BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

EXXEL Distributions

07-09-2017, 02:37 AM   #1
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

How to get BMW TIS (service manuals) for free

UPDATE: Sorry guys most of this thread is dead. Links no work and I instead obtained ISTA (Rheingold). I recommend you google online and find it on your own as the websites that host it regularly get taken down.

Hey just to update this post, it's been a long time but this TIS I think is the older version.

If you want the new version I think the only place left is Bimmergeeks and download the Rheingold package. https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

I gotten my new ISTA via a forum post on the F30 forums but it was odly taken down but IIRC that was like 2 years ago.

So I made a post showing off https://www.newtis.info/ and I figured I would make one where you can get BMW TIS on DVD so if the website ever gets taken down you will all have a copy. Note though taht the DVD .ISO doesn't contain everything there is on the website. It's the 2008 version and lists the M3 S65 years of 2006 (?) 2007 and 2008. Mostly everything is in it compared to https://www.newtis.info/ . Oddly enough, the oil change procedure isn't in the DVD but trust me it's still a goldmine! You can compare the 2 to see what's missing I haven't had a chance to check yet. I'll be around a long time and will always keep the ISO safe so if the link ever gets taken down I will try my best to re-upload it.

Here is the link to the online source

Here is the link to the TIS iso file. (Mirror 1)

I made a short video demonstrating install and a text write up. If you have any questions ask them and I will be glad to answer.

Firstly, you need a 32 bit install of Windows XP. I personally have it running on a 32 bit install of Windows XP on a virtual machine. I think you can run it of Windows 7 but not sure. 95 would surely work to. Has to be 32 bit. You also need a ISO mounting software if the OS doesn't have it natively. I use PowerISO, it's free and simple.

Video demonstrating me installing the software

Text instructions

Ok now that you have your Windows installed, you need to mount the iso. I use Power ISO to mount it since Win XP doesn't have a native solution to do so.

After it's mounted, it will act just like a CD in your windows explorer, navigate into it and go to "\WIN95\BMW\TIS" and run "SETUP.EXE" . This should install "Sysadm". Say yes when it prompts you to put a shortcut on your desktop to make things simple.

After "Sysadm" is installed, there should be a shortcut on your desktop, open it and then go into the "TIS" tab and choose "install". It should now install TIS. When it prompts you to select "CD" or "Hard Disk" select the latter.

Now you're ready to use TIS

I'm sure some of you might know things I didn't mention, let me know and I'll add to the thread!

Last edited by TheMidnightNarwhal; 04-18-2023 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 12
nah dude237.00
msan402.50
KawBoy154.50
L4ces337.00
M3MPH1S592.00
AnotherM3224.50
Timujin351.50
      07-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Nice Midnight!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Nice Midnight!
Thanks!

This is something that should be widely available to everyone for free, or at least, not 30$ per day...
Appreciate 3
KawBoy154.50
L4ces337.00
Rajmun340413.00
      08-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Thanks so much for this amazing resource!! The web page works well. However, after trying multiple times to download the file there seems to be a problem (for me at least) with the file host. Is there anywhere else you can upload the file other than Mega?

In any case thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasano18 View Post
Thanks so much for this amazing resource!! The web page works well. However, after trying multiple times to download the file there seems to be a problem (for me at least) with the file host. Is there anywhere else you can upload the file other than Mega?

In any case thanks again.
I've edited the OT to include a Mirror. Try that one and see if it works.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Both work now. The problem with mega was that the file size was too large for a free download. I payed the 5 bucks for a month membership. Having this file backed up is well worth it.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasano18 View Post
Both work now. The problem with mega was that the file size was too large for a free download. I payed the 5 bucks for a month membership. Having this file backed up is well worth it.

Thank you.
Oh? That's odd. You should be able to DL from Mega for free.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #8
wildwildwes17
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Woah this is awesome! thank you!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #9
wildwildwes17
Rep

This is awesome. They have a complete list of all the diagnosis of fault codes and what they mean. Ive seen many people asking about what the fault code is and how can they tell. Click your model car, then >Repair manuals and technical data>go to Instruments (number 62 for 2008 m3)> scroll to the bottom and click diagnosis.

For me I get probably 20 pages of nothing but numbers and what system they are related to. This page tells you everything you need for quick troubleshooting a fault code. This would be useful for so many people. Thanks theMidnightNarwhal, your post is front page material.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2017, 01:54 AM   #10
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwildwes17 View Post
This is awesome. They have a complete list of all the diagnosis of fault codes and what they mean. Ive seen many people asking about what the fault code is and how can they tell. Click your model car, then >Repair manuals and technical data>go to Instruments (number 62 for 2008 m3)> scroll to the bottom and click diagnosis.

For me I get probably 20 pages of nothing but numbers and what system they are related to. This page tells you everything you need for quick troubleshooting a fault code. This would be useful for so many people. Thanks theMidnightNarwhal, your post is front page material.
Thanks man! I knew this was gold when I first started learning about TIS. Then just a couple hours of search, was able to find the actual .ISO and the new website.

Would be nice if this can be stickied, I think it should. I should probably post this to the other DIYs of the other models forum.

Last edited by TheMidnightNarwhal; 09-01-2017 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #11
davidvan05
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwildwes17 View Post

https://screenshots.firefox.com/0YMB...ww.newtis.info

I'm having trouble finding the fault code section. Do you mind pointing me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvan05 View Post
https://screenshots.firefox.com/0YMB...ww.newtis.info

I'm having trouble finding the fault code section. Do you mind pointing me in the right direction?
He skipped a "tier"

after >Instruments, click >Instrument cluster then scroll down to the bottom

Under "Notes for service staff" you will see "•Diagnosis: [more...]"

That will bring you to this page: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...uments/1w3E2nn

-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #13
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
So I made a post showing off https://www.newtis.info/ and I figured I would make one where you can get BMW TIS on DVD so if the website ever gets taken down you will all have a copy. Note though taht the DVD .ISO doesn't contain everything there is on the website. It's the 2008 version an
I'm sure some of you might know things I didn't mention, let me know and I'll add to the thread!
I tried for about one and a half hour, i give up now. Your PowerISO is free but it's also tied to parasite Add ons spyware/dirtware that are required to continue with the install. Usually you can unselect shit like that but not in that install. I tried two other ISO mount free ware that came clean one of them is the official ISO mount from microsoft, I was able to get all the way to the last step where you click"install" in the Sysadm but it gave an error that the data could not be found. I assume it's a problem with the ISO mount. The microsoft tool fared even worse the Setup in BMW95 failed to do anything. Anyway waste of time, I guess you must have downloaded that powerISO tool before they bundled it with obligatory spyware. F%^& that.
I was running virtual machine.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 11-18-2017 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #14
///My5UV
Lurker
Rep
Drives: YMB F80, SS E90

I used XP mode which has a built-in mechanism to mount the ISO as a DVD drive. Worked perfectly, better than trying to use VirtualCloneDrive like I normally do, probably because VCD makes mounts look like network drives.
      07-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #15
Busbyeie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D E90 2006

Garage List
2006 E90 320D  [0.00]
Thanks for supplying this
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 02:21 AM   #16
ApriliaMille
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
So I made a post showing off https://www.newtis.info/ and I figured I would make one where you can get BMW TIS on DVD so if the website ever gets taken down you will all have a copy. Note though taht the DVD .ISO doesn't contain everything there is on the website. It's the 2008 version and lists the M3 S65 years of 2006 (?) 2007 and 2008. Mostly everything is in it compared to https://www.newtis.info/ . Oddly enough, the oil change procedure isn't in the DVD but trust me it's still a goldmine! You can compare the 2 to see what's missing I haven't had a chance to check yet. I'll be around a long time and will always keep the ISO safe so if the link ever gets taken down I will try my best to re-upload it.

Here is the link to the online source

Here is the link to the TIS iso file. (Mirror 1)

I made a short video demonstrating install and a text write up. If you have any questions ask them and I will be glad to answer.

Firstly, you need a 32 bit install of Windows XP. I personally have it running on a 32 bit install of Windows XP on a virtual machine. I think you can run it of Windows 7 but not sure. 95 would surely work to. Has to be 32 bit. You also need a ISO mounting software if the OS doesn't have it natively. I use PowerISO, it's free and simple.

Video demonstrating me installing the software

Text instructions

Ok now that you have your Windows installed, you need to mount the iso. I use Power ISO to mount it since Win XP doesn't have a native solution to do so.

After it's mounted, it will act just like a CD in your windows explorer, navigate into it and go to "\WIN95\BMW\TIS" and run "SETUP.EXE" . This should install "Sysadm". Say yes when it prompts you to put a shortcut on your desktop to make things simple.

After "Sysadm" is installed, there should be a shortcut on your desktop, open it and then go into the "TIS" tab and choose "install". It should now install TIS. When it prompts you to select "CD" or "Hard Disk" select the latter.

Now you're ready to use TIS

Hey there, Midnight
I see the newits.info has been taken down by BMW.
Do you still have a link to the ISO you mentioned in your post?
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:14 AM   #17
XuLeTZ
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F31 M Sport

I`m also interested in the ISO file please
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:36 AM   #18
ImmBoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: E87 E90

The mirror 1 link looks to work good- just downloading.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 05:28 AM   #19
barnabro
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 330ci

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaMille View Post
Hey there, Midnight
I see the newits.info has been taken down by BMW.
Do you still have a link to the ISO you mentioned in your post?
Cheers
The (Mirror 1) link in the original post appears to be working for now.

BMW are expecting private individuals to fork out $2500 a year for access to torque specs and repair instructions, pretty disgusting if you ask me.

As long as this ISO remains in circulation we won't be backing down from this fight. TheMidnightNarwhal you are an absolute trooper.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #20
relative4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90 MT stage 1+

Has anyone gotten it working on Windows 7? Sysadm won't install on Win10, but I can probably get a Win7 box going.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #21
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Hey just to update this post, it's been a long time but this TIS I think is the older version.

If you want the new version I think the only place left is Bimmergeeks and download the Rheingold package. https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

I gotten my new ISTA via a forum post on the F30 forums but it was odly taken down but IIRC that was like 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #22
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabro View Post
The (Mirror 1) link in the original post appears to be working for now.

BMW are expecting private individuals to fork out $2500 a year for access to torque specs and repair instructions, pretty disgusting if you ask me.

As long as this ISO remains in circulation we won't be backing down from this fight. TheMidnightNarwhal you are an absolute trooper.
Thanks lol this was exactly why I had made this post, as long as the files are on the web and we can have it locally on the PC they can never block it.

That said, I think this is the older TIS and I'm not to sure what this one has less compared to the new one.
Appreciate 0