BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Electronics | Audio | Security

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #155
VikAry
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Poor Customer Service

I recently purchased the Awron gauge for my e92 M3 (not from EAS but another vendor) and wish I could give some feedback on the product itself but I ran into some issues during install which have delayed the project.

I emailed Awron using 2 different email addresses and the contact form on their website, asking for some assistance. After more than a week with multiple messages, I still have not heard back from anyone. I've purchased performance parts from many different shops both in the U.S. and Europe and have never experienced such disregard for customer service.

I wanted to share my experience with this forum because I think it's important to share both good and bad with fellow enthusiasts. Who knows, maybe this gauge will be amazing but I will never spend my money with a company who cannot be bothered to respond to their customers when they ask for help.

Last edited by VikAry; 05-13-2019 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #156
SAMM3Y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

What’s your problem with it? Mine works flawlessly. I do want to assign a different button to scroll through the screens and according to the instructions it can be done. The instructions are in broken English they’re kind of hard to follow. Have you tried getting product support through your vendor? They might have better luck contacting them.
Stoptech st60/40 // OhlinsR&t // dinan sway/camber // 4.10 osgiken lsd // apex ps7 // supersprint // turner xpipe/shark tune // recaro sportsters // turner shift kit //awron gauge // ess 625 not currently installed // spec clutch not installed yet
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 12:56 PM   #157
VikAry
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What’s your problem with it? Mine works flawlessly. I do want to assign a different button to scroll through the screens and according to the instructions it can be done. The instructions are in broken English they’re kind of hard to follow. Have you tried getting product support through your vendor? They might have better luck contacting them.
I didn't realize that Awron has instructions specific to the e92 M3 so I tried to install my gauge using the non M3 instructions which was not the correct approach. I ended up damaging one of the pins on their cable and asked (sent many messages) if Awron could send a replacement pin or cable but no response. I asked Vivid Racing to help me out and after 5 days, they too say that they cannot get in touch with anyone from Awron.
      05-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #158
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikAry View Post
I didn't realize that Awron has instructions specific to the e92 M3 so I tried to install my gauge using the non M3 instructions which was not the correct approach. I ended up damaging one of the pins on their cable and asked (sent many messages) if Awron could send a replacement pin or cable but no response. I asked Vivid Racing to help me out and after 5 days, they too say that they cannot get in touch with anyone from Awron.
I have these, just sent a PM.

Vivid is notorious for poor support, good luck getting any post-sales support.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #159
VikAry
Rep

I certainly will not work with Vivid again in the future.
      05-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #160
SAMM3Y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Quote:
Just get some t taps from amazon and splice them in there..
Stoptech st60/40 // OhlinsR&t // dinan sway/camber // 4.10 osgiken lsd // apex ps7 // supersprint // turner xpipe/shark tune // recaro sportsters // turner shift kit //awron gauge // ess 625 not currently installed // spec clutch not installed yet
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #161
VikAry
Rep

I want to thank Tom from EAS for helping me out. EAS didn't cause this issue, they didn't even sell me the gauge but Tom was nice enough to step in, figure out what I need to solve the issue and send me replacement parts.

He didn't have to help me but he did and with that has made customer for life. I know where to go next time I'm in the market for mods.
      05-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #162
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Send a message via AIM to amrazM
Vivid sucks everyone knows and or should know this.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #163
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
I suspect that Awron went out of business and no longer exists. The Awron website is completely gone and no activity on their social media channels since Dec from what I can see. I'm just speculating but it would explain the lack of any response. I was contemplating getting a gauge as well but the fact they aren't around has me a little concerned about support. Although it sounds like EAS is stepping up as much as they can considering it isn't their product. Kudos.
Appreciate 0