BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

02-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

2 New Swissvax Waxes: Blau Weiss (for BMW's) and Glacier

Swissvax Official Press Release:

Each time we bring out a marque specific wax we have to expect positive and critical reactions. That's normal and understandable. The main question will always be: Is it just a marketing hype or is there really a benefit in choosing these waxes? The question arose 9 years ago when we launched "Zuffenhausen" for modern Porsche cars (meanwhile this wax has become a benchmark for treatments on Porsche paints and nobody questions its credentials anymore) or "Nitro" for nitrocellulose paints.

Contrary to other manufacturers, Swissvax's marque specific waxes do not cost significantly more than their serial counterparts (Zuffenhausen CHF 149 versus Saphir CHF 146, a difference of less than £2 ... due to smaller label printing badges etc.). An indication Swissvax has no intentions to "milk" customers.

Our serial waxes ONYX (standard wax with 30% Carnauba by vol.), SAPHIR and SHIELD (Premium waxes with 40% Carnauba by vol.) have to be effective on all automotive paints; they must perform on Japanese paint systems as good as on modern "nano paints" (Ceramicoat by Mercedes-Benz), high definition metallics and micatallics (VW Golf V, Audi A6 etc.) or old thermo acrylics used in the 60's and 70's etc. In other words they are always a compromise as they must do the splits for all paint systems.

A marque specific wax has only to match the needs of the paint system(s) this marque uses. This enables us to "tune" the wax formulation to these paints only. The advantage will be a highly improved longevity and sometimes also a solution for typical paint problems of this marque - the shine between serial and marque specific waxes, however, are virtually the same.

Blau Weiss: These waxes last longer on BMW cars than our serial Saphir wax (imporoved longevity). Furthermore, "cures" the highly scratch sensitive finish of X3's new paints (black, black metallic etc. on X3) in the showroom (solution for typical paint problems).

Glacier: These waxes are for white cars (and for white cars only!). They feature a highly dirt-repellent formulation and fight those ugly black runs after a rain on the paint. And most importantly, those black runs do not eat into the paint anymore. Optical brighteners (similar as in Quick Finish) help to make a white look real shiny.

By the way, for us it is not so much of importance WHO supplies the paint system, it is much more important HOW it was applied. (e.g. PPG paint used on Aston Martin DB7's out of Blocksum production was horribly scratch sensitive, PPG paint used on Lamborghini or Spyker is not ...).

Last edited by Detailers Domain; 03-02-2009 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

This one is HUGE boys and girls!

Never Before Swissvax Promotion!

Upto 20% off!

Here is the scoop we marked down prices 10% off on the site. Add your forum code and get additional savings up to 20% off in some cases.

Click here to stock up on Swissvax

As well the shipping promotion applies.

$8.88 Flat Shipping on orders up to $149.95!
Free shipping on orders over $149.95!

(Shipping promo for the Lower 48 US)

Starts now
Ends Oct 31, 2010!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Crazy sell Phil and gang. I got the email b/c of having an account of DB - this is the first time I've ever seen you have SV on sale!

Still waiting for SV to come out with panel pots or to sponsor us b/c I'd really love to try some of their top-tier waxes
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
Cloud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT

is the cleaner fluid necessary?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
is the cleaner fluid necessary?
Not necessary but I did notice a significant difference when using it prior to apply the wax.
      10-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #6
Cloud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT

I think i'll notice a significant loss of value of my wallet after buying that cleaner fluid as well lol.
Oh well there's no free lunch。
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #7
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Not necessary but I did notice a significant difference when using it prior to apply the wax.
Does the cleaner do anything a clay or polish doesn't?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

if your not going to do a full polish on your car I would suggest the Cleaner Fluid so it would look like this.

wash - clay - cleaner fluid - wax.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Does the cleaner do anything a clay or polish doesn't?
It seems almost like a glaze but I've heard some people say it does have abrasive properties. After applying it, you can see that there a layer of something there that's been left behind. It almost has an oily look to it.
      10-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

it definitely has abrasives in it but nothing that can harm your car I would say its as fine as PO85RD or more fine. Definitely some oils in it.
Appreciate 0