BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-19-2022, 10:26 PM   #1
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535

Garage List
  [0.00]
Anyone familiar with VAP (Velocity / AP) exhaust

Does anyone know someone using this exhaust brand and setup? https://www.vividracing.com/velocity...152535099.html

It seems popular with Audis and Jaguars. Sounded good on both.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu...fWjCtOz49FDMlg
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 01:22 AM   #2
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Made in-house in BC, Canada. Their stuff always looked good quality. Curious to know what it sounds like, those resonators look pretty big.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'm a dealer for Velocity AP and we've had good experiences with the quality and sound of their exhaust systems, always very strong value. I have never heard this one, unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #4
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I'm a dealer for Velocity AP and we've had good experiences with the quality and sound of their exhaust systems, always very strong value. I have never heard this one, unfortunately.
I'm interested in this because I'm more of an OEM+ guy, and changing the muffler just for sound is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to tune, not code out the cats, and allow more flow. Most importantly, not be obnoxiously loud all the time.

This setup that I listened to on YouTube (not ideal, I know) was the most subtle at cruising unlike the others always rumbling. Under load it gives a sound I think is a little more mature. Loud, but over the top all the time.

My past cars, N54, N55, exhaust mods either drone, sound like fart cans, or just not impressive. With this lovey S65, the stock sound, to me, sounds great. I think it can be retained with the correct setup.

I listen to the Valvetronic setup, and even with the valves closed still has that "look at me sound." I don't want that on 24 hours a day.

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 04:29 PM   #5
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

It would be nice to know more about the resonators they used; ideally it should have 2 more. But if you pair this with an oem muffler you'll be fine though. Have you considered test pipes?

Last edited by nycplumber; 05-20-2022 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 03:23 AM   #6
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
It would be nice to know more about the resonators they used; ideally it should have 2 more. But if you pair this with an oem muffler you'll be fine though. Have you considered test pipes?
I have considered test pipes, but I don't want to hack up my stock muffler. I also don't want to have to code out my 02 sensors.

Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      05-24-2022, 12:07 PM   #7
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwdoubles_ View Post
I have considered test pipes, but I don't want to hack up my stock muffler. I also don't want to have to code out my 02 sensors.
I recommend contacting the owner of VelocityAP directly, stuart@velocityap.com he's very good at sharing info and may have more videos or sound clips.

If you decide to go for it, you can shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to source it for you and install if needed.
Appreciate 1