BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
E9XFREEK
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 6mt Jerez black

Remus race exhaust+ race tube review

Hey guys, recently I decided to look for a new exhaust set up. A name I kept hearing was Remus (also sourced a used one for a great price). My biggest concern was drone and pissing off my neighbours but decided to bite the bullet anyways. Decided to share my honest opinion of the exhaust hopefully to help others in the future.

The install
Install was rather simple, the mufflers will mount right on your factory H pipe using your factory clamps and mounts BUT if you do decide to go with the racing tubes mounted to factory cats your going to have cut your factory H pipe off before the cats and slide the racing tubes and attach clamps!

The sound
Sound wise the car sounds completely different, best was to explain it to people that haven't heard it in person is it sound very raw. It extremely loud and on the occasion you can hear some crackles and pops. It sounds odd but after 10 min of driving it actually didn't bother me, when cruising down the high way it's not as bad as you would think and holding around 3000rpm I can still have a conversation without screaming. It does have a more aggressive sound then most other set ups and in reality it's not much of a "gentlemen's exhaust" but it suits the S65.

To sum it all up, the Remus race exhaust and racing tubes are a amazing setup for someone that wants an aggressive sound and doesn't really mind some drone(worst part is cold starts). That being said if it does it get too loud you can always just throw on your factory H pipe and it should quite it down a bit. The install for the muffler section is simple and could be done at home but if your not to handy or just don't trust yourself with a sawza you should just get it installed at a local shop. The workmanship of Remus is amazing and have no doubts that it's going to last a long time without a problem. Later on I can try to add some photos if needed. Happy holidays!
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6014.50
      12-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

I wanted to pick up that same exhaust but I came down with a really bad cold and couldn't meet up with the seller after the day he removed it off his car.

Long story short, the H-pipe is not the best on the S65 platform. The S65 needs an Xpipe (hence the OEM design being an X instead of an H), exhaust scavenging is best when the x-pipe is placed even closer to the motor, rasp and noise increases but you get peak gains in performance.

The BimmerWorld x-pipe offers the greatest gains out of the aftermarket bunch tested.

But none the less for the price you got that Remus system for, its definitely a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
E9XFREEK
Canada
Rep

Ya to be completely fair to the exhaust at least in my case the price I picked it up I can't really complain but I am considering putting a new x pipe on or at the very least adding resonators to H pipe to make it a bit easier to drive around my neighbourhood
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

If you were to buy it brand new the Remus isn't worth the price IMO.
The exhaust isn't "special" in any way in terms of the tone and the OEM mod would probably be the best "bang for your buck" exhaust system. (A client/friend of mine had it on his E92 way back before I had my M3).
The H-pipe is fairly cheap directly from Remus vendors, $500 USD new and yes adding resonators would make it much better or even replacing the H-pipe with an actual X-pipe.
Also when I was doing my homework on this exhaust most people who got the Race ends up wishing they got the Sport only cause there is so much damn drone especially paired with a manual.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #5
E9XFREEK
Canada
Rep

I agree, it's a really raw sound. Takes time to get use to it but I do think I'm going to figure out something with a new mid pipe.
Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      12-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #6
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Come on now, you've gotta post some proper video clips!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 2
GORDON.M31422.50
      12-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
E9XFREEK
Canada
Rep

Didn't know how to put a video on the forum, posted it on YouTube but here's the link. It's a cold start Revs up to 3200 rpm
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6014.50