BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

06-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #45
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

first of all "rediculous" is spelled RIDICULOUS

second good forged 3 piece aftermarket wheels look a million times better then stock rims.

you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

the M3 is a enthusiasts vehicle. if you want to keep your car stock get a Ferrari or something that validates your point.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #46
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
first of all "rediculous" is spelled RIDICULOUS

second good forged 3 piece aftermarket wheels look a million times better then stock rims.

you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

the M3 is a enthusiasts vehicle. if you want to keep your car stock get a Ferrari or something that validates your point.
I would have thought you might have proof-read such a response given your choice of opening, but anyway...

Re. the M3 being "a [sic] enthusiasts [sic] vehicle", if you find the stock version unpalatable then perhaps it is you that is opting for the wrong car?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #47
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Can you guys clarify how the individual works? How do you specify your own color exactly? How is that visualized before ordering? And, how much did it cost on the E46? etc...
If you do a search you might find more detailed information, but short story is: It is not easily available in the US, I have the impression that it depends on how much work your dealer is willing to do for you. The other thing is that it is not called "Individual" in the US, or that is, it was, but is no more, or whatever. I do not live in the US and do not know for certain.

In Europe you can get a brochure with preselected Individual color combinations and often some more exclusive types of leather + i.e. contrasting color on stiches etc - looks very nice - I have the brochure for the E90 3 series.

There is also the option to "pay more" and choose colors and materials outside of the basic Individual program. In my experience the dealer does most of the work together with representatives from BMW Individual.
I have been offered a trip to see samples IRL if/when the program is available, but as I already have an order number for the new M3; everything depends on timing.

I think there is a thread dedicated to the Individual programme on m3forum. You might find more information there.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #48
tdc
always notorious
Rep
Drives: beater

Quote:
Can you guys clarify how the individual works? How do you specify your own color exactly? How is that visualized before ordering? And, how much did it cost on the E46? etc...
Granted there technically is no BMW Individual program for the US but some of the Individual items are still available to us such as exterior paint colors, interior leather colors, and trim choices.

An Individual exterior paint color runs about $2500 these days and an Individual interior will run close to $4000.

You just need to find yourself a knowledgeable (or at least one willing to learn and help you, the customer) client advisor that is willing to do 3-5 faxes to BMWNA in order to obtain your Individual options.
      06-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Granted there technically is no BMW Individual program for the US but some of the Individual items are still available to us such as exterior paint colors, interior leather colors, and trim choices.

An Individual exterior paint color runs about $2500 these days and an Individual interior will run close to $4000.

You just need to find yourself a knowledgeable (or at least one willing to learn and help you, the customer) client advisor that is willing to do 3-5 faxes to BMWNA in order to obtain your Individual options.
How current is that info?

If I recall, there was another thread here a month or so ago where it was determined that this was no longer the case for the US as of the end of the E46 M3 run.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #50
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Yes, would be very interested to know if this is still available.
      06-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #51
tdc
always notorious
Rep

As far as I know the Individual program is readily available to US customers now. I've personally seen regular E60 5-series (07+) with Individual items not to mention countless M5's and M6's.

It's just a matter of whether or not your client advisor is willing to do the little extra legwork for you and if you're willing to pay to play.
      06-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #52
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As far as I know the Individual program is readily available to US customers now. I've personally seen regular E60 5-series (07+) with Individual items not to mention countless M5's and M6's.

It's just a matter of whether or not your client advisor is willing to do the little extra legwork for you and if you're willing to pay to play.
Not to beat a dead horse, but just so we are clear, in this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ividual&page=2

Smoltz really is full of shit then? Note that I am not trying to start anything, and I don't have anything invested either way. I just want to make sure I know the facts myself. In particular the thread that was pointed to on the M5 board:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...Individual+USA

Seems pretty reliable.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #53
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Now, it's true there is no "Individual" BMW here in the United States. There never was. However, US customers were allowed to order different exterior and interior colors (as long as they were still available within BMW as a whole) for a fee and with BMWNA approval. For all intents and purposes, it's still an Individual vehicle as evidenced by the sticker on the shock tower.

However, it's possible things could have changed within the last year or so (since I ordered my car). But I find it strange that BMWNA was very close to announcing that the US would be getting an Individual program (although not as extensive as those elsewhere in the world) in the very near future and then all of a sudden cease orders with Individual items.

Who knows, I may have been lucky and was able to have some strings pulled to get my car with Estoril Blue Dark interior when I did.
      06-06-2007, 07:41 AM   #54
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Now, it's true there is no "Individual" BMW here in the United States. There never was. However, US customers were allowed to order different exterior and interior colors (as long as they were still available within BMW as a whole) for a fee and with BMWNA approval. For all intents and purposes, it's still an Individual vehicle as evidenced by the sticker on the shock tower.
Right, yeah. Gotcha on that. I think the semantics were beaten to death in the other thread. Doesn't matter what we call it - just want BMW to put paint on the car that's not on the regular palette found in the brochure.

Quote:
Who knows, I may have been lucky and was able to have some strings pulled to get my car with Estoril Blue Dark interior when I did.
I'm curious - what kind of car do you have? Is it an E60 5 series or M5? Or is it an E46 M3? Or something else?

Also, do you know where I can see pics of any of the cars you talked about above? - "regular E60 5-series (07+) with Individual items not to mention countless M5's and M6's." I did not search exhaustively by any means but I can't seem to find any in the US. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #55
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
tdc, pics please.
      06-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #56
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I'm curious - what kind of car do you have? Is it an E60 5 series or M5? Or is it an E46 M3? Or something else?
I have an E46 M3. Photos below for your viewing pleasure.
Quote:
Also, do you know where I can see pics of any of the cars you talked about above? - "regular E60 5-series (07+) with Individual items not to mention countless M5's and M6's." I did not search exhaustively by any means but I can't seem to find any in the US. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, I do not have photos of these vehicles except in my mind. These are vehicles I have seen on showroom floors in multiple dealerships. Trust me, when an M customer says they want something, BMWNA is going to damn well do their best to accommodate. Just look at the availability of the 6-spd manual transmission on M5's now. That was, honest to God, the result of pressure from the US market.

Now for the photos of my car...

And before someone says it looks like Laguna Seca Blue interior...

06-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #57
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Nice, how much extra did you have to pay for the interior color change?
      06-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #58
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Nice, how much extra did you have to pay for the interior color change?
As stated in an earlier post...
Quote:
      06-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #59
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have an E46 M3. Photos below for your viewing pleasure.
Thanks for posting. I'm not big on colored interiors but I really like that blue. LSB interior is just too over the top.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I do not have photos of these vehicles except in my mind. These are vehicles I have seen on showroom floors in multiple dealerships. Trust me, when an M customer says they want something, BMWNA is going to damn well do their best to accommodate. Just look at the availability of the 6-spd manual transmission on M5's now. That was, honest to God, the result of pressure from the US market.
Yeah I hear you on that. But getting options added to the list is a little different than getting options that aren't even on the list. Not that I don't believe you. Its just that there is so much conflicting info flying around out there. Pics would certainly help, but I understand you don't take pics of every car you see.

Oh well. If you (or anyone) comes across pics of a US delievered '07 MY or later car with factory custom paint, I think everyone would love to see them.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #60
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Quote:
But getting options added to the list is a little different than getting options that aren't even on the list.
Well, that's the thing. No one is getting anything from the factory that isn't already available with BMW when we're talking about Individual options.
      06-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #61
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, that's the thing. No one is getting anything from the factory that isn't already available with BMW when we're talking about Individual options.
Right, I agree to the extent that the Individual program is alive, healthy and well in the US. If that's indeed still the case as of today, then we are all set and good to go But, what I am saying is - if for some reason the program were to be discontinued, then I don't think any amount of money will get you a custom factory paint color. Just like folks have tried to get a custom paint color on a 335i for example. Simply not a possibility in the US today for any sum of money.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #62
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Quote:

I AM OBSESSED, OBSESSED WITH THIS INTERIOR!

it's my favorite BMW interior ever, next to coral/indianapolis
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #63
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
WTF blue interior! nice! or atleast very unique
Quote:
Here are the color combinations I am considering. I currently drive a silver/black combo, so those colors are out for me. Hard to decide here. I like White/Red, Silverstone/Grey, Graphite/Gray. What do you think?

go for graphite or something exclusive, I think sportier colors goes well with a performance car. I wouldnt go with everyday color for a pricey car.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #64
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love View Post
I AM OBSESSED, OBSESSED WITH THIS INTERIOR!

it's my favorite BMW interior ever, next to coral/indianapolis
Thank you! I'm quite fond of it as well.
      06-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #65
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Thank you! I'm quite fond of it as well.
I don't know man. X5love sounds pretty serious. I'd lock that car up solid if I were you!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #66
tdc
always notorious
Rep

Quote:
I don't know man. X5love sounds pretty serious. I'd lock that car up solid if I were you!

It's all good. He's all the way across the country.

Plus, this is the only car in the US with this configuration so it will be quite easy to find the culprit if someone ever does decide to make off with it.