BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-15-2019, 03:15 AM   #89
maristgrad09
Major
Rep
Drives: Orange e92 m3 FBO+E85

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500RPM View Post
I'm interested in this train of thought as the guy from the new thread showed that big injectors, E85, and small pulley on a typical vortec supercharger kit can yield some great results with custom tuning. He got over 650WHP.

I wonder how meth and E85 play together?
Hey guys. The 676whp car is me and honestly I think meth
Makes me lose some power. I am getting a new fuel pump next week (fuek-it 525 which is a supplementary pump) so I'm going to get retuned on the dyno so I'll get some meth pulls for everyones benefit.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 09:43 AM   #90
1SloeEm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I just Diy’d this. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about installing it since there is really no information about this on the forum. I used around around 24 feet of hosing in total. I used the pictures longboarder posted and there pretty straight forward of how to route the hosing once your under there. The tank takes about 30 minutes to purge for the flow to become strong. First 10 minutes there will be no water flow. I wish I knew this since I went back underneath the car searching for a pinched hose or anything that could have disrupted the flow just to find out this out. The 5 gallon tank can be sourced on eBay. Overall easy install.
Appreciate 2
Bakerboy102.50
ToddinTN504.00
      12-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #91
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
You mean like I did? Not huge, but holds almost a gallon. About 10x the capacity of the ESS-provided unit. Also has a grate that keeps ice from blocking the drain outlet into the pump.
Have any install details for this?
Appreciate 1
ToddinTN504.00
      12-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #92
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

ESS Supercharger - 5 Gallon Water/Ice Tank Install

I have this exact setup, like this exact one I purchased from a forum member and never installed. Pm me an offer if you want it. I could ship it west coast for cheap. Has the pump, heater hose and fittings with it. Might be missing a few clips and/or odds and ends. I want it gone. Located in Sacramento.
      12-21-2021, 02:57 PM   #93
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I have this exact setup, like this exact one I purchased from a forum member and never installed. Pm me an offer if you want it. I could ship it west coast for cheap. Has the pump, heater hose and fittings with it. Might be missing a few clips and/or odds and ends. I want it gone. Located in Sacramento.
Trunk mount or under hood?
      12-23-2021, 05:13 AM   #94
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harrop E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SloeEm3 View Post
I just Diy’d this. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about installing it since there is really no information about this on the forum. I used around around 24 feet of hosing in total. I used the pictures longboarder posted and there pretty straight forward of how to route the hosing once your under there. The tank takes about 30 minutes to purge for the flow to become strong. First 10 minutes there will be no water flow. I wish I knew this since I went back underneath the car searching for a pinched hose or anything that could have disrupted the flow just to find out this out. The 5 gallon tank can be sourced on eBay. Overall easy install.
Which tank did you use?

I bought one myself but it suppose to be fuel tank, I don't see why it wouldn't work though
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 09:06 PM   #95
1SloeEm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerboy View Post
Which tank did you use?

I bought one myself but it suppose to be fuel tank, I don't see why it wouldn't work though
I used this one. Just look it up on eBay should be the first one. It should be the same thing. It just doesn’t have a drain valve or vent
RRC - 5 Gallon Water to Air Intercooler Aluminum Tank Ice Box - 1 1/4" NPT
Appreciate 1
Bakerboy102.50
      12-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #96
Lambro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Save yourself the hassle and just buy a killer chiller kit and you'll get IATs below ambient even in 100+ degree weather whenever you have your AC on
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 10:09 AM   #97
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsEpic View Post
Save yourself the hassle and just buy a killer chiller kit and you'll get IATs below ambient even in 100+ degree weather whenever you have your AC on
Please show us your killer chillar install.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #98
Lambro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Yeah I had a thread about it here that I was going to show the install process as well. I have the pictures etc I just been been busy this summer since I got a twin turbo Gallardo. Now that I'm over that and winter is here I'll put together finishing the how to etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #99
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsEpic View Post
Yeah I had a thread about it here that I was going to show the install process as well. I have the pictures etc I just been been busy this summer since I got a twin turbo Gallardo. Now that I'm over that and winter is here I'll put together finishing the how to etc.
Look forward to seeing this

I am doing a bigger tank and a chiller, haven't got round to it yet though
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:41 AM   #100
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I have received a number of PM's regarding the 5 gallon water/ice tank that I purchased from Powerhaus Performance (member M33too) and installed by MRF Engineering.

The water tank enhances the existing 1 gallon system utilized by the ESS VT2 Supercharger system, which is generally efficient in normal driving but in harsh conditions (airstrip, drag strip, etc) and particularly when idling waiting to race, instead of the water circulating within the engine bay, the 5 gallon system circulates out of the engine bay under the car and into a small trunk-mounted tank. This generally keeps the water and therefore IAT's much cooler. The tank also has a large opening so ice can be added before a race to actually create IATs below ambient. Many of you saw my recent NoFlyZone Arizona airstrip event where I put a beat down on some cars that should have beat me or at least stayed close in 100 degree heat and high density altitude where supercharged cars usually suffer greatly. This kit does not add any power, but allows you to retain a lot more of your power that would have otherwise been lost from higher IATs. I did extensive dyno testing a few weeks ago at EAS by doing multiple-successive pulls with all the fans off in an attempt to heat up the water dramatically (and of course IATs) and so we know at what water temp timing begins to be pulled. Then we dropped in a bag of ice and voila...full power was restored.

I want to mention that the water tank install is not easy and it is not a DIY. It requires knowledge of the existing air to water intercooler system used by ESS and also requires working knowledge and prior experience installing water tanks and requires a lift and requires you to cut up pieces of the trunk of your beloved M3 so it's not for everyone.

I have attached some pictures of the install. I want to mention that the water flow is very strong with the existing pump supplied by ESS so there is absolutely no need for a secondary bilge-type pump in the tank. If you install it correctly, the water flow is very strong.

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Do you have some photos you can share of the engine bay pipe routing for the tank?

I've just finished rebuilding my lsd and the tank and routing is next.

Trying to work out out best way to keep it away from exhaust manifold heat

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6725.50
      04-21-2022, 11:26 AM   #101
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I have received a number of PM's regarding the 5 gallon water/ice tank that I purchased from Powerhaus Performance (member M33too) and installed by MRF Engineering.

The water tank enhances the existing 1 gallon system utilized by the ESS VT2 Supercharger system, which is generally efficient in normal driving but in harsh conditions (airstrip, drag strip, etc) and particularly when idling waiting to race, instead of the water circulating within the engine bay, the 5 gallon system circulates out of the engine bay under the car and into a small trunk-mounted tank. This generally keeps the water and therefore IAT's much cooler. The tank also has a large opening so ice can be added before a race to actually create IATs below ambient. Many of you saw my recent NoFlyZone Arizona airstrip event where I put a beat down on some cars that should have beat me or at least stayed close in 100 degree heat and high density altitude where supercharged cars usually suffer greatly. This kit does not add any power, but allows you to retain a lot more of your power that would have otherwise been lost from higher IATs. I did extensive dyno testing a few weeks ago at EAS by doing multiple-successive pulls with all the fans off in an attempt to heat up the water dramatically (and of course IATs) and so we know at what water temp timing begins to be pulled. Then we dropped in a bag of ice and voila...full power was restored.

I want to mention that the water tank install is not easy and it is not a DIY. It requires knowledge of the existing air to water intercooler system used by ESS and also requires working knowledge and prior experience installing water tanks and requires a lift and requires you to cut up pieces of the trunk of your beloved M3 so it's not for everyone.

I have attached some pictures of the install. I want to mention that the water flow is very strong with the existing pump supplied by ESS so there is absolutely no need for a secondary bilge-type pump in the tank. If you install it correctly, the water flow is very strong.

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Do you have some photos you can share of the engine bay pipe routing for the tank?

Thanks in advance
I should have taken pics of that area. Sorry car was parted out and sold back in 2016. It was the most effective mod for keeping all the power on tap in hot conditions.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #102
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Thanks in advance
I should have taken pics of that area. Sorry car was parted out and sold back in 2016. It was the most effective mod for keeping all the power on tap in hot conditions.
Ok no problem mate thanks, I think I got a good route for them now.

Did you find it took longer to cool after with extra capacity?

I use my car for trackdays and thought this might be the best route.

I still have the interchiller which i might sell, as I'm needing to keep the heat exchanger (9/10 people delete it) and the only way I can see it working with exchanger is cutting the front crash bar which I'm not keen on. Or I could put the chiller in back however all the extra plumbing and the loss of efficiency being further from the condenser makes it not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 04:35 PM   #103
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Thanks in advance

I still have the interchiller which i might sell, as I'm needing to keep the heat exchanger (9/10 people delete it) and the only way I can see it working with exchanger is cutting the front crash bar which I'm not keen on. Or I could put the chiller in back however all the extra plumbing and the loss of efficiency being further from the condenser makes it not worth it.
The killer chiller is an awesome idea for drag/airstrip car since you tend to be at idle for a while before racing and that will cool down the water temps for a very short burst of speed. Removing the crash bar is a deal breaker for most.

For the track or street driving the water tank is amazing at keeping IATs way down. Only problem is adding 4 more gallons is another 30 pounds of weight. But it would be a lot more effective at the track in a 20 minute session than the interchiller which wouldnt be able to keep up with the heat generated from tracking.

Look forward to hearing how it goes with the water tank. Good luck.
a couple others
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:27 PM   #104
Compman
Boosty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 RB 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Thanks in advance

I am also getting ready to install a trunk ice tank. Any tips for install?
      04-22-2022, 05:42 PM   #105
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I'm looking at a 5 gal ice/water tank in the trunk for my Harrop system. I'm not sure what the specs on the pump are for the Harrop kit, wondering what others have used for a pump?
      04-23-2022, 12:58 PM   #106
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pics:
Hello longboarder

Thanks in advance

I am also getting ready to install a trunk ice tank. Any tips for install?
I'm in uk (rhd) running Harrop

I've routed hoses to left hand bank as your facing from front at the back there's a good sized gap that allows pipes to to pass without going close to exhaust headers.

I'm currently running hoses along tranny tunnel and will be routing into back via one of the oem grommets at the front of the boot floor and drilling another. The hoses will then lead to back seat area where tank is being mounted to my diy seat delete panel.

I opted not to go through the flap panelling beside battery as I'm not running tank in boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #107
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYQM View Post
I'm looking at a 5 gal ice/water tank in the trunk for my Harrop system. I'm not sure what the specs on the pump are for the Harrop kit, wondering what others have used for a pump?
It's a generic Bosch pump that used across lots of oem supercharged vehicles, I would imagine the same ess?

I'm going to run stock pump to start with and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #108
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's a generic Bosch pump that used across lots of oem supercharged vehicles, I would imagine the same ess?

Is your plan to keep the pump in the "stock" location?
Bakerboy102.50
      04-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #109
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes that's right as long as I can bleed it Ok
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #110
Compman
Boosty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 RB 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes that's right as long as I can bleed it Ok
Any updates on the build ?

What tank did you go with?

Are you keeping the same heat exchanger or upgrading that too