BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #45
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Seemed to work for me.

Btw thats with a stock midsection that was decatted by some exhaust shop had I got my Gintani mid pipe I would have probably made more. In the second dyno that 354 number was with all the mods and the standard generic flash. And the 379 came after 25 pulls and a custom tune on the dyno Same day
Just curious why you'd expect more gains from the Gintani mid-section vs. a simple de-cat of the stock midsection?

Also, getting 25HP from a tune is REALLY impressive; especially considering you had a tune on already. Was that just a tune or does it also include deleting the primary cats in?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #46
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just curious why you'd expect more gains from the Gintani mid-section vs. a simple de-cat of the stock midsection?

Also, getting 25HP from a tune is REALLY impressive; especially considering you had a tune on already. Was that just a tune or does it also include deleting the primary cats in?
I assume that i might have made more power because the stock piping has some funny looking bends and lil flatend areas and isn't as free-flow as the Gintani's setup. It might not have made more I'm just assuming. The Dynos I posted are all with the Deleted Primary & Secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #47
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

rpi gt or gintani
      08-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #48
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Akrapovic would be a close 2nd to Gintani/RPi - you lose around 50lbs of weight as well, which is about a 1.5% increase in power to weight...

Plus I'd suggest a more "civilised" exhaust note if that it was you are after...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #49
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Wow seems like its all about RPI and Gintani. I actually think the both set ups look quite similar.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #50
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I assume that i might have made more power because the stock piping has some funny looking bends and lil flatend areas and isn't as free-flow as the Gintani's setup. It might not have made more I'm just assuming. The Dynos I posted are all with the Deleted Primary & Secondary cats.
Didn't realize there were kinks/bends in the stock plumbing. Thanks and nice gains.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #51
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
Wow seems like its all about RPI and Gintani. I actually think the both set ups look quite similar.
I think they look completely different...

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #52
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I think they look completely different...

HOw so? beside the rear section I think its look very similar especially how the x-pipe is connected

present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #53
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
HOw so? beside the rear section I think its look very similar especially how the x-pipe is connected
The x-pipe design is way different (the Gintani is pushed as far up front as possible. Also, Gintani's connecting pipes go straight into the mufflers, where as RPI's makes a strange curve into the muffler. Most of the power from these systems come from ditching the restrictive cats, so I'm not sure that a person can prove that one is more powerful than the other.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #54
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
The x-pipe design is way different (the Gintani is pushed as far up front as possible. Also, Gintani's connecting pipes go straight into the mufflers, where as RPI's makes a strange curve into the muffler. Most of the power from these systems come from ditching the restrictive cats, so I'm not sure that a person can prove that one is more powerful than the other.
yeah
it probably is because of the cats
if turner made +40rwhp from primary cat delete + tune
and rpi gt made +45rwhp from full cat delete + tune
I don't think the exhaust design helps much in terms of power
so I think the tune is important because I thinkkk niterider? did a primary cat delete without a tune and gained like 3rwhp or something
don't quote me on this stuff
this is from my memory(I have bad memory)
it's hard to remember when the car has like 10 different cats and there's like 1000 different dynos tuners use
so if I'm wrong I'm sorry someone just correct me
      08-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #55
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
yeah
it probably is because of the cats
if turner made +40rwhp from primary cat delete + tune
and rpi gt made +45rwhp from full cat delete + tune
I don't think the exhaust design helps much in terms of power
so I think the tune is important because I thinkkk niterider? did a primary cat delete without a tune and gained like 3rwhp or something
don't quote me on this stuff
this is from my memory(I have bad memory)
it's hard to remember when the car has like 10 different cats and there's like 1000 different dynos tuners use
so if I'm wrong I'm sorry someone just correct me
I just put my primary cats back in. Felt the car has a lot more jolt. I think it was the increase in back pressure from the cats. But I do however feel the car is slower on the highway.

Does more HP and means MORE Torque???

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #56
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
I like what you have wrote!!! very interesting.

but does more HP also means more torque??? HP is good more I think its also trying to find the perfect balance between HP&Torque

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #57
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
I like what you have wrote!!! very interesting.

but does more HP also means more torque??? HP is good more I think its also trying to find the perfect balance between HP&Torque
Huh? There's no balancing between hp and torque. P = t * rpm. If P is in horsepower and torque in ft-lbs then P(hp) = t(ft-lbs) * rpm / 5252. (The 5252 is different if different units are used.) There are two ways to increase horsepower - increase torque and increase rpm. For a given rpm, torque and power are directly related.
      08-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #58
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
I thought it was installed already? I meant the exhaust. ??
I've already ordered my full exhaust from Gintani. It'll arrive in a few more weeks. I'll have it installed by the beginning of October at the latest.

Sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #59
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I've already ordered my full exhaust from Gintani. It'll arrive in a few more weeks. I'll have it installed by the beginning of October at the latest.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kool, let me know

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #60
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Kool, let me know
For sure. I'll post up a full review with several pics after the install.
Appreciate 0