BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

BPM

11-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #177
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatFittingLips View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
I know we're waiting on the DCT guy to do his tests, but any approximate ETA? I was planning to do subframe and diff bushings around the Christmas/New Years break and would've made sense to swap driveshaft at the same time.
You aren't waiting on me anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
I know we're waiting on the DCT guy to do his tests, but any approximate ETA? I was planning to do subframe and diff bushings around the Christmas/New Years break and would've made sense to swap driveshaft at the same time.
im in the first batch of DCT orders. it is shipping out this week. if micheal hasnt contacted you about it, it means you're a few weeks out still
Ah ok. Didn't realize the testing was done. Thanks for the info
Interlagos. Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Catless X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | MFactory CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 08:40 PM   #178
MPizza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3, 2015 X5 M-Sport

this is all very exciting!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #179
MFactory
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory
UPDATE

From the small/initial batch of the v3's we have shipped out so far to customers, most have reported no issues after install and their initial break-in.

However, after a period of ongoing testing, a couple have reported back to us that they are starting to experience small vibrations (not violent shaking of the car, but small vibrations that can be felt through the pedal) around the 90-110mph range, which usually minimises/goes away as they go faster. At higher speeds, it is not so noticeable

While our initial thoughts is to attribute this to the resonance frequency of the driveshaft of that particular vehicle (each vehicle will be slightly different), it does merit some more attention as we do not want to offer you a product that will violently shake your car and endanger your lives. We also went through this same procedure with both the v1 and v2's, so just wanted to give notice in advance of what you may (or may not) experience

The latest news from the tube supplier is that the 2nd batch of tubes should be in our hands within the coming 2 weeks and we can then start assembling/balancing the remainder of the driveshafts. So far we have shipped out around 20 driveshafts (MT and DCT) give or take a couple, which were all from the intial batch of tubes that we received back in Sep/Oct.

Bearing the above in mind though, I would kindly ask to be given just a little more time to make sure any issues are ironed out before we start shipping out the 2nd batch of driveshafts; managing the initial batch of driveshafts is a lot easier than over 200pcs from the 2nd batch should anything unforseen pop-up

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me
Appreciate 3
wyatth2148.50
rhyary901.50
MaximusB1160.50
      Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #180
MFactory
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory
UPDATE 2

Not wanting to start an online war of words in this sales thread (anything subsequently posted in this thread regarding this will be reported/deleted), so I'll keep this short and will not respond to any questions regarding this (unless you PM me in private)

Due to a breakdown of the relationship between the organiser of the 2nd group buy (Matt/Euro C o nnex/greatfittinglips), who was also the DCT tester, we have now cut all ties with this individual/organisation. We regret ever dealing with this individual and sincerely apologise for any inconveniences that have or may occur in future due to this. As a verified and long established company within the BMW community, MFactory will continue to provide the high level of pre and after sales support we are well known for. In the coming days, we are expecting a possible backlash/negative review of our company and products from this individual which are unfounded. Any and all issues found with our products we have always worked directly with the customer to resolve amicably (including all the examples that he will inevitably mention) and will not be subjected to childish games from this individual and will not fan the flames by responding to him. Please Note: The tone and wording used in correspondence via official channels (emails and support tickets) vastly differ from the more "personal tone/wording" used in personal WhatsApp chat, which is what he will inevitably try to use against me. Rest assured the tone I use when chatting in WhatsApp does not reflect in any way, shape or form the way that we would reply via official correspondence

Regardless whether you pre-ordered your driveshaft in the 1st group buy or the 2nd, we will continue to meet our commitment in providing you with the #1 carbon driveshaft on the market. Whether this takes 1 month or 1 year, 1 revision or several, we stand 100% committed to the products that we offer.

With that all said and done, if you still wish to remain part of the group buy(s), we will keep you updated on the status as usual (my original update above still applies). However, if you have any doubts (or are/will be swayed by the above said individual's forthcoming negative comments), we will be more than happy to refund your deposit to you in full. We are fully prepared for this as we do not use your deposits to fund other projects; they are kept aside in a separate account

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me

Last edited by MFactory; Yesterday at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 3
MaximusB1160.50
CTMike100.50
      Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #181
MPizza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3, 2015 X5 M-Sport

Don't sweat it, I know you stand by your product and am looking forward to getting the v3 CF driveshaft!
Appreciate 1
MFactory494.50