BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

11-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #45
rev9k
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
The upset of airflow using a Rotrex is very real as the airspeed is very very high.
Everything we post about has testing behind it.

Nothing is done without reason, maybe some areas were taken too far.

yeah no doubt, the kit looks good, and we can go in circles. Compressed air makes heat, that kit at max is still pushing 8 psi (I think). I still think my experience w/ bigger compressors pushing 30 lbs + is somewhat credible to air flow and heat knowledge relative to a short piece of charge piping
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #46
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Sal since my post, as well as your reply and at least one other were deleted, care to PM me a response? Apparently asking questions in an open forum is frowned upon here...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #47
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughs65e90 View Post
yeah no doubt, the kit looks good, and we can go in circles. Compressed air makes heat, that kit at max is still pushing 8 psi (I think). I still think my experience w/ bigger compressors pushing 30 lbs + is somewhat credible to air flow and heat knowledge relative to a short piece of charge piping
Then I suggest you look at even non supercharged applications like the E39 M5.
You will know the IAT sensor located in the MAF will over heat.
That's in a similar position to our boost pipes.

We did start with a hard pipe there. We had our IAT sensor there. We also have a silicone piece with our IAT sensor boss there.

We know the difference.

We don't just for the sake of it do things. A hard pipe is cheaper for us to make. The tooling on the silicone part was more expensive than a batch of 20 hard pipes.

I'm not arguing with you on this point, I am simply explaining that according to my testing I found Silicone to be more effective especially when the engine is being run hard. Normal driving it makes little difference.

If current owners and current orders want a hard pipe - we can supply that instead, it's very very easy to make for us.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #48
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
The 8 PSi kit is brutal with it's power delivery even as low as 3500rpm. You can short shift this kit and still go very very fast.
If the base kit is performing this well, lets see some 8PSI Data!
Appreciate 0