BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

06-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
atcga
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quality Imports Ft Walton Bch Fl bad experience

Great forum for us noobs to share a bad experience that may help someone else avoid tragedy.
Took my new E92 M3 DCT for its first service. Told the SA "do not change tranny fluid". Mentioned there was a little confusion about what to do and I want to avoid any trouble by him getting into the tranny when it doesn't need any servicing. Angrily he responded by pointing his finger at me and saying "I assure you there is no confusion here about how to service your car". I said again do not go into the tranny and left my car with him. Picked up the car later in the day and drove home. Next few days car starts acting funny. Wife does most driving and mentions tranny is making bad noises and may even be slipping. Before I can get home to check the Quality Imports service manager calls and says he has a flatbed on the way to pick the car up. Why, I ask? "We need to inspect the tranny for damage" he says. Hmmm. I say, "you did it didn't you"? He responds, "yes we did". "But its BMW's fault not ours" he replies. The key reader told us to do it. He was not present the day the service was done but he now has to clean up this mess. They change the tranny fluid and call to deliver the car to me. Hell no, that tranny has to be replaced. Quality Imports says they will do nothing else because they believe the car is fixed. I call BMWNA and lodge a complaint. Two hours later Quality calls to tell me the entire tranny locked up when they tried to move the car and it's toast. BMWNA will not pay for repairs so Quality files an insurance claim for the $10,000 tranny plus related parts and installation. Now insurance adjusters are calling me wanting a statement about what happened. WTF?? I started calling dealership management immediately and they would not talk to me at all. Finally, after 2 weeks and many threats, I get to the GM Robert Neuman. What an arrogant POS. He argues with me, never offers an apology and won't offer so much as an extended warranty on the work he did to my car. 3 weeks later the service dept calls and wants me to get the car as they are done and management will not talk to me. BMWNA has done nothing so far and Quality Imports will not even talk to me. They did over $10,000 in damage to my car and they won't even speak to me about it. All they want is for me to get the car and never come back. Stay away from these people. They will not listen to you and when they screw up your car, they will refuse to speak with you or offer any help whatsoever. I hate them and I will tell everyone how they screwed me.
Sorry for the rant, but be very careful out there.
      06-25-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

That blows man. Sorry to hear it. I also dislike them and will not be going back. Got my 60K service there and was not impressed
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcga View Post
Great forum for us noobs to share a bad experience that may help someone else avoid tragedy.
Took my new E92 M3 DCT for its first service. Told the SA "do not change tranny fluid". Mentioned there was a little confusion about what to do and I want to avoid any trouble by him getting into the tranny when it doesn't need any servicing. Angrily he responded by pointing his finger at me and saying "I assure you there is no confusion here about how to service your car". I said again do not go into the tranny and left my car with him. Picked up the car later in the day and drove home. Next few days car starts acting funny. Wife does most driving and mentions tranny is making bad noises and may even be slipping. Before I can get home to check the Quality Imports service manager calls and says he has a flatbed on the way to pick the car up. Why, I ask? "We need to inspect the tranny for damage" he says. Hmmm. I say, "you did it didn't you"? He responds, "yes we did". "But its BMW's fault not ours" he replies. The key reader told us to do it. He was not present the day the service was done but he now has to clean up this mess. They change the tranny fluid and call to deliver the car to me. Hell no, that tranny has to be replaced. Quality Imports says they will do nothing else because they believe the car is fixed. I call BMWNA and lodge a complaint. Two hours later Quality calls to tell me the entire tranny locked up when they tried to move the car and it's toast. BMWNA will not pay for repairs so Quality files an insurance claim for the $10,000 tranny plus related parts and installation. Now insurance adjusters are calling me wanting a statement about what happened. WTF?? I started calling dealership management immediately and they would not talk to me at all. Finally, after 2 weeks and many threats, I get to the GM Robert Neuman. What an arrogant POS. He argues with me, never offers an apology and won't offer so much as an extended warranty on the work he did to my car. 3 weeks later the service dept calls and wants me to get the car as they are done and management will not talk to me. BMWNA has done nothing so far and Quality Imports will not even talk to me. They did over $10,000 in damage to my car and they won't even speak to me about it. All they want is for me to get the car and never come back. Stay away from these people. They will not listen to you and when they screw up your car, they will refuse to speak with you or offer any help whatsoever. I hate them and I will tell everyone how they screwed me.
Sorry for the rant, but be very careful out there.
Did the dealer replace your transmission? If so, who finally paid, theirs or your insurance?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Wow these stories are starting to really piss me off. While I am upset at the arrogant dealers I am starting to get upset with BMW. They really need to make this clear to dealerships and service departments....

Jason
      06-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
atcga
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Wow these stories are starting to really piss me off. While I am upset at the arrogant dealers I am starting to get upset with BMW. They really need to make this clear to dealerships and service departments....

Jason
Exactly.
      01-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Diabolusativa
Registered
Rep
Drives: s550

Quality Imports Customer Service

I thought about purchasing a car from this dealership because they are local. But, somehow they get the local folks to pay $10K more than is necessary to buy a car of equal value. I guess the locals like to spend more $ than they need to and are too lazy to shop around. At any rate, it appears that unless the sales people already know you, or unless you are wearing a suit and tie they will not even bother to get up to greet you and will look down their noses at you in a very condescending manner. Then, they will send a boyish looking person with a pimply face and scruffy shoes out to fend you off. I am prepared to pay cash for the car I want and they do not even want to speak to me. I will not buy a car from this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Did the dealer replace your transmission? If so, who finally paid, theirs or your insurance?
+1