BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

INDustry distribution

04-22-2022, 10:18 AM   #309
cmichaelo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2019 Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
If you are MT and have not received an email from us, please could you PM me and I'll double check. Thanks!
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 08:28 PM   #310
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Havs anyone installed their shaft yet? Any feedbacks?

I received mine a couple weeks ago. Just waiting to get my car into the shop.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #311
JPSurratt2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Havs anyone installed their shaft yet? Any feedbacks?

I received mine a couple weeks ago. Just waiting to get my car into the shop.
I installed mine in my garage, about 6 months ago. Everything feels great, and only had a slight vibration at 110-120mph but honestly it could be my wheels needing balancing. Really hard to tell, as it was super subtle.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 07:44 PM   #312
CTMike
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Last update a month ago was that 6MT shafts were in final testing and assembly… any new updates? Test reports? Have the balancing issues been resolved? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 10:57 PM   #313
Irish222222
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i F10

Apologize if I missed it…any 1/4 mile or track time to improvements documented with the carbon drive shaft? I see it “feels” quicker, but curious if there is a significant measured gain.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 12:02 AM   #314
MFactory
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMike View Post
Last update a month ago was that 6MT shafts were in final testing and assembly… any new updates? Test reports? Have the balancing issues been resolved? Thanks.
Issues have been resolved, yes, and we have contacted the MT buyers regarding their orders
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #315
peter de la mare
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Just received my DCT shaft, thanks Michael.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 08:26 PM   #316
CTMike
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Would really love to hear feedback from anyone who has installed the latest version.
      06-14-2022, 05:48 AM   #317
MFactory
United_States
Rep

For some reason, the system is not allowing me to post a new thread in the E90post section.

I'll post the details here in the meantime. If any of you have an E8X/E9X 135i/335i or know anyone who does that may be interested, please let me know

We have the following Carbon Driveshaft samples ready and are looking for testers:

E8X 135i N54/N55 AT
E8X 135i N54 MT
E8X 135i N55 MT
E9X 335i N54/N55 AT
E9X 135i N54 MT

Tester Price: $1050 + shipping. For more details, please PM me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #318
cmichaelo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2019 Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Issues have been resolved, yes, and we have contacted the MT buyers regarding their orders
I have not been contacted. I've sent you email Michael.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #319
MFactory
United_States
Rep

Update

Just wanted to give a quick update regarding the latest delays with the driveshafts (and other parts such as our Flywheels)

The covid situation in TW just now is pretty serious and, unfortunately, a lot of our staff have/were infected (as well as most of our partner factories that we work with). This has severely disrupted operations and has caused significant delays in almost all of our product range

If you have a pending/back-order with us and wish to check the status, please could you send me an email directly (or PM me if you don't have it) and I will try to update you.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 03:27 AM   #320
MFactory
United_States
Rep

Resonance vs Vibrations

Hey guys. Just wanted to explain some vibrational "issues" that may occur after installing the driveshaft.

Resonance is actually related to vibration (it's the result of vibration), however, the vibrations you get can be split into two variations:

1) Balance vibrations - This is what a few of you experienced before (thus their car shaking) and was due to the balancing of the tube. This is what we set out to resolve and have now resolved

2) Harmonic vibrations - This isn't related to the balancing of the tube, but your chassis components/setup. As the driveshaft is basically a hollow carbon tube that does not absorb any harmonic vibrations whatsoever (the only parts of the driveshaft that could absorb anything would be the aluminium flanges/CV), this job is basically left up to your chassis bushings (guibo, diff, subframe, transmission, engine etc).

To simplify it, harmonic vibrations can be split into 3 stages:

1) Minimal - Your chassis components are virtually "as new" and do their job in absorbing everything

2) Medium - Your chassis components are starting to show their age thus do not completely absorb everything. This translates into audible resonance like what you may be experiencing. If you have upgraded to harder/solid bushings or mounts, these also do not absorb as much of the vibrations

3) Advanced - Your chassis components need replacing. Not only will you get audible resonance, but actual physical vibrations may be felt as well. The further along the degradation, the more pronounced the audible and/or physical vibrations will be. This is what occured with our previous MT tester, hence it delaying us assembling more pieces due to wanting to diagnose and resolve the issue. After he replaced his transmission mounts and guibo, the issues were resolved. Unfortunately, once you reach this stage, it is a matter of trial & error to pin point which components are shot

Both v1 and v2 had the same harmonic issues as it wasn't really anything to do with the balancing or design of the driveshaft. The sound during coasting/wind-down is due to the hollow nature of the tube (it may actually sound "louder" than during throttle). If you are already experiencing any vibrations in-cabin (non driveshaft related), I'm sure you will notice that vibrations almost always get worse when you lift-off the throttle versus keeping your foot down. This is the same principle.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me
Appreciate 2