BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Slay View Post
Ended up staying in NY..My company wanted to keep me here to dominate the NY market.
Can ya hire me? I'm looking for another job.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz View Post
the lemon law takes time get ready to wait
2 months from start to finish with a lemon law attorney and a solid case, been there done that, on more than one occasion unfortunately.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue E90 M3 [sold]

It depends on what you want it for, I guess. I think Cayennes are pointless--Porsche and SUV should never be uttered in the same phrase--doh, what did I just say?

The Jag is a beast. The torque on that thing is insane! It looks great except the radio, which they must have pulled out of a Ford Taurus or maybe some $5,000 Tata car. Although Porsche stereos don't look much better. The transmission is nice, but it's still an automatic. If you want to carry people around in style and comfort, that would be my choice anyway.

The E90, which is what I'm getting delivered in a couple of days, is just a great all-around car. It's much sportier than the Jag, but it still seats four adults comfortably. If you like to do a lot of fast driving on back roads or want to go to the track, it's the only one of the cars you've mentioned that excels at those things and can still carry passengers. As for the DCT, some people have had some issues with it, but most people are very happy with it. All of the people I have talked to who have driven it say it is a great transmission, and having test driven both the 6MT and DCT, I agree.

The Carrera S is great GT, but I'd go for a Cayman S with PDK if I was looking for a pure two-seat sports car.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #26
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I only mentioned the Cayenne cuz, well sh*t...the GTS is a bad azz truck and I have an IS350 as a daily driver. The M3, I like..but they are popping up everywhere...My C63 was a good car..I pounded the crap out of it..Slammed on KwV3's and HRE's. The Carerra, only because they are giving it away for 85k and it's fully loaded with PDK.

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
14' Audi RS7 / NARDO GREY / ADV1
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #27
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Slay View Post
Vic, since day 1...there has been various fault codes with "purge valve" errors...6x and been in there more than 30 days..just gonna dump it..What do you suggest? I see you on 6speed and l4p all the time.
It depends on your needs and whats in your stable. I would never get a GT-R as a daily driver but I have the 997TT, M6 (soon to be gone), and the IS-F (Better Half's). If this is your only car then a used 997TT would be a tremendous replacement as mentioned earlier. Also a used CLK BS that was suggested could be interesting. Maybe an M6- its a 8/10ths or better car to enjoy it but it has been a pretty good DD for me. The engine sings and the prices have come down or you can lease one for a reasonable payment.

The Cayenne GTS is a good SUV but I feel you will be missing some power that you had with the C63 plus it wont handle like that car or the 335i you had.

The 997s is always a great choice too new... an amazing canyon carver and with DCT, its quite the dig beast. You could retain some money and grab the M3 coupe. I think this is my eventual route. Some may say Im downgrading from an M6 but I dont see it at all. I just get a sportier handler instead of a GT cruiser. The new nav in the 09's is much improved IMHO over the old I-Drive one too plus DCT rocks. I love in the GT-R!! I just love BMW brake and steering feel too.

Now the XFR is a bit intriguing with direct injection and the roots blower- it actually performs quite well but I have to wonder about Jag reliability and price point for the product seems a bit steep.

What about a CTS-V? Not my cup of tea but to each their own... its a 120mph trapper with a few mods and with heavy investment its even faster plus its relatively lightly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Yeah still waiting to hear the whole story...

BTW Vic, quite a bunch of cars you have there:
2009 Nissan GT-R 2007, Porsche 997TT, 2007 BMW M6, and a 2009 Lexus IS-F
Thanks, I was a coupe freak until I got the IS-F. Im planning to drop the M6 and get something more tossable and sporty; maybe an M3??
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #28
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
fudge it, get a GTR... there you go. that will satisfy your ego
Appreciate 0