gaps on the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #65
tiggers m3
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 ///M3 Coupe

NICE!
2004 MV Agusta F4 "SR" = SOLD - only 300 made worldwide, Sweet Bike
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #66
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
I'd like to see an objective link to prove that "fact".
My BMWs have had way more problems than my Mercs or my GTRs.
i agree with this. bmw reliability and quality control are terrible. i don't own an 92 m3, but the e46 m3 i owned was beyond terrible in this deparment.

my lowly acurra and honda just so much better than the m3 in this regards. the new m3 or any other bmw is probably the same IMO.

the m3 is nice, but after a few stupid issues and having stranded on the road a few times albeit always maintain it on time, etc, it just becomes annoying. i sold it. feel so much better now.

OP should da go with the 2012 GTR. it is improved in everyway over the previous model years. the GTR is getting better and better each year and I do like the 2012 look so much better. love it in blue or black with the black/red recaro seat on the black model. i'm impressed.

the only thing i wish the gtr has is the noise. but oh well not much you can do with these turbo cars in the exaust noise deparment. it will never be as good as an NA noise.

i'm hoping for Nissan to go porsche route where they would expand the GTR line up with different engine configuration such as Turbo, NA, DCT, manual. a GTR witht he 600hp V8 from the FIA gt1 car would be insane. this will solve the exaust note problem.

Last edited by graider; 11-29-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread