BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Electric fan motor activated error code?

Hi guys,

I recently installed my catless exhaust and BPM tune. I got some misfiring errors with bank 2 but that is all taken care of. After I solved that issue I scanned my car with Carly. I got an error code of 00279D. I've searched on the forums for this error code and I can't come up with anything. It says in carly "Electric fan motor activation" I'm not entirely sure what that means? It activated a fan so whats the issue? Overheating? My temps stay around 210 as normal. I cleared all codes but this is the only one popping back up. Car still drives fine if not better with the tune. I know I have a small exhaust leak at the x-pipe to catback clamp but can that be related?

Thank you for your time!
      02-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Shot in the dark but did someone forget to plug the radiator fan back in? Do you have underdrive pulleys on your car? Don't see why it would be removed for coils/tune/exhaust..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90, DCT, Space Grey

Hey,
I recently received my Carly dongle etc and scanned for errors and I got this same code. Car doesn't overheat, runs fine etc
The only thing I am thinking now is maybe to throw 12v to the fan and see if it spins. Fingers crossed!

Craig
Appreciate 0