BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
I call bullshit on anyone who comes on here and tries to pimp their exhaust as being the HP king. BS. Any well designed setup will be statistically no different from the others as far as power gains. Not a lot to be had..... Most is removal of the cats.

So, go with the company you like. Fit and finish, tone, weight, material, and maybe no CEL if doing HFC setup.

Do not be swayed by marketing BS that claims company XYZ's exhaust as the most powerful. Unless there is true unbiased third party testing of all the systems on the same car, same dyno, same day, it is BS.
Well in that case, I'm even more anxious to get my dyno afterwards.

And the good thing about it is that I'm willing to face the truth.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post

yes pls let us know what you dyno before and after your mods
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #25
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Good luck! I am sure you will be happy. Although, no cats was not an option for me. Can you say stink?

Quote:

08-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #26
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
yes pls let us know what you dyno before and after your mods
Sure thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Good luck! I am sure you will be happy. Although, no cats was not an option for me. Can you say stink?
Some like it, and some dislike it. I can completely understand.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #27
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Does it really matter which exhaust puts out 1 or 2 more horserpower than the rest? In my eyes that's pretty much irrelevant if you can't live with the sound or don't like the looks of the best performing exhaust on the market.
Words of wisdom from someone who has probably tried almost all of the exhaust options out there...or so it seems!

Any chance you're going to pick up my plea to give us a run-down of the "popular options" based on your experience? Seriously, I don't think anyone else around here has your depth of experience with so many systems. Having your insight/comparisons in one place (rather than in the 1,600 exhaust threads here) would be invaluable.

If you don't have time, I totally understand, and no worries.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:

Please let us know ! its quite interesting. From all the replies as I feel most people are still going to for Gintani/RPI

However I think has a very good point that they have brought about the x-pipe being a true X

My Friend actually has a kreissieg xpipe and exhaust and his car did not do all the well with the performance. He tells me his car was slower ??? beats me! I feel that is kind of weird myself.

Does anyone have a kreissieg system and would like to comment?

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #29
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^ No prob Eugene, I'll post up the results as soon as everything is on the car!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #30
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by the///Mthree View Post
So 80 wheel horsepower from an Exhaust, software and an air filter.

Sign me up, too bad thats pretty close to impossible.
Its very possible, they didnt only do it with my car, their is 2 more cars that have dynoed numbers like mine and even on different dynos. I can give u Gintanis shop number if u want to call and sign up
      08-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #31
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
^ No prob Eugene, I'll post up the results as soon as everything is on the car!
Cant wait to see ur results
      08-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #32
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Its very possible, they didnt only do it with my car, their is 2 more cars that have dynoed numbers like mine and even on different dynos. I can give u Gintanis shop number if u want to call and sign up
Quote:
Cant wait to see ur results
Boy, am I glad you showed up man.

I guess the results are so amazing that it's hard to convince some guys.

I'm hoping & expecting to make as much power as you did in the beginning when you dyno'd with all of Gintani's basic mods....
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #33
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Boy, am I glad you showed up man.

I guess the results are so amazing that it's hard to convince some guys.

I'm hoping & expecting to make as much power as you did in the beginning when you dyno'd with all of Gintani's basic mods....
When do you think you'll have everything installed and dyno'd?
      08-22-2009, 01:12 AM   #34
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I would say Gintani or RPi make the most power. So I assume getting a full exhaust is only half the gain, while the other half relies in the tune, correct?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #35
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
So 80 wheel horsepower from an Exhaust, software and an air filter.

Sign me up, too bad thats pretty close to impossible.
Impossible huh?
STOCK

Full Exhaust,Custom Tune,Pulley,Filter,Scoops

Seemed to work for me.

Btw thats with a stock midsection that was decatted by some exhaust shop had I got my Gintani mid pipe I would have probably made more. In the second dyno that 354 number was with all the mods and the standard generic flash. And the 379 came after 25 pulls and a custom tune on the dyno Same day

Quote:
+100 Its funny how people still call BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I would say Gintani or RPi make the most power. So I assume getting a full exhaust is only half the gain, while the other half relies in the tune, correct?
Your right about that everything else is icing on the cake.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #36
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
When do you think you'll have everything installed and dyno'd?
I wanna be safe and say that I should have everything installed & dyno'd by early October at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #37
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Impossible huh?
STOCK

Full Exhaust,Custom Tune,Pulley,Filter,Scoops

Seemed to work for me.

Btw thats with a stock midsection that was decatted by some exhaust shop had I got my Gintani mid pipe I would have probably made more. In the second dyno that 354 number was with all the mods and the standard generic flash. And the 379 came after 25 pulls and a custom tune on the dyno Same day

Your right about that everything else is icing on the cake.

Very impressive. But a catback exhaust with no tune and filter will not yield you results like that. Damn why is Gintani in Cali?????

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #38
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Impossible huh?

I stated that 80 hp and never stated pulley(which you are stating), your gain from stock to what I stated + pulley is 39. With a custom tune and pulley its 64, close but not the whole enchilada.

Your dynos are also 2 months apart. Dyno software gets updated all the times and could read a very different number. I know because I went on a friends dynonamics with a car I use to have and made 430 hp, a few months later he wanted me to come back because my car was the only one that was still the same, it made 470. I am not completly discrediting your dyno, but its not all your cracking it up to be.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #39
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I stated that 80 hp and never stated pulley(which you are stating), your gain from stock to what I stated + pulley is 39. With a custom tune and pulley its 64, close but not the whole enchilada.

Your dynos are also 2 months apart. Dyno software gets updated all the times and could read a very different number. I know because I went on a friends dynonamics with a car I use to have and made 430 hp, a few months later he wanted me to come back because my car was the only one that was still the same, it made 470. I am not completly discrediting your dyno, but its not all your cracking it up to be.
lol. Whatever dude. So my car and Niteriders car didn't make the numbers according to because you went on some random dyno and got some off numbers? ya ok.FYI I also got the same gains on a completely different dyno a calibrated dynapack. Also if you talk to drew (dlsj5) my car was one of the fastest 6mt cars he's ran He destroys just about every other M3 6mt with the same kind of bolt ons except mine we were very close in our runs. So with that said believe what you like but it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #40
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol. Whatever dude. So my car and Niteriders car didn't make the numbers according to because you went on some random dyno and got some off numbers? ya ok.FYI I also got the same gains on a completely different dyno a calibrated dynapack. Also if you talk to drew (dlsj5) my car was one of the fastest 6mt cars he's ran He destroys just about every other M3 6mt with the same kind of bolt ons except mine we were very close in our runs. So with that said believe what you like but it is what it is.
Say what?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #41
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Yup, Jon and Drews car have been neck to neck in the races ive watched and Drews car has beaten a lot of fast M3s, including mine (na of course).
      08-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #42
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:

Look dynos dnt mean much to me, but I do them to see my gains with my mods and to help people choose their mods wisely. In the end I can care less what set up u go with. All I know is I actually track and race my car, im not just some cat with a dyno queen car. My car has been put thru a lot of ish, mainly because I dont wanna tell people to get the things I get if they dnt work. I know how expensive modding can be, but in the end as long as ur with the performance increase, durability, runability etc. U normally dnt care what u have spent.

Gintanis products are bullet proof in my book and are all up to par with their claims. Weather u choose them or not, I dnt care, but calling my results BS is another story. Im always willing to let people hear or ride my car so they can see and hear the difference in person...sucks ur in NY, or we could arrange something. Im always down to put my car thru any test, just as I have now with their first production SC kit, that I cant say enough about (but thats another story). So calling BS on several different cars and even different dynos, is really just ignorant. Just cause u havent done it, doesnt mean it cant be done. Ill b the first to call BS on any product I install on my car if it is not worthy.
      08-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Yup, Jon and Drews car have been neck to neck in the races ive watched and Drews car has beaten a lot of fast M3s, including mine (na of course).

That is true, I did see the vids you against drew's car. His car is a beast. super quick for a NA.

present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #44
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
I wanna be safe and say that I should have everything installed & dyno'd by early October at the latest.

I thought it was installed already? I meant the exhaust. ??

Appreciate 0