BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

11-03-2022, 11:39 AM   #23
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 6spd & 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I really don't understand the pleasure that some are taking in mocking us over this, but enjoy I guess.
PYE46M3852.00
      11-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #24
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
Quote:
I really don't understand the pleasure that some are taking in mocking us over this, but enjoy I guess.
I'm not mocking, I'm saying y'all are exceptionally whiny.

The service is still incredibly valuable and unique. And instead of folks appreciating that circumstances might need to change on new purchases, y'all are complaining that you're not getting it good enough.

Again, I'm embarrassed for you.
      11-03-2022, 11:54 AM   #25
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Yeah it is the broke boiz who have 3-4 M cars parked in their garage. We are definitely the ones strapped for cash and need an $80 refund for an oil change kit.

How about we are upset because we spent thousands of dollars more than we should have on parts for the 3-4 cars..... all over a false promise?

Is it 3 or 4? Maybe 3.5 M cars?

You are essentially getting your parts for free or nearly free. How is that not good enough?
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #26
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Can't believe people are surprised or upset at a policy change. Anyone in business knows costs are up for wholesalers as well as retailers in the last 2-3 years and I feel fortunate to get parts for anything regardless of the cost, as long as it's available. The alternative is FCP raise their prices substantially to continue the original policy and keep their existing customers, the majority of which have already made their big purchases. This way they'd get no new customer acquisition and they'd die a slow death. Or they keep giving away the farm and die a quick death, both of which would result in no guarantees for anyone. Maybe start shopping for parts as cheap as possible and you can warrant the few failures you may experience yourselves?
      11-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #27
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

there was a point in time people were sending used parts back to FCP for cash refunds lol. so i am not surprised there have been people abusing the hell out of it for profit gains.

also it's not like they took away your LIFE TIME REPLACEMENT. it's still there, you just have to use store credit, and whats the problem? you ultimately will have that credit for some other parts you need or to replace that same part again.

like why are you upset.. why are people upset... why even cry about having store credit.

shit my boss has like a couple thousand in store credit with ECS tuning of all places and he's forgets and just uses it for small things that need to be serviced on the regularly.

FCP doesn't even have good prices for parts to begin with either, you can find stuff for 15-20% lesser than their website else where. i legit bought a set of the same spark plugs from amazon for 90$... and i wont stress that 90$ when i have to replace them again next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 12:43 PM   #28
Erickuokwa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I agree what's wrong with not getting your money back? You already bought and are using the parts. Store credit to get a replacement part is just as good for many of these oe/oem parts. Even if you can buy bmw parts at distributors list price, fcp will still come back around to be useful for this platform if you decide to drive the car
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #29
kerrit
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red e90 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
2014 M5 CP  [0.00]
Still worth it JUST for the $160 redline oil changes on FCP.. just keep rolling the credits and pay an extra bit as inflation increases the prices.

other than that.. if you don't track the car, unlikely for other maintenance items to fail during your ownership.
      11-03-2022, 11:29 PM   #30
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Is it 3 or 4? Maybe 3.5 M cars?

You are essentially getting your parts for free or nearly free. How is that not good enough?
It is 3 to 4. Did you read carefully? I said We, not Me. I know those two alphabets look similar but one is flipped upside down.

What am I getting for nearly free? I am not sure how else to explain it. You pay a premium up front for whatever part you buy, you eat the difference when you want to exchange it in the future since part prices go up. I am not talking about an oil change kit. I am talking about a set of rotors or an alternator that will go for 1.5-2x the current going rate in the next 5 years. Don't forget your replacement parts will come at another premium. Then you have to pay for shipping and end up with a ton of money in store credit. How's that anything close to a lifetime replacement that was promised to me when I spent thousands of dollars more than I should have to be participate in a replacement program that no longer replaces my parts as advertised? I rather go buy my parts from a local parts store and exchange over the counter.

maybe broke boyz love investing in store credits. Some of us do not want to invest thousand of dollars into a fake replacement program. We like to invest cash into things that go up in value... like real state.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 10:43 AM   #31
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is 3 to 4. Did you read carefully? I said We, not Me. I know those two alphabets look similar but one is flipped upside down.

What am I getting for nearly free? I am not sure how else to explain it. You pay a premium up front for whatever part you buy, you eat the difference when you want to exchange it in the future since part prices go up. I am not talking about an oil change kit. I am talking about a set of rotors or an alternator that will go for 1.5-2x the current going rate in the next 5 years. Don't forget your replacement parts will come at another premium. Then you have to pay for shipping and end up with a ton of money in store credit. How's that anything close to a lifetime replacement that was promised to me when I spent thousands of dollars more than I should have to be participate in a replacement program that no longer replaces my parts as advertised? I rather go buy my parts from a local parts store and exchange over the counter.

maybe broke boyz love investing in store credits. Some of us do not want to invest thousand of dollars into a fake replacement program. We like to invest cash into things that go up in value... like real state.
then dont buy from FCP, they have the worse prices for parts. lol.

if you only cared for the life time replacement it's still there, you just have the difference from inflation/price increases as store credit. so it's still a free replacement. this program shouldn't even be a thing.

in fact it's marketing genius on their end.

lOok at me I invest in HousinG cool.
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      11-04-2022, 11:07 AM   #32
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
Quote:

then dont buy from FCP, they have the worse prices for parts. lol.

if you only cared for the life time replacement it's still there, you just have the difference from inflation/price increases as store credit. so it's still a free replacement. this program shouldn't even be a thing.

in fact it's marketing genius on their end.

lOok at me I invest in HousinG cool.
You don't understand, he's already invested thousands of dollars in excess price premiums on rotors and alternators. It's not enough that they get replaced once, but what if the alternator goes out for a 3rd or 4th time. He'll be limited to store credit. And the shipping expenses (which is nothing new).

Sounds like some of us are more broke boys than led to believe…
      11-04-2022, 11:57 AM   #33
Ximian
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
And here I was thankful to even have this lifetime warranty on any part.

I would like to point out that someone here was doing a yearly return on ignition coils.

Edit: I've spent 3,000.53 USD between Feb 2022 and Nov 2022. My first order was in Sep 2016 and I've only ever returned 3 or 4 parts.
      11-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #34
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You don't understand, he's already invested thousands of dollars in excess price premiums on rotors and alternators. It's not enough that they get replaced once, but what if the alternator goes out for a 3rd or 4th time. He'll be limited to store credit. And the shipping expenses (which is nothing new).

Yeah I am definitely going to go through at least 5 alternators and two sets of rotors on my E92 that has seen 1,000 miles in the past 2 years and my E46 that has seen 7,000 miles in nearly a decade of ownership. I’m definitely abusing the hell out of FCP lifetime replacement guarantee. I won’t be happy until I get ten replacements for free on anything I bought from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:57 PM   #35
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I am definitely going to go through at least 5 alternators and two sets of rotors on my E92 that has seen 1,000 miles in the past 2 years and my E46 that has seen 7,000 miles in nearly a decade of ownership. I'm definitely abusing the hell out of FCP lifetime replacement guarantee. I won't be happy until I get ten replacements for free on anything I bought from them.
These are your words
      11-04-2022, 01:55 PM   #36
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep

Quote:

So you eat the cost difference due to inflation and use the store credit to make each following purchase. That's still one hell of a deal.

I don't see the issue. You are still getting nearly free replacement parts for life. Are you not understanding you can use store credit to repeatedly buy the replacement parts?

I guess you're just here to complain.

Last edited by Gossypiboma; 11-04-2022 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
DRLane3988.50
      11-04-2022, 02:33 PM   #37
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

The only change is that they are giving credit for the original purchase cost as opposed to refund. You're still getting a great deal on replacement parts. Their prices are competitive even without their warranty.

I've gone through 4-5 sets of OEM rotors with them. It would have cost me thousands of dollars out of pocket without the warranty!
      11-04-2022, 03:31 PM   #38
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Some people can't read.

They only read headlines and make assumptions.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-04-2022, 04:53 PM   #39
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep

There are some of you in here that blow my mind. You must not be reading what was clearly spelled out because you keep coming back and saying FREE replacements even though some parts have doubled in price since 2014. I’m done with this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 06:50 PM   #40
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep

Quote:
There are some of you in here that blow my mind. You must not be reading what was clearly spelled out because you keep coming back and saying FREE replacements even though some parts have doubled in price since 2014. I’m done with this thread.
LOL, 8 years ago.

Last edited by Gossypiboma; 11-06-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 09:17 PM   #41
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Mods please make this thread a sticky.
      11-04-2022, 10:51 PM   #42
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
did...you really compare prices to 8 years ago...............LOL

and bro really thought he was going to keep getting that replacement at the same price the rest of the cars life. and technically it's still free if they give you store credit. so that goes back to people being upset its not a cash refund.

and i am pretty sure anything purchased before policy change will get cash back refunds..

Last edited by omgzirra_exe; 11-04-2022 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0