BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-16-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
WeekendV8
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

WTB: E90 M3 in Toronto

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking to buy an E90 M3:

- 2009 to 2011.
- Grey/Silverstone/White/either Blue.
- No mods, clean title, original paint, 1-2 owners max.
- Less than 100,000km preferred.
- 6-speed or DCT.

I am Located in near Toronto but willing to travel or have it shipped. Just getting into the market, tried Kijiji Autos, Autotrader, CarGurus. I guess I am in the search for the long run.

Any tips on finding a car? Patience?

Last edited by WeekendV8; 06-17-2020 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

I might be contemplating on selling, but I have an E92.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
caseythesheltie
Rep
Drives: E90 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendV8 View Post
Looking to buy an E90 M3:

- 2009 to 2011
- Grey/Silver/White/Blue preferred.
- Lower KM preferred.
- dct or 6-speed.

I am Located in near Toronto but willing to travel or have it shipped. Just getting into the market, tried Kijiji Autos, Autotrader, CarGurus. I guess I am in the search for the long run.

Any tips on finding a car? Patience?
What is your budget? I am local and the original owner of an immaculate 2009 Silverstone DCT. Not actively looking to sell but willing to entertain offers.

Last edited by caseythesheltie; 06-17-2020 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
WeekendV8
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseythesheltie View Post
What is your budget? I am local and the original owner of an immaculate 2009 Silverstone DCT. Not actively looking to sell but willing to entertain offers.
Sent PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'd bet that if you updated your post with a budget and what 'lowers kms' means exactly, you'll get more people reaching out.

I have an M3, it has 120k km on it. To me that's considered low kms because it's only 12km a year since delivery. To give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

You also need to factor in servicing and the maintenance of the vehicle.

Are you planning on doing the rod bearings yourself? Do you want them done already? Do you want stock, or upgraded is okay? Do you want comp package or not? If you're gonna mod it yourself with suspension/wheels then you probably don't need comp package. If you do 2009-2011.0 then you won't have Bluetooth music streaming. You'll need a 2011.5-2011.75 for that. The 2011.0 is the only one in the 2011 lineup that also doesn't have auto start stop. So many things to consider. Narrow it down and the right one will come along.

E90's are hard to find in Canada. I wanted a 2011 E90 white/black and that took 12+ months. I also wanted no accidents, original paint and no mods, so of course that's why it took longer. Got there in the end and after 3 E92 M3's it was the perfect way to round it off. I'm glad I waited.

I got into the car knowing I need to do the rod bearings, spark plugs, fluid flushes and fix a DCT leak. The price also reflected that. Now it's in perfect condition, almost brand new in my opinion.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
WeekendV8
Canada
Rep

Hey thanks for the insight.

I think with the limited amount of cars out there I'm willing to consider every car with a clean title, no mods, and low to average km.

I suppose I will end up seeing some cars I don't want, but I consider that part of the process. Hopefully not 12 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
I'd bet that if you updated your post with a budget and what 'lowers kms' means exactly, you'll get more people reaching out.

I have an M3, it has 120k km on it. To me that's considered low kms because it's only 12km a year since delivery. To give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

You also need to factor in servicing and the maintenance of the vehicle.

Are you planning on doing the rod bearings yourself? Do you want them done already? Do you want stock, or upgraded is okay? Do you want comp package or not? If you're gonna mod it yourself with suspension/wheels then you probably don't need comp package. If you do 2009-2011.0 then you won't have Bluetooth music streaming. You'll need a 2011.5-2011.75 for that. The 2011.0 is the only one in the 2011 lineup that also doesn't have auto start stop. So many things to consider. Narrow it down and the right one will come along.

E90's are hard to find in Canada. I wanted a 2011 E90 white/black and that took 12+ months. I also wanted no accidents, original paint and no mods, so of course that's why it took longer. Got there in the end and after 3 E92 M3's it was the perfect way to round it off. I'm glad I waited.

I got into the car knowing I need to do the rod bearings, spark plugs, fluid flushes and fix a DCT leak. The price also reflected that. Now it's in perfect condition, almost brand new in my opinion.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
MalucoE12
Rep
Drives: E12 528,E70 X5, E90 M3, G80 M3

Good luck on your search. Don't give up because it may take you longer than expected.

It took me 8 months to find mine and it was complete luck whilst speaking to a friend who knew a friend that was interested in selling... It was the right exterior colour too! Patience is key. I would scour all of Canada, and all local listings nearly everyday. No joke!

I didn't get the maintenance records (actual paperwork) for mine but the first owner was a BMW Service Manager and the second owner had it serviced at the original owner's dealership and another closer to his home to ensure it was in tip-top shape. In addition, the 2nd owner had 2 previous E90 M3's. He had enough experience in maintaining an S65 that I was more than comfortable with the purchase.

Don't be afraid of maintaining it. I change my oil on average every 5,000kms. I purchase the oil and filter at the dealership and do it myself for my peace of mind. Warm up the engine properly and don't put it away wet. I love my E90 M3 and I'll only let it go if I find a 3-pedal twin.

I'll keep an eye out for you.
Appreciate 0