BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

10-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #45
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Well, in order for this car to be sold you will need a signed lease agreement. This includes you having signed all of the disclosures, etc.

Now, the only way that the lease payments can start last week is for BMW to backdate the contract after you sign it.

Backdating financial contracts, such as a lease agreement, is patently against the law.

Let's just say you are not off to a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I'm actually going the opposite way, I live in SF Bay Area and going down to San Diego as I just put a deposit down on a car @ BMW of Encinitas on a new M3. I'm concerned about these stories all the time. Deposits are different here in California. I was told by multiple SA that deposits can't be placed on cars here in Cali. It's either sold or available for sale. I tried to put deposits on various used cars at different BMW dealerships and was told many times that I couldn't. The fact that BMW of Encinitas did, I'm a little concerned as well. Plane ticket is bought and I'm suppose to pick up car next week. Sorry OP to hear about your story.

The Sales Manager told me the car is mine since I gave him a credit card for deposit. A week later, the charge hasn't appeared on my credit card. I was suppose to sign docs locally as well, but they had the wrong figures on the current contract. The dealership told me that they had to consider the car sold last week when I gave him the CC since they had others looking at the car since then. Therefore, since it's also a leased vehicle, he had to inform BMWNA that the car is sold as well so I have to start payment on it as of last week as well. Any insights to this?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #46
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
So they basically tried to get you to sign a contract with the wrong figures (guessing too high), then when you didn't, they will now backdate the one you do sign? And, you will pay for a week you didn't have the car? Why would they expect you to agree to that? You should pay when you are ready to take the car, and that is when the lease should start.
The numbers were changed due to me renegotiating the Tire and Wheel warranty. I was able to get them to lower it even more after the contract was sent so therefore, it had older figures.

I need to look into this matter some more. Will post a thread on this topic. Don't want hijack this thread on an off topic.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #47
e92involved
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Yeah .. dealerships in general are pretty shady. They are motivated to sell cars, they care about nothing else.

You probably could have asked them to send you the paperwork and sign it before you went in. That would have guaranteed the car - but you would have purchased a car without seeing it in person.
You own nothing until you drive that car from the dealership...
      03-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #48
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

OP - that is super shady and you have every right to be pissed off. I hope this thread grows and really shuts out some business on their end. I would go a step further and complain to BMW NA so it's recorded as one more poor customer experience from BMW SF.
Appreciate 0