BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

09-03-2022, 12:29 AM   #1189
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarr.cnaipe View Post
Thanks. Any idea where I can score something like this in USA? If the price is reasonable, I would grab one...

Also, can you confirm which Mr12Volt version you used? CCC and CIC use different video connectors, so I'm assuming the new screen has the connections for CCC video connector?
Only place in the US would be Bimmertech but they are pretty pricey and I think sell their MMI box also as part of it.

I had the CCC version of Mr12Volt, this screen only works with CCC units. I can sell you the last unit I have if you are keen for a decent price but you will have to pay shipping ontop.

PM me if interested.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 05:52 AM   #1190
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Hiya can anyone help me code out the voice activation button on my e90 2007 with the ccc.

I have the mr12volt running perfectly apart from Siri and the Bmw voice control running at the same time when you press the button

I have BimmerCode and protool but the procedure look different to the one in the earlier posts. I'm guessing that's for cic?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 03:19 AM   #1191
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Phone unlocking bug

I have to say I am getting really annoyed with the way that MLink or Android Auto operate.

Time after time, if I go anywhere near the car with the doors unlocked, some connection is established and this unlocks my (Android) phone completely.

I discover this later when I am away from the car, and all sorts of apps are accessed in my pocket. It could be settings it could be YouTube, text messages, WhatsApp.

Being blasted by a new ring tone, or a TouTube video at max volume, at random moments is chuffing annoying.

And even more annoying is the fact that the connection I really want - AA and getting Waze/Amigo working on the CIC screen consistently fails now.

Getting seriously hacked-off now.
      09-06-2022, 05:24 PM   #1192
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
I have to say I am getting really annoyed with the way that MLink or Android Auto operate.

Time after time, if I go anywhere near the car with the doors unlocked, some connection is established and this unlocks my (Android) phone completely.

I discover this later when I am away from the car, and all sorts of apps are accessed in my pocket. It could be settings it could be YouTube, text messages, WhatsApp.

Being blasted by a new ring tone, or a TouTube video at max volume, at random moments is chuffing annoying.

And even more annoying is the fact that the connection I really want - AA and getting Waze/Amigo working on the CIC screen consistently fails now.

This annoyed the crap out of me and that was the reason why I used AA wired only.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 04:12 PM   #1193
Raphc
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:

Yes. This is a real pain and seems to be because these cars seem to periodically power on. Would love it if MR12V had a better way to manage how it uses power. For example only turning on with accessory or igntion on.

For the time being I am keeping the car locked at all times and this has reduced unwanted connections by about 90%. Good enough
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 02:29 PM   #1194
TOMEK94
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d N57

I connected the P2000 MD to my BMW e90 LCI with CIC professional,
However, there is a problem. Every time I turn on the car after a long stop, the box doesn’t turn on automatically. (The unit is even not visible in the CD menu.)
I have to unplug and plug in the power supply for it to work.
What could be the problem with this. From what I remember when connecting there was no possibility of a bad power connection because everything was plugged directly into the radio and idrive.
I have the changer in the trunk. If the box starts up (after a power reset), everything works fine.
If I turn off the car for a short while CarPlay reconnects without a problem.
If I connect the phone to the box with the cable (no key in the ignition), my phone is charging, and CarPlay logo is on the screen, but nothing is displayed on the CIC.
There is a red light on the unit all the time.
Appreciate 1
chenium31.00
      09-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #1195
TOMEK94
Registered
Rep

The problem may have been the lack of a loop at the changer, but overall it's even worse.

When I have the FO connected to the CDC, the MR12V module is visible as 1 CD-ROM. However, when the car goes to sleep and I turn it on again the MR12V is no longer visible in the changer.

When I do a FO loop in the trunk (disconnect the changer) Unchecked (Niesprawdzony) appears in the CD source.

I have changed in Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI -> CDMM_CHANGER_3 to mp3_cdc

Does anyone have any idea what I can do about it?
Generally, in both the first and second cases, I get an SOS error. But it was already created after unplugging the previous module "Kufatec Fiscon."

The radio and all other music carriers work fine. Idrive, steering wheel buttons, etc. also.

The navigation doesn't work because I replaced the CIC Business unit with a CIC Professional unit and intentionally didn't activate the codes. I don't have them and don't want to pay for them for the time being since I have an MR12V. I don't need the navigation. I don't think it will have any effect on the functioning of the module.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #1196
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Hi,

Have the P2000 DSP installed in my E90 2007 with CCC

mostly seems to be working fine with car play, I have one question. Im finding the call quality using the P2000 DSP terrible. Everyone says the when i switch over to the OEM bluetooth the call quality is much much better.

I can choose to switch manually to the OEM bluetooth once on a call via my phone but this is not ideal.

Also if i am using another source like FM then i can no longer hear the call becuas im not on the P2000 at that moment. I either have to switch back to the P2000 DSP or, as before manually change over to the OEM bluetooth

Is there a way when using apple carplay that i can, by default use the OEM factory bluetooth? The Carplay seems to overide everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 08:37 AM   #1197
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep

Connection frustration

This is seriously annoying.

I spent ages yesterday trying - unsuccessfully - to get this thing to connect.

This morning, leaving home in a bit of a hurry, I did not bother to try for a connection, and what does the little f*cker do?

Near instant connection, which persists for the next hour, until my first stop. Lots of nice Waze maps and traffic info. Excellent..

Switch off the car.....

Twenty minutes later, switch on again.....and......

No f*cking connection......

There is a small, tiny, extremely minute possibility that it might be my phone (Samsung S8+) but I will be eliminating that possibility in the next day or 2.
      09-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #1198
djan9el
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:

This morning, leaving home in a bit of a hurry, I did not bother to try for a connection, and what does the little f*cker do?

Near instant connection, which persists for the next hour, until my first stop. Lots of nice Waze maps and traffic info. Excellent..

Switch off the car.....

There is a small, tiny, extremely minute possibility that it might be my phone (Samsung S8+) but I will be eliminating that possibility in the next day or 2.
Unfortunately I have been having a similar issue here and there. Last time it happened, I was able to get it to work by pressing the CIC iDrive back button several times. Not sure it it was a fluke, but something worth trying.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #1199
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Next time it happens, you can hold down the idrive knob to reboot the unit.

If that doesn't work, unpair and then pairing the device again usually works.

Sadly it's most likely a software issue on older devices. When I switched to my new pixel I stopped having that issue.

I also didn't have that issue when I was testing out an iPhone and using Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:21 AM   #1200
djan9el
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Next time it happens, you can hold down the idrive knob to reboot the unit.
Is this still working for you? It used to work for me with the first generation P2000, but not with the new P2000 DSP box.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:52 AM   #1201
TOMEK94
Registered
Rep

Quote:

Switch off the car.....

I described the problem above and it is similar. The box also holds the connection quite a while until the car sleeps.
Then after turning it on after a long time there is no connection.
If I make a loop in the trunk it is unchecked in the CDrom.

No resets, pressing 10 sec select and other buttons does not help. If it wants to, it will turn on, if not, it won't. Disconnecting the power supply only helps.

I had another device that worked on the same concept of CDC emulation and it worked corectly. MR12Volt does not work! I would like new buyers to take this into consideration. You are paying almost 2x more, for a device that has problems with normal connection.

I have a box with DSP and have uploaded the latest software version.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 04:26 PM   #1202
Bacek88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru Forester, M3

Might be a dumb question.. But is there a way to connect to the factory USB port in the arm rest instead of running the cable to the glovebox? I don't have the unit yet so I have no clue what the cables look like. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:30 PM   #1203
kd7iwp
Rep
Drives: 2009 E61 535i, 2001 E46 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacek88 View Post
Might be a dumb question.. But is there a way to connect to the factory USB port in the arm rest instead of running the cable to the glovebox? I don't have the unit yet so I have no clue what the cables look like. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row
No, it does not operate off usb, it uses the fiber optic MOST network.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 07:51 AM   #1204
Bacek88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru Forester, M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7iwp View Post
No, it does not operate off usb, it uses the fiber optic MOST network.
Ummm duh... I am talking about hooking up your phone. AKA using wired connection for CarPlay.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2022, 10:30 AM   #1205
e46IX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, E92 M3, F80 M3

I have a lightly used (couple weeks) Mr. 12Volt CIC unit if anyone is looking for a discounted one.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #1206
Kiecelaria
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46IX View Post
I have a lightly used (couple weeks) Mr. 12Volt CIC unit if anyone is looking for a discounted one.
As I have not made any posts before this one I am not permitted to message you so I will ask here.

What is the reason for sale?
Did you experience issues with the unit?
How much are you looking to sell it for?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #1207
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMEK94 View Post
I described the problem above and it is similar. The box also holds the connection quite a while until the car sleeps.
Then after turning it on after a long time there is no connection.
If I make a loop in the trunk it is unchecked in the CDrom.

No resets, pressing 10 sec select and other buttons does not help. If it wants to, it will turn on, if not, it won't. Disconnecting the power supply only helps.

I had another device that worked on the same concept of CDC emulation and it worked corectly. MR12Volt does not work! I would like new buyers to take this into consideration. You are paying almost 2x more, for a device that has problems with normal connection.

I have a box with DSP and have uploaded the latest software version.
This morning, I walked past my car, which has been switched off and locked, since yesterday.

All of a sudden, my phone was blasting out a YouTube video in my pocket, and when I checked TomTom Amigo had woken up....

Very annoying...
      09-16-2022, 05:14 AM   #1208
Lollo
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacek88 View Post
I've been looking into this, as I plan on doing the same once I get round to getting myself a unit.

It seems to me the USB port in the armrest converts to a PS/2 port; if you're as old as me, you'll remember this being the standard connection for mice and keyboards on PCs back in the day. Adapters are plentiful and cheap all across the 'bay. My plan is to connect with one of these, hopefully achieving what you propose.

I just need to decide if I'm going to upgrade the my antiquated CCC to CIC first, or maybe try the less invasive screen upgrade Jojo has. I know the CIC screen is much higher resolution, but it's not like I plan on watching films while driving, I just want google maps and to change songs from the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #1209
eddiegordo
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnguy View Post
Thanks for the tips. I tried all the things that you did step by step. I did have the p2000 reset thru the idrive controller but still nothing works to fix it. This looks like I am going to return it, also seeing if I would be able to return it and try it with another unit.

This turned out more frustrating than I thought, even though connections seem so much simpler than the carsara unit ive installed in the past.
Do you have power on your P2000 box? There's a small LED that lights up.

I had similar issues of "No tones" and turned out that there was no power going into the box. In my case it turned out to be the fuse for the iDrive controller but in yours could be something else.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 10:37 PM   #1210
BlackDelta
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Is this product worth buying in 2022?

I read the whole thread and have been following for quite a while. In the beginning, everyone seemed satisfied with the unit. But as time progresses, I see more and more people asking for help and saying they are having issues! Is that firmware update out yet?
Appreciate 0