BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #67
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
9/13 Update - Shift knob

Today's project, F10 M5 shift knob retrofit. Was a pretty easy DIY job after being inspired by Nolan12's thread here. I used a ton of small paper clips and epoxy to set the leather to the new base ring

Everything clips in like OEM and wow, it feels so good. The F10 M5 knob sits a little lower than stock but my AS shifter I ordered was custom made for a 10mm increased height, that way it should bring the knob closer to the OEM position.

Every 6MT M3 owner should do this mod, it feels very solid now, can't wait to see how it feels combined with the AutoSolutions shifter.

Damnit. You're starting to make me want to get a 6mt E92. The poor shift/clutch feel was one of the main reasons why I decided to purchase a DCT.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #68
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Quote:
9/13 Update - Shift knob

Today's project, F10 M5 shift knob retrofit. Was a pretty easy DIY job after being inspired by Nolan12's thread here. I used a ton of small paper clips and epoxy to set the leather to the new base ring

Everything clips in like OEM and wow, it feels so good. The F10 M5 knob sits a little lower than stock but my AS shifter I ordered was custom made for a 10mm increased height, that way it should bring the knob closer to the OEM position.

Every 6MT M3 owner should do this mod, it feels very solid now, can't wait to see how it feels combined with the AutoSolutions shifter.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/7YD5DbD/DSC-4040.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/bv14XwL/DSC-4044.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Bj8x2tw/DSC-4047.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/F87fjTT/DSC-4048.jpg[/IMG]
Damnit. You're starting to make me want to get a 6mt E92. The poor shift/clutch feel was one of the main reasons why I decided to purchase a DCT.
Lol, yeah same reason my first two E92 M3s were DCT. I HATED the stock shifter, rubbery and sloppy. These two upgrades fixes it completely. Where in SoCal are you? If you're close by you can take my car for a spin
Appreciate 1
911r889.00
      09-25-2020, 07:25 PM   #69
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Lol, yeah same reason my first two E92 M3s were DCT. I HATED the stock shifter, rubbery and sloppy. These two upgrades fixes it completely. Where in SoCal are you? If you're close by you can take my car for a spin
Exactly, when I drove my co-worker's 35,000 mile 6mt E92 M3 it was nearly perfect...but I just couldn't justify driving a 6mt car in LA traffic for shifter feel like that. Plus the clutch pedal felt iffy (like it got stuck for a second when being disengauged). I might have to reconsider, though. I had an auto-solutions short shifter in my E46 M3 and it was magical, just clunked right into gear. I wish I was closer, I'd totally take you up on that...really appreciate the offer! I'm in Whittier, perhaps if I ever venture up farther north I'll shoot you a pm
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #70
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Most likely an install issue, I have no problems at all with this shifter combo, in fact, it feels about perfect.

A little video I took.

That does look perfect! Thank you for the video!
DanMpower3231.00
      09-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #71
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
I'm just getting warmed up baby lol.

Getting the "core" of the car dialed in before the real "fun" mods begin.

I'll see if I can take some videos of the exhaust setup tonight.

It sounds pretty much identical to this, just a tad quieter with the 300 cell.
Sounds fantastic! How is the drone?

I have a challenge street mid pipe currently and have had a few rear sections with it. I had the Challenge rear section but it was murder on the ears, the drone was awful. I considered the Eisenmann Sport, but couldn't find any clips with that set up and I thought the Race might put me right back to where i started. This is why i ask...

I have since modified my OEM rear section myself, I only covered 75% of the perforated section so I'm not sure what you would call it. I wanted a calm sounding car when i was driving calm (The SC whine is audible, but not intrusive) and a angry car when I was driving the car a little aggressive. Its like Jekyll and Hyde now.

BTW, your level of commitment to make your car the best it can be is nothing short of remarkable. I feel the same about my car, i was lucky enough to purchase one from an owner like you and I. It didn't hurt that my car only had 19K on it when I bought it.. Keep up the good work I love the thread!
      09-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #72
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
You like the Griots fabric cleaner for the speed cloth? I've used hot water but still have some spotting, trying to figure out what's the best approach to cleaning without getting too aggressive and ruining something.
BlueM3Wagon, I tried to respond to your PM regarding ordering the AS shifter and install process but your PM box is full so I'll answer it here.

The best way to place an order is to give Ronald a call, he always seems to pick up the phone and has no problems having a 30-minute conversation with you explaining in detail everything you'll ever want to know about short shifters and bushings, lol.

For reduction, he recommends 15 percent or less to give the same shift effort as OEM, my first one ordered for my E90 was 15 percent, I decided to change it up a bit for my E92 and went with a 12 percent reduction. The 12 percent for me seems to be the sweet spot, it feels great. Since you're using the F10 knob, I also recommend you have him increase the height 10mm to bring the F10 knob closer to OEM height unless you prefer the knob to sit lower. It's all personal taste.

Lastly are the bushings, my first kit I ordered I went with 90A bushings, which is on the stiffer spectrum so you do end up feeling more vibrations in the shifter. It feels good if you like the direct "mechanical" feedback, for my E92 I went with the 70A+ bushings, and again it feels "just right" for me.

The install process for the shift kit is very straight forward but just tedious because of the small cramp spaces to work with. After doing it twice now I find it very easy, I can probably knock out the install in about 1.5 hours. Definitely anyone with limited mechanical skills and lots of patience can install this.

Good luck man and it's probably the most rewarding and favorite mod for my E9x 6MT cars I've done. Hands down it transforms the driving feel and experience, the car feels like a proper performance vehicle now.
Appreciate 2
Ajolives922.00
94jedi829.00
      10-06-2020, 12:58 AM   #73
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

10/5 Update - DINAN Intake

A nice little piece showed up today, just finished installing it tonight since I had some free time.

DINAN CF intake system

Fitment 10/10

This intake is replacing my BMC drop in filter and honestly the car doesn't sound any different, I'm guessing my exhaust combo drowns out most of the induction noise.

It does add a little bling to the engine bay which is always nice. Probably placebo but the car does feel a little quicker.

Stay tuned, more intake parts coming...
Appreciate 5
94jedi829.00
Silos555.50
Space Fox1042.00
wyatth3548.50
      10-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #74
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

^ I think you're right, your exhaust is drowning it out. My car had the Dinan intake installed before exhaust and you could definitely hear a difference. Nothing major, but certainly noticeable, mostly at higher RPM's.

Car is coming along nicely
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #75
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 10/7 - Better pressure washer

Not specifically M3 related but most of my order from Obsessed Garage and Detailed Image came. Donated my trusty SunJoe electric portable washer (which had served me well for over 2 years) to a co-worker and upgraded to the Comet Static 1700 "Advanced" kit along with a few other detail items. Some liquids, fresh microfibers, and drying towels to wrap it up.

Appreciate 1
      10-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #76
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

I have the full OG setup for the Karcher 1700, you'll love that foam cannon and the Mosmatic gun. Assuming that's the "regular" mosmatic gun vs the OG-spec gun? I have the regular and it's been just fine for my needs.
      10-07-2020, 06:51 PM   #77
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
I have the full OG setup for the Karcher 1700, you'll love that foam cannon and the Mosmatic gun. Assuming that's the "regular" mosmatic gun vs the OG-spec gun? I have the regular and it's been just fine for my needs.
Cool man, yeah I'm excited to try it. Need to pick up a few plumbing connections firsts because it will be wall-mounted.

I think the gun I got as part of the Advance package is the standard Mosmatic one but I think it's the same gun as the OG spec just with different fittings, correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      10-10-2020, 10:25 PM   #78
regensburg94
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
I do and I think it works wonders on the speed cloth because it's not too aggressive and leaves the fabric looking new after drying. I also have Sonax Upholstery/Alcantara cleaner that I bought after watching Matt from Obsessed Garage clean his Speed Cloth E92 with that stuff. I tried it out on a small section of the rear seat and while it works okay, it leaves a REALLY strong odor of citrus/lemon that I'm not a fan of.

I like Griot's interior because it doesn't have any chemical or perfume smell to it, amazingly my car still has the "new car" smell and I didn't want to mask it with some fruity scent cleaner.

Yes indeed! That pic was from another member who had it done and I instantly fell in love, knew I had to have a set.
Beautiful car and great build!

I've got a mint interior as well, with a nice new car smell to go along with it. Don't want to mess with that at all, but also want to condition my leather and am leaning towards Swissvax leather milk. Is there much/any scent with the Swissvax, or will it let the natural new leather smell to come through?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 06:35 AM   #79
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Cool man, yeah I'm excited to try it. Need to pick up a few plumbing connections firsts because it will be wall-mounted.

I think the gun I got as part of the Advance package is the standard Mosmatic one but I think it's the same gun as the OG spec just with different fittings, correct me if I'm wrong.
I plan on wall mounting my karcher as well. Actually, thinking about buying the comet to wall mount and keeping the karcher for "around the house" chores. We'll see. But yes, I have the original mosmatic gun; https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...nt=33582084931 w/ QD's and am very pleased with it.
      10-26-2020, 11:07 PM   #80
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 10/26/20 - Corsa UCC Exhaust

Removed my beloved Eisenmann Race and installed a Corsa UCC exhaust today.

Definitely not as hideous as people make it out to be, I think it looks rather clean actually. The install was cake, everything lined up nicely.

Sound: In-person the sound is the most unique of any E9x M3 exhaust I've heard. It removes all the "BASS" from the exhaust sound and replaces it with interesting mid-high notes. Exotic sounding is definitely the best way to describe it. Definitely less boomy down low compared to the Eisenmann but still screams at WOT.

I had this same setup on my E90 M3 and I really loved the way it sounds, I'll keep my Eisenmann Race just in case I want to go back to being a Hooligan. Can't wait to see how it pairs up with a carbon intake plenum.

Last edited by DanMpower; 10-27-2020 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 4
      10-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #81
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

How do you compare this to the SSF1 you sold me?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #82
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS

For the Obsessed Garage quick disconnects, make sure the inner gaskets are lined up right. One of mine was backwards and it started to leak. I turned it around and all is good now.
94jedi829.00
      10-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #83
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
How do you compare this to the SSF1 you sold me?
It is quieter compared to other setups I've had but with a very unique tone. It has sorta an S85 V10 tone to it around town, very hard to describe...

The SSF1 mated with test pipes definitely was louder.

The Corsa lasted a whole 12 hours on my car lol and was picked up by forum member UBERV8 today. Back to the Eisenmann Race.
Appreciate 2
//steve\\1074.00
UBERV8528.00
      10-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #84
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Awesome build bro, I have an aw zcp 6spd also. Very inspiring to start my own build thread. Just been lazy to get it going. But I have the ucp and love that thing just waiting to do the AS shifter. You local to socal lol
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      10-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #85
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
It is quieter compared to other setups I've had but with a very unique tone. It has sorta an S85 V10 tone to it around town, very hard to describe...

The SSF1 mated with test pipes definitely was louder.

The Corsa lasted a whole 12 hours on my car lol and was picked up by forum member UBERV8 today. Back to the Eisenmann Race.
LOL that must be a record.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      10-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #86
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
For the Obsessed Garage quick disconnects, make sure the inner gaskets are lined up right. One of mine was backwards and it started to leak. I turned it around and all is good now.
Haha, that's exactly what happened to me the first time I fired it up. I did the same thing to fix it, I wonder if I should send them an email to let them know.
Appreciate 1
lvevo75.50
      10-28-2020, 05:55 AM   #87
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Man exhausts for this car are a lot harder than I thought to get it just right. The Akra always look and sound clean but it's by far one of the most mild. The SS Race is pretty good I just hate that it doesn't really save much in the weight department. SS does have some of my favorite sound though too.

The real shame is that the MPE sound terrible, in my opinion, once you move away from stock X-pipe.
      10-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #88
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS

Quote:
Haha, that's exactly what happened to me the first time I fired it up. I did the same thing to fix it, I wonder if I should send them an email to let them know.
I always thought that being a premium supplier, they should include install tips/tricks on the website. Like this for example. We pay extra to not have the headache of experimenting with what works and what doesn't work.