BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

03-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Sneak Peek: Ohlins R&T with Ground Control Adjustable Camber Plates

Starting to see a number of these combos going through the doors, just wanted to take some quick pictures of the Ohlins/Ground Control assembly before its tucked away underneath the M3.

Components
Ohlins Road & Track DFV Coilover System
Ground Control Adjustable Street Camber Plates

This should provide a considerable upgrade in handling both on the street and track use.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Things looking great! I'd be pulling my wheels off weekly just to admire them. Curiously, is there any dampening pad included for the top coil on the front assemblies?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Things looking great! I'd be pulling my wheels off weekly just to admire them. Curiously, is there any dampening pad included for the top coil on the front assemblies?
The RT kit comes with springs that are the same diameter as OEM on the top. This means that you can use the OEM Upper Guide Support and spring pad. On the aftermarket side the Vorshlag camber plates use the OEM spring pad and it appears that the GC CP don't use a spring pad at all.

EAS has a nice deal going on in March when you buy the RT kit & Vorshalg CP's.
      03-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

I have the Competition Pack which means my car is 10cm lower than standard and I would like to upgrade the suspension without lowering the car at all from its current setting, as I do a lot of driving in London with lots of ramps, kerbs etc.

Am I able to do that with this Ohlins kit or is the highest setting still lower than my existing ride height?

Jack
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
I have the Competition Pack which means my car is 10cm lower than standard and I would like to upgrade the suspension without lowering the car at all from its current setting, as I do a lot of driving in London with lots of ramps, kerbs etc.

Am I able to do that with this Ohlins kit or is the highest setting still lower than my existing ride height?

Jack
Think you mean your car is 10mm lower. I have Competition Package and may buy these to lower for aesthetic reasons. I do not track my car and would leave suspension alone and maintain all the electronic bells and whistles if keeping the the ride height the same.
      03-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
Think you mean your car is 10mm lower. I have Competition Package and may buy these to lower for aesthetic reasons. I do not track my car and would leave suspension alone and maintain all the electronic bells and whistles if keeping the the ride height the same.
Yeah, you're right 10mm lower, thanks....I won't edit my post otherwise your comment will look strange...

Well, I'm just thinking about suspension as I do track my car occasionally but most of my driving is on urban roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post

Jack
Its a bit more common request than some would think.

There's quite a wide range for adjustment on the adjustment collars to cover standard or lowered heights, not a problem at all.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Its a bit more common request than some would think.

There's quite a wide range for adjustment on the adjustment collars to cover standard or lowered heights, not a problem at all.
Tom,

If you're absolutely sure of that can you please PM me a price for the kit plus the camber plates and whatever you use to deal with the EDC error messages. (I have an Alcon big brake kit front and rear with the 19" Competition Pack wheels if that makes any difference for clearances etc - I do not want to run spacers). Delivered to London, UK.

Cheers

Jack
Appreciate 0