BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Mporium BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2023, 09:28 AM   #22881
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
Iím also on Ohlins dedicated track from 3DM (685/1000). Full bimmerworld aero. Car is exhibiting a lot of mid corner understeer. Dampers set 6 clicks from full stiff. I think Iím going to stiffen the rear bar, itís currently on the middle setting and contemplating moving to a slightly softer front spring.
I'm on the same suspension and I'm 6 from full stiff in the front and 8 from full stiff in the rear but on OEM rear sway. I haven't noticed any mid corner understeer.,

I do feel the rear of the car feel a little unsettling sometimes and I think I have to the subframe mounts and other bushings back there soon. I'll report back after my next track day in several weeks.
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 11:42 AM   #22882
slcook54
Captain
slcook54's Avatar
1847
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: 2012 MR M3 / 2018 SMB M3 CS
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
I'm on the same suspension and I'm 6 from full stiff in the front and 8 from full stiff in the rear but on OEM rear sway. I haven't noticed any mid corner understeer.,

I do feel the rear of the car feel a little unsettling sometimes and I think I have to the subframe mounts and other bushings back there soon. I'll report back after my next track day in several weeks.
What aero are you on? Pretty sure this has at least something to do with it. 😀
Attached Images
 
__________________
Instagram: slcook54
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #22883
omgzirra_exe
Major
omgzirra_exe's Avatar
United_States
1154
Rep
1,341
Posts

Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
I’m also on Ohlins dedicated track from 3DM (685/1000). Full bimmerworld aero. Car is exhibiting a lot of mid corner understeer. Dampers set 6 clicks from full stiff. I think I’m going to stiffen the rear bar, it’s currently on the middle setting and contemplating moving to a slightly softer front spring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
I'm on the same suspension and I'm 6 from full stiff in the front and 8 from full stiff in the rear but on OEM rear sway. I haven't noticed any mid corner understeer.,

I do feel the rear of the car feel a little unsettling sometimes and I think I have to the subframe mounts and other bushings back there soon. I'll report back after my next track day in several weeks.

this is actually my current battle, 6 clicks from stiff front and 9 clicks from stiff rear.

OEM sways, spl arms, solid rear subframe..

maybe my tire pressures are not where they should be.

I should raise the car a bit more upfront and correct the rake a bit.

again also experiencing the same mid-corner understeer towards exit.

no aero.
__________________
Build: ZillaSpec M3 N1 Build
M3Post Track General Discussion: Discord
#fakeGTS
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 07:28 PM   #22884
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
What aero are you on? Pretty sure this has at least something to do with it. 😀
No aero hereÖ


Yeahhhh that might have a little something to do with it lol
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 07:35 PM   #22885
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Question for you guys, whats your measurements for ride height?? From ground to fender in the rear 1/4, Iím at 25 1/4 inches.

Running 275/35/18 on 18x10 TE37s
Attached Images
 
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 08:51 PM   #22886
Gossypiboma
Major
499
Rep
1,145
Posts

Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The John

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
Question for you guys, whats your measurements for ride height?? From ground to fender in the rear 1/4, Iím at 25 1/4 inches.

Running 275/35/18 on 18x10 TE37s
Completely subjective, but If your tucking tire like that there is a good chance you're too low.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 10:14 PM   #22887
omgzirra_exe
Major
omgzirra_exe's Avatar
United_States
1154
Rep
1,341
Posts

Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
Question for you guys, whats your measurements for ride height?? From ground to fender in the rear 1/4, Iím at 25 1/4 inches.

Running 275/35/18 on 18x10 TE37s
lil lower than you upfront lol.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Build: ZillaSpec M3 N1 Build
M3Post Track General Discussion: Discord
#fakeGTS
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 06:39 AM   #22888
leftfootbr8king
Lieutenant
leftfootbr8king's Avatar
553
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
Question for you guys, whats your measurements for ride height?? From ground to fender in the rear 1/4, Iím at 25 1/4 inches.

Running 275/35/18 on 18x10 TE37s
Is this a ride height question for track? Iím assuming it is because itís in the track chit chat thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 09:33 AM   #22889
spooni
Lieutenant
spooni's Avatar
478
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 comp
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sacramento CA

iTrader: (0)

First time @ Buttonwillow 3/31. Ended up with a 1:57.90 pretty happy with that! Car easily has 55 in it. RE71RS is the god mode tire. Will never run anything else going forward.

Maybe I shouldnít sell it
Attached Images
 
__________________
IG: @M3spooni
Appreciate 4
slcook541846.50
tsk941468.00
      04-04-2023, 09:37 AM   #22890
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
Is this a ride height question for track? Iím assuming it is because itís in the track chit chat thread.
yes, just curious where everyone has their car set .
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #22891
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Completely subjective, but If your tucking tire like that there is a good chance you're too low.
I'm actually not tucking tire. Up front I'm able to put 1 finger on top of the tire and in the rear it sits right on top of the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
lil lower than you upfront lol.
Yes, you're definitely lower.

here's a better angle of how my car sits up front.. (one pic was with a 10mm spacer which I took out and replaced with 5mm to clear the ohlins)



__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 1
jvictormp837.00
      04-04-2023, 11:52 AM   #22892
omgzirra_exe
Major
omgzirra_exe's Avatar
United_States
1154
Rep
1,341
Posts

Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
I'm actually not tucking tire. Up front I'm able to put 1 finger on top of the tire and in the rear it sits right on top of the tire.



Yes, you're definitely lower.

here's a better angle of how my car sits up front.. (one pic was with a 10mm spacer which I took out and replaced with 5mm to clear the ohlins)
yeah I am using 18x10.5 et15 squared. usually my ride height is a lot taller upfront when I'm on the 285 square but i was testing a 265/35 up front for the last 7 months and i kind of like it.

lil bit more tire 'pre-load' as they would call it, reducing flex and compliance so the turn in a bit more responsive. although sucks everywhere else if it's bumpy lol.

although the 265 is why i can get away with the ride height, but the rake is def off, so im going to raise it up again.
__________________
Build: ZillaSpec M3 N1 Build
M3Post Track General Discussion: Discord
#fakeGTS
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 03:08 PM   #22893
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
yeah I am using 18x10.5 et15 squared. usually my ride height is a lot taller upfront when I'm on the 285 square but i was testing a 265/35 up front for the last 7 months and i kind of like it.

lil bit more tire 'pre-load' as they would call it, reducing flex and compliance so the turn in a bit more responsive. although sucks everywhere else if it's bumpy lol.

although the 265 is why i can get away with the ride height, but the rake is def off, so im going to raise it up again.
265 on a 10.5 has a nice little pull on the sidewall assuming it's a 200tw tire.

I did 265 on a 10 and it was perfect.. The 275 is definitely beefy but I'm diggin' the look right now.
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 03:40 PM   #22894
omgzirra_exe
Major
omgzirra_exe's Avatar
United_States
1154
Rep
1,341
Posts

Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSicilian View Post
265 on a 10.5 has a nice little pull on the sidewall assuming it's a 200tw tire.

I did 265 on a 10 and it was perfect.. The 275 is definitely beefy but I'm diggin' the look right now.
yeah its not bad, its 140tw tire. the stretch / fit is pretty decent.

might need to turn up the brightness a bit depending on our screen / viewing platform, but you can see how its just enough stretch, but not insane.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Build: ZillaSpec M3 N1 Build
M3Post Track General Discussion: Discord
#fakeGTS
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #22895
1FastSicilian
-Frank
1FastSicilian's Avatar
308
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HUDSON VALLEY, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
yeah its not bad, its 140tw tire. the stretch / fit is pretty decent.

might need to turn up the brightness a bit depending on our screen / viewing platform, but you can see how its just enough stretch, but not insane.
man, the concavity of the 10.5 is stunning..
__________________
2005 M3 - SilverGrey/MT - SOLD
2013 E92 M3 ZCP - AW/FR/BLK/DCT
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition - leveled/34s
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 1
tsk941468.00
      04-04-2023, 06:51 PM   #22896
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
1314
Rep
3,636
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
Car looks great! How good is the BW splitter? My GT4 rep needs replacing after only a year of driveway and road scraping and track days. Does it look like it will be substantially better at weathering abuse than the much cheaper POM options? It looks awesome but it ainít inexpensive.
Of it's next level, proper motorsport design with a solid core. Wish I upgraded sooner but couldn't justify it since my GT4 lip was free. The BW splitter has already taken a big off and just dug up some mud without any visible damage. Only issue is the rubbing on longer sweepers. Want to install some skid pucks on the edges but I'm scared to drill it for rivnut haha.
__________________
F80 M3 TrackBoi, Z4MC GarageBoi, 1M Clone StreetBoi
Appreciate 2
slcook541846.50
      04-04-2023, 09:00 PM   #22897
chocstraw
Lieutenant
chocstraw's Avatar
454
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

do you guys even have bump stops anymore ? lol

I found with my KWs and STs that the manual's recommended settings were best. Their R&D is probably better than our conjectures. They usually suggest rake too, which your car doesn't appear to have, Sicilian.

Low cars stress me tf out
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2023, 01:36 AM   #22898
Bartledoo
Driver
Bartledoo's Avatar
2665
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
First track day for the C8…need to set up the gopro for in-car footy.

__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 2
tsk941468.00
      04-05-2023, 08:35 AM   #22899
Ximian
.
Ximian's Avatar
United_States
1753
Rep
1,760
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
First track day for the C8Öneed to set up the gopro for in-car footy.

Nice lap, you can pick up your trophy here - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B3VQ8DY
__________________
Appreciate 3
roastbeef11391.50
admranger2850.50
      04-05-2023, 09:32 AM   #22900
Bartledoo
Driver
Bartledoo's Avatar
2665
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
Nice lap, you can pick up your trophy here - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B3VQ8DY
I got them when I entered the wait list for the car
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 01:45 PM   #22901
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
tsk94's Avatar
Canada
1468
Rep
1,528
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
First track day for the C8Öneed to set up the gopro for in-car footy.

That seems like a good time for stock tires, relative to what your E90 was doing. Sounds like it has lots of potential.

How is it to drive?!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 07:54 PM   #22902
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
1314
Rep
3,636
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
First track day for the C8Öneed to set up the gopro for in-car footy.

https://youtu.be/a_ctrskgzO8
How do your lap times compare to the E9X?
__________________
F80 M3 TrackBoi, Z4MC GarageBoi, 1M Clone StreetBoi
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST