BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-24-2021, 05:08 AM   #23
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

ive had issues in the past with ECS, ordering something that showed in stock only to find out a week later it wasnt in stock and I was looking at a 3 week wait.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1812.00
      11-24-2021, 06:26 AM   #24
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
ECS is the only one that's given me issues for whatever reasons over the years, I use their site for part numbers cause it's the easiest to find on their website. Turner and FCS have been pretty solid for me.
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1812.00
      11-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #25
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

FCP all the way.

Parts guaranteed for LIFE... even consumables.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1812.00
      11-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #26
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
ive had issues in the past with ECS, ordering something that showed in stock only to find out a week later it wasnt in stock and I was looking at a 3 week wait.
Yeah that's the boat I've been in. Frustrating!
      11-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #27
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_s View Post
FCP all the way.

Parts guaranteed for LIFE... even consumables.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
Yeah I canceled my ECS order and I'm trying FCP now. Thanx for the reply.
      11-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #28
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

I've been waiting on an ECS order for over two months now.

Just one item though, everything else arrived in a timely manner, and they've been nothing but good to me otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #29
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
They have gone downhill in a big way. Davisca455 can attest
Thanks alot for triggering my Turner PTSD!!!

My customer service experience at Turner (ECS) was not what I would consider customer "service".

I had ordered some solid rear subframe bushings.
They sat on my order for a week before reacting.
I finally got my parts 2 weeks after placing the order.
Opened the box only to be greeted with used bushings.
No idea how that could happen?

When I called Turner to say "Ummm, what the fuck?" and ask them to ship some NEW bushings, like NOW, they wanted me to just purchase another set.
I sent them pics of the used parts and their solution was for me to simply start the whole process over again, then return the used ones.

I was all "So, you folks are going to be into my card for $550 plus 2X taxes and 2X shipping, and for this I get the pleasure of not having parts for a month?"

They argued "You only have to wait for one week, where are you getting a month from?"

Now I'm getting pissed and I reminded them "It took 2 weeks to get the used parts, why would I expect anything different. Plus you are ok with me paying shipping again, that's your fucking solution?"
Turner says "Well, that's our standard policy."

Now I'm starting to raise my voice "Is this a 'standard' situation, like you guys charge people full price for new parts and then ship them used parts? Isn't there some law against that?"

Turner gets frustrated with my logic and ask me "What do you want us to do?"
I say "Overnight me some NEW bushings, put a return label in the box and I'll ship the old ones back."
Turner didn't like that solution at all.
They hit me back with "That's not our policy, and how do we know you'll send the old ones back?"

So I remind them "Out of the two of us, my credibility shouldn't be the one being questioned."

I finally have just had it and tell them they are being assholes and have lost a customer for life.

They act all startled "I wish you didn't feel that way."
I'm all "Same here. You guys totally blew it, and you are taking ZERO responsibility."

I ask them "If I purchase a 2nd set, will Turner at least ship them overnight at Turner's expense?"
They finally agreed to that proposal.

I'd like to give them credit for finally agreeing to do the right thing, but why did it have to take a 35 minute phone call and all the negativity?

I will never purchase from ECS/Turner…EVER!
Attached Images

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 4
BOOF-M34451.50
Idfkman473.00
derbo3608.50
      11-24-2021, 06:57 PM   #30
Idfkman
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
FCP Euro for pretty much everything.

FCP Euro seems to be doing things really well overall. I had a few issues their service reps helped me with and once finished, I was asked to review my experience with them and asked to choose a reward for the reps of a coffee, lunch, or gift card. Compared to the story a while ago of ECS not treating their employees well... https://jalopnik.com/spying-on-emplo...g-a-1827474482

To be fair, I've ordered one thing from ECS in the last year and it arrived as expected.
Always thought the treat the customer service folks to a gift thing was a cool touch. Treating their employees right shows in the way their employees treat the customers.

Just today I ordered a coolant hose with overnight shipping so that I could get it by Friday after Thanksgiving. I failed to remember that I didn't have any BMW coolant for when the coolant inevitability leaked during the hose swap. I opened up a live chat session with the service team and was able to get the coolant added to my order within 5 mins and with no added shipping costs. This was at 4 pm this afternoon and the packages are already at FedEx in route to me to be delivered by Friday.

Also, if you click on the customer service agents page it shows their cars and various mods. Pretty cool.

I'll pay a bit more (at times) for parts to avoid the type of BS Davisca455 had to go through. Making a simple solution and admitting to the fuck up a 30+ min "conversation" is ridiculous. Sorry you had to deal with that.
BOOF-M34451.50
Davisca4552207.50
      11-26-2021, 10:03 AM   #31
Mog-10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

I have had several issues with ecs tuning. The most common thing is an item will sit for a week on the shelf before being shipped out and this was before covid. I was replacing the drive shaft after it had became a candy cane so i thought I would do a irp flex disk.

I had used the ecs tuning site to determine the one I needed for my car and ordered a IRPFD-110 it was listed as fitting my car. When it finally arrived I installed it along with a new drive shaft everything went together smooth. So I thought, I had some nvh but from what I read this was common. One day I was going down the free way and it started to vibrate horribly got it towed home. I had two broken bolts and one bent one (yes I used all new bolts and nuts) it had destroyed my output flange flex disk and drive shaft.

So as I was trying to figure out what caused this I had noticed the indexing points on the flex disk looked like they had been shifting side to side so I grabbed the stock flex disk and measured them to compare with the irp one and the irp one was smaller . I emailed irp and they said that this was not for my car contact who sold it to me.

I called ecs after sitting on hold for an hour I got the run around and was told someone would would be calling me. Waited a week no call. I called back Waited almost an hour on hold was told that the part was for my car. I had to argue with them about it and was told I would get a call. No call . I called several times and would have so sit on hold my call would get transferred around and end up to someone's voice mail. I did this for months.

So about a year later I came across the irp flex disk and grew angry later that day I got an email from ecs asking about feedback and so I responded with my story and how I will never buy from them again. About a week later I got an email with a phone number to call.

I explained my story and how the site had updated the part fitment but never bothered to make this right. She agreed to give me store credit on the flex disk and refund me the cost of the output flange as I had ordered it from ecs. My car was down for a month due to this and was my daily at the time.

I will never buy anything from them again.

Last edited by Mog-10; 11-26-2021 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552207.50
      11-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #32
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog-10 View Post
I have had several issues with ecs tuning. The most common thing is an item will sit for a week on the shelf before being shipped out and this was before covid. I was replacing the drive shaft after it had became a candy cane so i thought I would do a irp flex disk.

I had used the ecs tuning site to determine the one I needed for my car and ordered a IRPFD-110 it was listed as fitting my car. When it finally arrived I installed it along with a new drive shaft everything went together smooth. So I thought, I had some nvh but from what I read this was common. One day I was going down the free way and it started to vibrate horribly got it towed home. I had two broken bolts and one bent one (yes I used all new bolts and nuts) it had destroyed my output flange flex disk and drive shaft.

So as I was trying to figure out what caused this I had noticed the indexing points on the flex disk looked like they had been shifting side to side so I grabbed the stock flex disk and measured them to compare with the irp one and the irp one was smaller . I emailed irp and they said that this was not for my car contact who sold it to me.

I called ecs after sitting on hold for an hour I got the run around and was told someone would would be calling me. Waited a week no call. I called back Waited almost an hour on hold was told that the part was for my car. I had to argue with them about it and was told I would get a call. No call . I called several times and would have so sit on hold my call would get transferred around and end up to someone's voice mail. I did this for months.

So about a year later I came across the irp flex disk and grew angry later that day I got an email from ecs asking about feedback and so I responded with my story and how I will never buy from them again. About a week later I got an email with a phone number to call.

I explained my story and how the site had updated the part fitment but never bothered to make this right. She agreed to give me store credit on the flex disk and refund me the cost of the output flange as I had ordered it from ecs. My car was down for a month due to this and was my daily at the time.

I will never buy anything from them again.
That's shitty! Every vendor I use at work has an RMA process to correct their screwed up orders. ECS does not do RMA's, so I must send back the incorrect stuff to receive the correct stuff. Not my screw up so why should I wait another 3 weeks?
      11-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #33
m3fan143
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ((IBlue)

I had issues with FCP where i ordered a small part and it took a month before they shipped it, which they would not have if i had not emailed them about it. Weird.
ECS has always been ok, and yes, I get the shipping issue, and thats why I look at the "WILL SHIP" note on each item.

Turner MS has been ok as well. Granted I have not ordered any "Major " items that car needed to run.
I did order the 300V Motul from driftshop and that was an amazing turnaround. took 3 days and I got it right away.
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1812.00
      11-29-2021, 12:48 AM   #34
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3fan143 View Post
I had issues with FCP where i ordered a small part and it took a month before they shipped it, which they would not have if i had not emailed them about it. Weird.
ECS has always been ok, and yes, I get the shipping issue, and thats why I look at the "WILL SHIP" note on each item.

Turner MS has been ok as well. Granted I have not ordered any "Major " items that car needed to run.
I did order the 300V Motul from driftshop and that was an amazing turnaround. took 3 days and I got it right away.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered some stuff from FCP 5 days ago so we will see how it goes. ECS is on restriction for a while lol. I understand Covid employee issues but there has been too many little issues to continue for now.
      11-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #35
bstone801
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine e90 M3 slick stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing incorrect orders and or items taking 3 weeks despite the parts being listed as "in stock" at the time of order? Out of my last 4 orders the delivery times are ridiculous and my last order is not even the stuff I purchased. I really like the ease of their website but it's getting pretty frustrating spending over >$500 and getting things late as hell or the wrong stuff! Is FCP Euro any better? Is there another vendor in the US that is more on top of their orders out there?
ECS sucks and that is par for the course. Everything I order takes super long, in fact I am still waiting on a part from over 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1812.00
      11-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #36
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
My problem is ECS states something as in stock or available for immediate shipment and that doesn't mean it's on hand in their warehouse. Maybe it's in stock or available for drop shipment from the manufacturer but their vendor ERPs and ECS website evidently aren't synchronized for daily updates. So it can't be relied upon.
      11-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #37
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
My problem is ECS states something as in stock or available for immediate shipment and that doesn't mean it's on hand in their warehouse. Maybe it's in stock or available for drop shipment from the manufacturer but their vendor ERPs and ECS website evidently aren't synchronized for daily updates. So it can't be relied upon.
100% what I've experienced and this is why I get annoyed. It lists my purchased goods as "in stock" but like you said it still takes a month. Paying for expedited shipping is useless as I have to call back 3 days later to get refunded the shipment costs. It's just too much headache and it's a shame because their website is on point.