BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

09-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Just got an offer to run an ACS 335i

Will let everyone know how it turns out. Apparently he has their tune and exhaust. I just don't know why one would spend all that money on a 3 series Bmw. I spent a 1/4 of what he has and we will see if it can match performance wise.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

What's an ACS 335i?
      09-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

AC Schnitzer.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

I dunno, I'd probably Pass, The Ugly dripping off of it will likely distract you from the task at hand allowing the thing to put a couple of lengths on you regardless of all the plastic shit hanging off it.
      09-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

yeah but there is nothing like putting something that ugly in your rear view
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Will let everyone know how it turns out. Apparently he has their tune and exhaust. I just don't know why one would spend all that money on a 3 series Bmw. I spent a 1/4 of what he has and we will see if it can match performance wise.
Is that guy's ACS 335i a silver E90 335i and is the guy a bit older (~ upper 40's-early 50's)?

If so, then I ran into this guy one day at my local car wash about 3 months ago. He claimed ~ 500WHP or some sh!t like that; I didn't believe it and I told him I have the PROcede (with ~ 380BHP and ~ 450 lb.-ft. TQ). He had NO clue about the PROcede...didn't know anything about the PROcede or XEDE piggybacks. I told him to look up "Vishnu PROcede" on the Internet.

He just kept telling me about how much money he spent on his ACS high-performance package (done in Germany prior to delivery) which supposedly included an upgraded ECU Flash (for ~ +200HP...yeah right ), suspension, some crazy loud exhaust (which it was), 20" chrome ACS wheels w/ Pirelli P-Zero tires, and ACS stickers all around his car!!!

So after some interesting conversation with the guy, we both pulled out of the car wash together and ran up to the light up ahead together...where I pulled ~ 1 CLs ahead of the guy (just to ~ 80mph). :rocks: His car was LOUD as sh!t but he had nothing on me; in fact, my PROcede 335i was faster. When we came to the light, he just said that he lost traction.

If it's the same guy, you should have NO problem.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 09-11-2007 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

I have raced a couple 335s with software upgrades and none have stayed closer than 1.5-2 CLs since i got exhaust and re-tune. But with just procede 1.47 it was the same deal. My butt says my car is a lot faster than it was. After that track day though... I am beginning to think my butt is a liar!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I have raced a couple 335s with software upgrades and none have stayed closer than 1.5-2 CLs since i got exhaust and re-tune. But with just procede 1.47 it was the same deal. My butt says my car is a lot faster than it was. After that track day though... I am beginning to think my butt is a liar!
Dude, is it the same guy as I've described (silver E90 335 w/ ACS stickers)? Even if it's not, I was under the impression that ACS doesn't have a performance tune yet; just an exhaust, suspension, wheels, and such...at least that's where they were at a few months ago anyhow.

btw -- here's my thread I started about my run-in with the guy in the ACS 335i a few months ago...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=acs+335i

...and an excerpt from my first post in that thread...

"So, I just met a nice guy who was driving a totally decked out AC Schnitzer 335i Sedan...20" chrome wheels/Pirelli P-Zero tires (which he mentioned bottom out all the time), aero package, lowering springs, exhaust (which he said cost $4,300 just for the exhaust btw ) , and AC Schnitzer decals. He mentioned that he ordered it straight from AC Schnitzer in Germany, and that it's running ~ 550HP and ~ 600 lb.-ft. TQ...huh??????

He said AC Schnitzer upgraded the turbos (running @ 15psi), LSD, cams and other major engine components to give the car so much HP/TQ. I did a search on here, but only found the AC Schnitzer body kit for the 335i, not the "total high performance package." Does anyone know if this is accurate or is he just blowing some smoke?

Although his car sounds great (from the upgraded $4,300 exhaust), we ran together to ~ 80mph from a light and I was ~ 1 CL ahead, which is why I have my doubts about his claims. He said it was b/c it takes so long for his car to warm up and that it's still not that great off the line. I was like, "but you have an LSD, right?"

He says his car does 0-60mph in 3.3 sec., which I KNOW is absolutely false, and that he dusts M3's, Porsche 911 Turbos, and Lambo Gallardos. Of course I mentioned the $1,300 Vishnu PROcede and he knew absolutely nothing about it. He did recall AA's 335i tuning, although he didn't know the name of the "chip" or piggyback box so I explained the story with the XEDE and PROcede. He also mentioned that all the local BMW dealers refuse to work on his car, citing that he completely voided his warranty. I think he might be kicking himself in the as$ about it now."

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 09-11-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Dude, is it the same guy as I've described? Even if it's not, I was under the impression that ACS doesn't have a performance tune yet; just an exhaust, suspension, and such...at least that's where they were at a few months ago anyhow.

btw -- here's my thread I started about my run-in with the guy in the ACS 335i...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=acs+335i

...and an excerpt from my first post in that thread...

"So, I just met a nice guy who was driving a totally decked out AC Schnitzer 335i Sedan...20" chrome wheels/Pirelli P-Zero tires (which he mentioned bottom out all the time), aero package, lowering springs, exhaust, and AC Schnitzer decals. He mentioned that he ordered it straight from AC Schnitzer in Germany, and that it's running ~ 550HP and ~ 600 lb.-ft. TQ...huh??????

He said AC Schnitzer upgraded the turbos (running @ 15psi), LSD, cams and other major engine components to give the car so much HP/TQ. I did a search on here, but only found the AC Schnitzer body kit for the 335i, not the "total high performance package." Does anyone know if this is accurate or is he just blowing some smoke?

Although his car sounds great (from the upgraded $4,300 exhaust), we ran together to ~ 80mph from a light and I was ~ 1 CL ahead, which is why I have my doubts about his claims. He said it was b/c it takes so long for his car to warm up and that it's still not that great off the line. I was like, "but you have an LSD, right?"

He says his car does 0-60mph in 3.3 sec., which I KNOW is absolutely false, and that he dusts M3's, Porsche 911 Turbos, and Lambo Gallardos. Of course I mentioned the $1,300 Vishnu PROcede and he knew absolutely nothing about it. He did recall AA's 335i tuning, although he didn't know the name of the "chip" or piggyback box so I explained the story with the XEDE and PROcede. He also mentioned that all the local BMW dealers refuse to work on his car, citing that he completely voided his warranty. I think he might be kicking himself in the as$ about it now."
What a fool!
      09-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Is that guy's ACS 335i a silver E90 335i and is the guy a bit older (~ upper 40's-early 50's)?

If so, then I ran into this guy one day at my local car wash about 3 months ago. He claimed ~ 500WHP or some sh!t like that; I didn't believe it and I told him I have the PROcede (with ~ 380BHP and ~ 450 lb.-ft. TQ). He had NO clue about the PROcede...didn't know anything about the PROcede or XEDE piggybacks. I told him to look up "Vishnu PROcede" on the Internet.

He just kept telling me about how much money he spent on his ACS high-performance package (done in Germany prior to delivery) which supposedly included an upgraded ECU Flash (for ~ +150HP...yeah right ), suspension, some crazy loud exhaust (which it was), 20" chrome ACS wheels w/ Pirelli P-Zero tires, and ACS stickers all around his car!!!

So after some interesting conversation with the guy, we both pulled out of the car wash together and ran up to the light up ahead together...where I pulled ~ 1 CLs ahead of the guy (just to ~ 80mph). :rocks: His car was LOUD as sh!t but he had nothing on me; in fact, my PROcede 335i was faster. When we came to the light, he just said that he lost traction.

If it's the same guy, you should have NO problem.
you should have teased him coz you spent less for better performance
      09-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
dlwhite
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 2007 335xi

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Scheiße!
      09-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Don't you just love crushing the egos of those who are all talk and no walk? Nice KS slfgator. OP, apparently things are okay as long as you've got a PROcede.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Where in the hell do you find these guys gator?
      09-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Where in the hell do you find these guys gator?
Around, I guess. I do A LOT of driving for my career...about 20k-30k mi./year. I met that guy at my local car wash/wax place I go to at least once/week.

Appreciate 0