BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

01-29-2023, 01:38 PM   #67
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
I am just not getting the impression the Moccamaster is cheap plastic.
Unless they totally reformulated the materials in the past six or seven years.
To be sure, it makes a great cup. It has a lot of plastic and all plastic is cheap plastic. That's it. Hot water + plastics = chemical soup. There is no way around it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 02:19 PM   #68
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
To be sure, it makes a great cup. It has a lot of plastic and all plastic is cheap plastic. That's it. Hot water + plastics = chemical soup. There is no way around it.
you have no idea the joy you took from me

https://www.roastycoffee.com/bpa-free-coffee-maker/
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 06:24 PM   #69
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

This is a complete subculture and the ppl who take the time is kinda like making art, but, still, I don't think the home machines are as good as the industrial ones in specialty coffee stores, so, going w that logic, I couldn't be bothered to do all that work (roasting/grinding/packing/etc...) for something that to me isn't better than what Nespresso offers. Just simple to pop in a capsule and be done w it.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #70
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
Jura Giga W3, highly recommended.
No need to add cream to coffee anymore, as it comes out with a head.

I don’t care about 90% of the presets although I’ll occasionally have an espresso or cappuccino… but I am a coffee snob, love a great coffee and this machine does it, no fuss. No other way to get this nice creamy head (like a Guinness) on a cup of coffee, that I know of.

Had to buy special double walled coffee glasses just to enjoy it. Don’t want it to cool too fast.

Clean it once a week.
(It needs it now, my wife made a cappuccino this morning and I don’t know how she does it but she makes a mess every time.)

Best appliance in my home.
Well, the most used anyway.
Jura = best

Common machine in European places of business I have visited.
Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      01-30-2023, 07:46 PM   #71
gary_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:

I don’t care about 90% of the presets although I’ll occasionally have an espresso or cappuccino… but I am a coffee snob, love a great coffee and this machine does it, no fuss. No other way to get this nice creamy head (like a Guinness) on a cup of coffee, that I know of.

Had to buy special double walled coffee glasses just to enjoy it. Don’t want it to cool too fast.

Clean it once a week.
(It needs it now, my wife made a cappuccino this morning and I don’t know how she does it but she makes a mess every time.)

If I'm dropping $5k on a coffee maker, it better come with a south american girl to blow me every time I want a cup.
Appreciate 2
DM5PAV375.00
dmatre663.00
      01-30-2023, 10:57 PM   #72
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:

Clean it once a week.

I learned about super automaticos when we went to Spain. All the hotels had them and they made great espresso. I like my espresso, but not enough to spend $5k. I ended up getting the Phillips one. Love it! I got the one with the auto milk frother gadget here in FL, but I like it so much when they had the cheap version with the manual frother on sale for like $300 I had to pick one up for NC. I drink mostly espresso and don't need milk very often. If I do I have no issue using the wand thingy.
Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      01-31-2023, 07:02 PM   #73
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
I am just not getting the impression the Moccamaster is cheap plastic.
Unless they totally reformulated the materials in the past six or seven years.
The basket and spout(?) are fine. My biggest gripe is the handle on the carafe. It's always had too much flex and started cracking through after 1-1.5 years of light use (almost daily use, but only a couple cups worth).

Plastic is plastic, but a run of the mill Black and Decker coffee maker at Target or Walmart is more solid and for far less $$$. That's where Technivorm takes a hit in my mind....for the price point, it sure is flimsy.
      01-31-2023, 07:43 PM   #74
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
The basket and spout(?) are fine. My biggest gripe is the handle on the carafe. It's always had too much flex and started cracking through after 1-1.5 years of light use (almost daily use, but only a couple cups worth).

Plastic is plastic, but a run of the mill Black and Decker coffee maker at Target or Walmart is more solid and for far less $$$. That's where Technivorm takes a hit in my mind....for the price point, it sure is flimsy.
The Moccamaster site does offer a pretty vast array of replacement parts and mine seems to have last many X's longer than my Mr. Coffee's and equivalent.

I do two 2.5 cups a day brews with my Mocca and it's got to be near 6 or 8 years old.

But you have to go with what makes you happy. I saw Wirecutter reviews and Consumer Reports do seem to like Cuisinart, Ninja, Oxo etcetera.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 09:30 PM   #75
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

First off, great 10+ year thread bump. This is a worthy topic.

I'm actually upgrading my espresso game. I have an Ascaso Uno Steel PID coming my way. I like this one due to the adaptability of brew temp, pressure, and it has a themoblock. The thermoblock is a game changer, waiting 15+ minutes for a dual boiler to heat up is a beating. This is going to replace my Breville Bambino Plus, which is a great little machine, but struggles a bit with lighter specialty coffees.

In terms of grinder I have a Eureka Mignon Perfetto (flat burrs) which have a wide range of adjustment and a Niche Zero (conical burrs). The Eureka is going up for sale pretty soon if anyone is interested. Great machine but I prefer the workflow of the Niche as I typically single dose.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      01-31-2023, 10:31 PM   #76
e61it
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 545it

I have the Ascaso Steel Duo PID and its a nice machine. I have a grinder and use it but also use ese pods for quick shots and for decaf. It pulls nice shots either way. It's late right now so having a decaf with a glug of solera brandy. Life is good.
Appreciate 2
DM5PAV375.00
pz6193274.00
      02-01-2023, 01:26 AM   #77
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e61it View Post
I have the Ascaso Steel Duo PID and its a nice machine. I have a grinder and use it but also use ese pods for quick shots and for decaf. It pulls nice shots either way. It's late right now so having a decaf with a glug of solera brandy. Life is good.
Great to hear! I was considering the Duo but I don’t do milk drinks that often, so figured I can survive with the single thermoblock.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 11:21 AM   #78
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Also a good one, used it today. Not as good as Jura.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 07:20 PM   #79
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
i dont wanna spend too much on a fancy machine.

i have this semi-auto espresso machine and a decent grinder and it gets the job done:

Name:  kitchenaid-milkshake-semi-automatic-espresso-machine.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  30.0 KB
Appreciate 1
pz6193274.00
      02-04-2023, 12:44 AM   #80
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Also a good one, Franke. Enjoying a hot cup from one now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 06:33 AM   #81
bwoodahl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS6

Tchibo

Check Amazon too.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 06:38 AM   #82
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodahl View Post
Tchibo
We’ve been running this one in our office for several months now.

Can’t beat the price, makes a great cup, and is holding up well under ‘severe duty’ by the addicts in our office.
Appreciate 1
bwoodahl235.00
      02-04-2023, 07:14 AM   #83
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

You guys are really into your coffee machines. I got a Keurig that came with a stand alone milk frother for $79 at Walmart. I grind my own beans and my coffee tastes great. I think it mostly depends on the quality of beans used.

I do wish I could justify buying one of those nice machines.