BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

05-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Review: SpeedFreak Detailing of my M5

If you don't read anything else, just know that Brian (SpeedFreak) is a great guy who went out of his way, and did a fantastic job detailing my car.

I've been trying to link up with Brian for quite some time and our schedules never synced. I contacted him recently as I wanted to get my car detailed for the upcoming Philly Cheese Steak run this Saturday. Between my car having to go to service because of a transmission fault and him juggling his schedule to fit me in, we finally managed to meet up. He went out of his way to leave his usual shop where he works out of, throw his detailing equipment in his SUV, and meet me. He arrived around 6pm and worked until just past 10pm at night. It even rained, but fortunately he was able to put my car in the garage and continue his work despite the dim lighting and crowded space.

Despite being late in the evening, he tirelessly worked on my car with great attention to detail, cleaned the engine compartment, cleaned the rims, clay bar'd, detailed, and waxed my car. True customer service.

Due to the rain, and dim lighting in the garage, I wasn't able to snap before and after pictures. Just believe me when I say that my car was filthy and full of grime. After Brian was finished, car was good as knew, as if it were fresh off the show room floor.

His email address if you're interested in contacting him:

Brlewis81@gmail.com

Here are some pictures (iphone), and I'll post more tomorrow when there is better lighting and hopefully no rain.
Attached Images

Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
cshawkeye
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Looks like some nice work there. Might have to tell my wife to have him do both our cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

I agree, Brian does awesome work - he details all of my cars
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
SpeedFreak
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Rep
Drives: '88 Porsche 951

David,

Thanks for the insanely kind words, your input is appreciated! David and I have actually been trying to get this done off and on since last August! Thankfully we both were able to nail something down.

Thanks again for havin' me over last night, great to meet you finally! Have fun at the cheese steak run, wish I could go.....I'll be at a wedding. doh!

Brian

photo (87) by SpeedFreak81, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
more pics

pardon the finger in the lens
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

Damn looks great I have been meaning to do this just never anytime
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
socrates42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Sedan / 04 WRX

how much?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #9
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates42
how much?
I chose his Basic Detail and Engine wash for a total of $260. Since he came to my place (not the norm and was a special request), I paid him an extra $30 for his gas.

Here is a list of his offerings from the email he sent me:

Quote:
Basic Wash includes wash of the vehicle, wheel wells, wheels and tires, detail spray on the body and dressing of the tires. I charge$75 for cars & $100 for trucks/SUVs for this service.

The Basic Detail entails a thorough wash of the exterior/wheels/wheel wells/clay bar decontaminant of paint and glass followed by a coat of sealant to protect the paint. I also treat the rims with a good sealant to repel brake dust. Tires are dressed as well. Basic charge for this service is $185 for cars and $225 for trucks/SUVs and normally takes 3-4 hours because I like to take my time to ensure everything is done thoroughly.

Single Stage paint correction is $350 for cars and $450 for trucks/SUVs. Paint correction process is as follows:
Wash with dawn to remove wax and other pre-existing protectants, then I'll clay the entire car to remove iron contaminents, brake dust, overspray, and industrial fallout. After the clay is complete I'll rewash the car to remove any remaining residue. When the wash is complete I'll tape off all molding and trim as well as seals to protect them from polish. At this point the polishing begins. Normally I'll do a few test areas to see what combo of polish/pad works the best for your individual vehicle, and then begin from there. After the polishing stage is complete I'll rinse the car to remove any dusting leftover from the compounding process, then apply a sealant to lock in the work and protect the paint. A single stage correction will remove 50-65% of paint defects, and is completely dependant upon the individual condition of the vehicle.

Multi Stage Correction starts at $475 for cars and $600 for trucks/SUVs and gets the same prep work as the single stage, but I'll start with the aggressive compound, then step down to a less aggressive pad and polish combo. That will finish down down nicer, remove any holograms or buffer trails left by the aggressive cut, and really bring out the gloss that will leave a show car finish. The starting price will get you 8-10 hours which is normally what I will put into one day. Because of the nature of multi stage corrections, and the prep work involved, most jobs will require more than one day so please take that into consideration. Details like this are very time consuming but are definitely worth it if you're looking for the best possible care for your car.

Opti-Coat paint protection is an ultra hard, clear drying coating that can be applied after a full correction is complete. This coating is like armor for your vehicle, and is extremely resistant to heat, UV rays, bird droppings, acid rain, and most importantly the common wash induced swirl marks. As a preventive measure, a full correction must be performed prior to the coating's application, otherwise any imperfections in the paint will be locked under the coating. The coating must be left to cure for at least 12 hours before any washing or exposure to water. After the coating has dried, it is maintenance free and will yield up to three years of protection. Price for the application of Opti-Coat is $550 for cars and $650 for SUVs/trucks

Headlight Restoration

Through a triple stage wet sanding/polising process I can transform your old, cloudy headlights into as new condition. A great safety and appearance mod! Priced per pair at $90.

I also do a full engine detail/degrease/protect for $75 as well as full interior detail for $125 for cars, and $175 for SUVs.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 06-07-2012 at 05:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: i3, 335i GT, e46 M3 vert SC

Brian is a friend and one of the best detailer I know ... you can rest assure with your vehicle in his capable hands!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
SpeedFreak
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Rep
Drives: '88 Porsche 951

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
Brian is a friend and one of the best detailer I know ... you can rest assure with your vehicle in his capable hands!
JF, thanks man! How ya been? We need to get together and cruise soon....tho my Porsche might be down for a while....LONG story.

Saw you picked up a C63, I need to see this. Hit me up man lets get together!

Brian

photo (87) by SpeedFreak81, on Flickr
Appreciate 0