BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
red light camera in Los Angeles

Guys,

I need some advice from you guys who live in LA. I'm currently on vacation here in a rental car and yesterday, a red light camera flashed at me while I was making a right turn. I was completelu stopped for a good 5 seconds when it was red and after that, I inched out to look for incoming traffic and went. There were no signs saying that you can't turn on red so I'm not sure why it did that.

The turn I made was a bit wide so maybe that's why it triggered the camera.

Since this was in a rental car, I'm sure the agency is going to put this on my credit card. Does anyone know how the cameras in LA work? I'm hoping that they're video tapped so that when someone reviews it, they see that I was completely stopped on the red.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

The City of Los Angeles stopped issuing red light camera tickets on July 31, and at that time, an estimated 65,000 tickets were unpaid. Currently, notes the Times, it's not clear how many tickets remain unpaid.

http://laist.com/2012/03/29/its_offi...tchase_dri.php

S/O to Toronto!
Appreciate 0