BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #23
MPG_LOL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Ended up being able to add the camaro for an extra G a year compared to just the M3. Had to get creative and go with a broker, you get screwed on the online insurance websites.
So far the Camaro makes a great daily, for my situation. I drove over 100 miles yesterday, averaged 27 mpg on the freeway in relative comfort. and the torque makes passing simple. At a stop light some kid in a straight piped Q50 asked to race..lol that has never happened in the M3 in 5 years.

2021 Camaro LT1 A10. the DD- Torque baby!
Appreciate 1
br2wdc275.50
      07-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #24
414bhp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla

Awesome! Enjoy the SS 1LT!

I've driven the 2SS, 1SS and SS 1LE versions of the Camaro SS, and the chassis is amazing, the V8 has an unbeatable immediate kick and makes raucous sounds, the mag ride is super comfortable, and the manual transmission is super fun plus easy to daily.

Especially because of the large-displacement engine, the Camaro SS is much feistier as a daily driver than my old E90 M3. In the SS you can really access the torque at street speeds, and the car makes crazy sounds all the time!

And, as much as I liked the SS 1LE, I think the lesser SS's are more fun because they run less sticky rubber on the rear tires. (Read: more shenanigans.) Being a knuckle dragger is part of the allure of the Camaro, so why make it harder with sticky track rubber?!!
Appreciate 1
MPG_LOL78.00
      07-13-2021, 07:11 PM   #25
MPG_LOL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

I hear you. Less tire is more fun. The LT1 trim is tragically under tired with 245 all seasons in the rear. With TC off all I need to do is mash the gas and the tires light up. Can't do that in my E92 with 285s PS4s.. Very antisocial but fun. I have non mag ride suspenion, it's firm without being punishing. The A10 trans is responsive and gives great acceleration and fuel economy. 0-60 in 4 seconds, quarter mile in the low 12s, highway fuel economy is 30mpg. What a car! Steering, handling, and braking are bmw-esque. With the active exhaust it can be very restrained if you prefer. The Camaro is overlooked by German car fan boys.. they don't know what they are missing out on. A ATS with a LT1 might be the perfect car if GM made one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
Awesome! Enjoy the SS 1LT!

I've driven the 2SS, 1SS and SS 1LE versions of the Camaro SS, and the chassis is amazing, the V8 has an unbeatable immediate kick and makes raucous sounds, the mag ride is super comfortable, and the manual transmission is super fun plus easy to daily.

Especially because of the large-displacement engine, the Camaro SS is much feistier as a daily driver than my old E90 M3. In the SS you can really access the torque at street speeds, and the car makes crazy sounds all the time!

And, as much as I liked the SS 1LE, I think the lesser SS's are more fun because they run less sticky rubber on the rear tires. (Read: more shenanigans.) Being a knuckle dragger is part of the allure of the Camaro, so why make it harder with sticky track rubber?!!

2021 Camaro LT1 A10. the DD- Torque baby!
Appreciate 1
414bhp137.50