BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

03-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Fox Red + Sycamore Anthracite...Pics?

With some of the recent pics of the vert w/SA...I am second guessing my choice of SA with FR. My thought was the SA was more gray or close to black...should probably never believe the configurator and brochure sample pics. Does anyone have a good shot of the SA+FR interior? I have not seen any FR+SA pics in the various strings.

If it looks horrible, my plan is to paint in piano black or space gray (ext. color)...or get real CF replacement trim. SA+FR pics would be great if anyone has them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
With some of the recent pics of the vert w/SA...I am second guessing my choice of SA with FR. My thought was the SA was more gray or close to black...should probably never believe the configurator and brochure sample pics. Does anyone have a good shot of the SA+FR interior? I have not seen any FR+SA pics in the various strings.

If it looks horrible, my plan is to paint in piano black or space gray (ext. color)...or get real CF replacement trim. SA+FR pics would be great if anyone has them.
From the photos in this thread - http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=115706&page=2 - it is very brown. Not feelin' it with Fox.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

^ you and me both...now status 150. I guess I shall see how it all plays out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)

Wood in an M3 is like tits on a bull. I like your paint plan.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Wood in an M3 is like tits on a bull. I like your paint plan.
sycamore "brown" tits no less....ughh! what does a quart of BMW metallic paint cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep

Is your fox red extended? If so I'd do piano black personally. I had an 01 M3 with this trim. You've got enough going on in the interior with fox red and black I'm not sure I'd introduce space gray.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Is your fox red extended? If so I'd do piano black personally. I had an 01 M3 with this trim. You've got enough going on in the interior with fox red and black I'm not sure I'd introduce space gray.
Not extended but, I had the same thought. I think the FR and aluminum is too much and space gray might not be that different.

Thinking about flying to Munich and interupting production...inserting carbon leather on my own.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not extended but, I had the same thought. I think the FR and aluminum is too much and space gray might not be that different.

Thinking about flying to Munich and interupting production...inserting carbon leather on my own.
That's the combo I'm ordering. The CF leather is subtle but distinctive. I think Piano Black would achieve the same effect. Mine had metallic flecks in it, its not a pure black. Another option is mimicking titan shadow.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #9
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

since you not going to get extended it'll look better then if you were since its not going to be so busy with 3 color changes of black dash, SA, then FR, it'll only be Blk top, SA, Blk bottom, don't kick yourself in the arse wait and see when you get it and if you really can't stand it then change it out.

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
since you not going to get extended it'll look better then if you were since its not going to be so busy with 3 color changes of black dash, SA, then FR, it'll only be Blk top, SA, Blk bottom, don't kick yourself in the arse wait and see when you get it and if you really can't stand it then change it out.
Good point. Since I have not seen either FR or SA in person, there is an ever so small chance that with the brown-ish tone of the FR and the brown-ish tone of the SA...it might work. Always changable if not. In the end, it will not affect the driving dynamics and that's the larger point. I doubt I will be focusing on the trim on the occassional track day.

Again: FR + SA PICS WOULD BE GREAT IF ANYONE HAS THEM.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:22 AM   #11
gasman
Rep
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3

Quote:
Again: FR + SA PICS WOULD BE GREAT IF ANYONE HAS THEM.
Not that this really helps you but my car finishes production today. I'll have pics in about 4 weeks.
      03-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Not that this really helps you but my car finishes production today. I'll have pics in about 4 weeks.
Me too! Production finishes this week (not sure of day), can both either be happy with or hate FR+SA. Thanks anyway, enjoy it when it arrives!
Appreciate 0