BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #89
Weyne Masters
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 LIME ROCK VT2-625

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyne Masters View Post
Yes as soon as you have the official time press you have the recor 1/4 mile with non stock engine like a pro mod !
By the way what was your 1/8?
Will have all the papers tomorrow)

1/8: 6.87@109.86
6,87 congrats you beat me 6,91 and 108,5 trap speed
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #90
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Why do people care about 1/4 mile times with this car? 100% not designed or engineered to be a 1/4 mile racer, doesn't excel at it.

I just don't understand it. If drag racing is your thing, why don't you buy a car that's MUCH better at it from the start? For example, a 2015 mustang with simple bolt ons and tires can be a 10 second car. Super charge it and go slicks, and it's a high 9 second car. All for much less money.

To each their own, but It's just an exercise in futility.
      09-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #91
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenau View Post
Why do people care about 1/4 mile times with this car? 100% not designed or engineered to be a 1/4 mile racer, doesn't excel at it.

I just don't understand it. If drag racing is your thing, why don't you buy a car that's MUCH better at it from the start? For example, a 2015 mustang with simple bolt ons and tires can be a 10 second car. Super charge it and go slicks, and it's a high 9 second car. All for much less money.

ummmmmm----because it's fun to take a certain platform that you love to it's limit?

You get into a platform and you work that platform as hard as you can. People have done that for decades. Your brilliant observations of Ford Mustangs have not shed any new light on this topic.

I love my E90 M3 and I've pushed it to the limit in every way I can. After a lot of time, money, effort and learning, she's a fast car now. Do I need to hear from you that there are plenty of other better track cars right from the factory? Or that an S2000 can be made faster? Or do I need to hear that a Superlite could kick my ass right out of the box? NO THANKS!! I ALREADY KNOW!!! I like my car, and I don't have any desire to drive anything else.

His passion has fueled his desire to successfully push the limits of this platform to new heights----in hot weather, and probably not ideal track surface conditions. You didn't even give him a hint of props. You just came in here and pissed on his accomplishment.

What are you passionate about? I bet we could easily poke holes in your passion if we wanted.
Appreciate 1
DLSJ5500.50
      09-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #92
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
ummmmmm----because it's fun to take a certain platform that you love to it's limit?

You get into a platform and you work that platform as hard as you can. People have done that for decades. Your brilliant observations of Ford Mustangs have not shed any new light on this topic.

I love my E90 M3 and I've pushed it to the limit in every way I can. After a lot of time, money, effort and learning, she's a fast car now. Do I need to hear from you that there are plenty of other better track cars right from the factory? Or that an S2000 can be made faster? Or do I need to hear that a Superlite could kick my ass right out of the box? NO THANKS!! I ALREADY KNOW!!! I like my car, and I don't have any desire to drive anything else.

His passion has fueled his desire to successfully push the limits of this platform to new heights----in hot weather, and probably not ideal track surface conditions. You didn't even give him a hint of props. You just came in here and pissed on his accomplishment.

What are you passionate about? I bet we could easily poke holes in your passion if we wanted.
You missed the point. Right tool for the right job. It's a simple concept.

Why would you take a heavy factory car, with an IRS and an engine that produces minimal torque, and try to make a fast 1/4 mile racer out of it? The logic if flawed.

However, taking the same car, and pushing it to it's limits as a track car sounds perfectly reasonable, and expected.

Or this, a track car that you can still put a license plate on and drive it to work on monday and yet is still competitive? Isn't that taking the E9X M3 to its intended performance limit?

I don't find a 140 mph trap speed impressive unless it's a high 9 or low 10 second car.

If you wanna drag race these cars, and do something impressive, do a standing mile or half mile event and be competitive.

Sure why not take a 1.5L civic and dump a stupid amount of money in it just to run a semi fast 1/4 mile time. It's the same thing, literally.

You don't need to defend the OP, since It's not my intention to shit on his parade. I just don't understand why people drag race this platform. Shit the F80 is a much better candidate for that. Simply sharing my observation and opinion.

Drag Strip Results:
60-Ft: 1.914 seconds <------ why none of this is impressive to me.
330-Ft: 4.942 seconds
1/8-Mile: 7.274 @ 105.51 MPH
1000-Ft: 9.227 seconds:
1/4-Mile: 10.858 @ 140.11 MPH
1/2-Mile: 16.306 @ 166.68 MPH <---- This is pretty bad ass, imagine how much faster this would be if he could manage a 1.4.......

Last edited by Solo_M_Tech; 09-09-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #93
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Why would you take a heavy factory car, with an IRS and an engine that produces minimal torque, and try to make a fast 1/4 mile racer out of it? The logic if flawed.

However, taking the same car, and pushing it to it's limits as a track car sounds perfectly reasonable, and expected.

Or this, a track car that you can still put a license plate on and drive it to work on monday and yet is still competitive? Isn't that taking the E9X M3 to its intended performance limit?

I don't find a 140 mph trap speed impressive unless it's a high 9 or low 10 second car.

If you wanna drag race these cars, and do something impressive, do a standing mile or half mile event and be competitive.

Sure why not take a 1.5L civic and dump a stupid amount of money in it just to run a semi fast 1/4 mile time. It's the same thing, literally.
Why? Passion is why. You love a platform and you push it. It's that simple.

Last year at Global Time Attack's Super Lap Battle at Buttonwillow, I was chatting with some guys that had a Miata running in the Unlimited Class. This thing had a supercharger in it running 20psi----not a turbo.....a supercharger running 20psi. (My supercharger runs 6.5psi.) It had massive aero, huge tires (for a Miata). They were having all kinds of problems with it----overboost and pushing oil through the seals and who knows what else. With all their problems, they still ran a faster time than me in practice. But they could never get it back running properly when the times counted. I ask you-----is it worth pushing that Miata platform so hard? Maybe to you and me it isn't, but they were surely passionate about it.

All this to say, let's just give filinm3 a pat on the back and say congrats. He set a new bar for an E9x M3. And I suspect he's not done. Would it be worth it to you if he gets into the 9's?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #94
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
Quote:

Why? Passion is why. You love a platform and you push it. It's that simple.

Last year at Global Time Attack's Super Lap Battle at Buttonwillow, I was chatting with some guys that had a Miata running in the Unlimited Class. This thing had a supercharger in it running 20psi----not a turbo.....a supercharger running 20psi. (My supercharger runs 6.5psi.) It had massive aero, huge tires (for a Miata). They were having all kinds of problems with it----overboost and pushing oil through the seals and who knows what else. With all their problems, they still ran a faster time than me in practice. But they could never get it back running properly when the times counted. I ask you-----is it worth pushing that Miata platform so hard? Maybe to you and me it isn't, but they were surely passionate about it.

All this to say, let's just give filinm3 a pat on the back and say congrats. He set a new bar for an E9x M3. And I suspect he's not done. Would it be worth it to you if he gets into the 9's?
2 stage 300 shot with better tires would not only best that time, but destroy that trap speed.
      09-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #95
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

You don't need to defend the OP, since It's not my intention to shit on his parade. I just don't understand why people drag race this platform. Shit the F80 is a much better candidate for that. Simply sharing my observation and opinion.

Drag Strip Results:
1/2-Mile: 16.306 @ 166.68 MPH <---- This is pretty bad ass, imagine how much faster this would be if he could manage a 1.4.......
You missed the point that his car is not setup for it AT ALL except for the slicks.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #96
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón
Quote:

Drag Strip Results:
You missed the point that his car is not setup for it AT ALL except for the slicks.
This is all stupid. The purpose of drag racing isn't who has the fastest trap speed, it's who runs the lowest ET. sweet he ran 140 mph but a stock 5.0 on slicks would win that race.
      09-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #97
Weyne Masters
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 LIME ROCK VT2-625

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Beautiful perfect ??????????????????
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #98
filinm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ESS VT4-1000

Quote:
This is all stupid. The purpose of drag racing isn't who has the fastest trap speed, it's who runs the lowest ET. sweet he ran 140 mph but a stock 5.0 on slicks would win that race.
Just to clarify: my car is prepared for 1/2 and 1 mile runs.

The problem is that there is no competition events in Russia for both disciplines except for Unlim 500, which is held only once per year (standing 1/2 mile) and on shitty surface. We know that 1/2 time is in direct relationship with 1/4 time, therefore I am in closed circle...

The only possibility to check the car is to go to 1/4 Russian championship.

That's it. No other reasons to drag race this absolutely not prepared for 1/4 runs car. And I am doing my best to run as fast as possible
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2017, 05:20 PM   #99
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3
Quote:
Just to clarify: my car is prepared for 1/2 and 1 mile runs.

The problem is that there is no competition events in Russia for both disciplines except for Unlim 500, which is held only once per year (standing 1/2 mile) and on shitty surface. We know that 1/2 time is in direct relationship with 1/4 time, therefore I am in closed circle...

The only possibility to check the car is to go to 1/4 Russian championship.

That's it. No other reasons to drag race this absolutely not prepared for 1/4 runs car. And I am doing my best to run as fast as possible
I'm not saying you are not, nor am I discrediting your accomplishments. however I can tell you of 3 specific examples of people spending 10 grand on a supercharger system just to get smoked by a 30k dollar mustang with slicks.
that same race extended to 1 mile and the results are different.

I love the engine build and the technical aspects of your M, but I just don't understand drag racing it in general. it's a dick measuring contest. it's not about who's the better driver, it's about who has the fastest car and or deepest wallet.
      09-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #100
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
It feels good to know you have the world record even if the car wasn't made for the 1/4 mile.

Quote:
Wrong. It's about holding the world record especially when it's the wrong tool for the job. It makes the job more challenging and sweeter with victory.

Quote:
So which is it, you're impressed or not impressed by Sergei's low 10 second car? 10.41 is still low 10-seconds. Once Sergei gets home and posts today's time slip, that 10.41 will get even lower.

Quote:
So you're not impressed by his 0-200 MPH video in less than 19 seconds? That would be way over 200 MPH in the standing mile.

Quote:
2 stage 300 shot with better tires would not only best that time, but destroy that trap speed.
Adding NoS is not the same thing as what's going on here. Different category, different bragging rights.

Quote:
If you're the engine builder who gave Sergei the engine, then you want to see the trap speed. We don't care about ET. We want to see how the engine performs, and judging from the results it performs far better than any other built engine anybody else has done.

Quote:
I love the engine build and the technical aspects of your M, but I just don't understand drag racing it in general. it's a dick measuring contest. it's not about who's the better driver, it's about who has the fastest car and or deepest wallet.
OK, then let me explain it from an engine builder's point of view. It's really nice to know the same set of engine building guys hold virtually all, if not all, E9x performance records: 1/4, 1/2, 1-mile, 60-130, 100-150, etc. Taking down the 1/4 mile world record was just the last one out there to take down.
Appreciate 1
Patrón543.00
      09-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #101
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Well done Sergei, I can't wait to see the time slip with today's results.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #102
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs
Quote:
It feels good to know you have the world record even if the car wasn't made for the 1/4 mile.

Quote:
Wrong. It's about holding the world record especially when it's the wrong tool for the job. It makes the job more challenging and sweeter with victory.

Quote:
So which is it, you're impressed or not impressed by Sergei's low 10 second car? 10.41 is low 10-seconds. Once Sergei gets home, that 10.41 will get even lower.

Quote:
So you're not impressed by his 0-200 MPH video in less than 19 seconds? That would be way over 200 MPH in the standing mile.

Quote:
Adding NoS is not the same thing as what's going on here. Different category, different bragging rights.

Quote:
If you're the engine builder who gave Sergei the engine, then you want to see the trap speed. We don't care about ET. We want to see how the engine performs, and judging from the results it performs far better than any other built engine anybody else has done.

Quote:
OK, then let me explain it from an engine builder's point of view. It's really nice to know the same set of engine building guys hold virtually all, if not all, E9x performance records: 1/4, 1/2, 1-mile, 60-130, 100-150, etc. Taking down the 1/4 mile world record was just the last one out there to take down.
I don't care anymore.
      09-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #103
filinm3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
Well done Sergei, I can't wait to see the time slip with today's results.
Here we go

Look at the right side of the time slips

Both of the time slips contain different WRs for 1/4 and 1/8 trap speed and ET
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #104
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

it blows my mind that people are scoffing this... not only can this car do well in a straight line, but in the hands of a track driver, would put down some serious lap times- its still and m3!
Patrón543.00
1BADM370.50
      09-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #105
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Here we go

Look at the right side of the time slips

Both of the time slips contain different WRs for 1/4 and 1/8 trap speed and ET
What fuel were you running?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #106
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
it blows my mind that people are scoffing this... not only can this car do well in a straight line, but in the hands of a track driver, would put down some serious lap times- its still and m3!
The car in the left lane has basically the same mph as Sergei just a better 60ft time....shows what he could do with some improvement on the 60ft time
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #107
filinm3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
The car in the left lane has basically the same mph as Sergei just a better 60ft time....shows what he could do with some improvement on the 60ft time
The car in the left lane was 750whp Lambo Hurracan with supercharger kit... Couldn't even compare my starting capabilities to this car...

I feel that 10.25 could be down to 10.12-10.15 in colder times, with new set of Hoosiers and with the same start from idle and in mdm-mode.

To go under 10's, I should change something: better grip (better dragstrip), DSC off or even utilize LC, lighten the car.

I have the run with 1,687 60ft, but 10,61 ET, cause 60ft is not final deal with this car: everything is done at 1-2 and 2-3 gear shiftings... Hitting the redline is the main problem with such acceleration...

By the way, in that record run my 0-100 kmh were exactly 3.0s, which is simply inbelievable))))

As for the fuel, I was running 30L of RON 100 plus 1qt of Boostane bottle
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #108
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The car in the left lane was 750whp Lambo Hurracan with supercharger kit... Couldn't even compare my starting capabilities to this car...

I feel that 10.25 could be down to 10.12-10.15 in colder times, with new set of Hoosiers and with the same start from idle and in mdm-mode.

To go under 10's, I should change something: better grip (better dragstrip), DSC off or even utilize LC, lighten the car.

I have the run with 1,687 60ft, but 10,61 ET, cause 60ft is not final deal with this car: everything is done at 1-2 and 2-3 gear shiftings... Hitting the redline is the main problem with such acceleration...

By the way, in that record run my 0-100 kmh were exactly 3.0s, which is simply inbelievable))))

As for the fuel, I was running 30L of RON 100 plus 1qt of Boostane bottle
What is that meant to bring octane up to?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 02:36 AM   #109
filinm3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
What is that meant to bring octane up to?
From 100 to 105-106 (in Russian terminology), thus from 95 to 100-101 in US
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:23 AM   #110
filinm3
Private First Class
Rep

No Vbox files

Guys, sorry, but there would be no Vbox files available(((((((

Took SD-card out of Racelogic unit and found out that no files are recorded. The reason - in Racelogic menu there was no mark to write the results...

Feeling myself so stupid now... So fast acceleration was demonstrated: 0-100 kmh (3,0s), 100-200 kmh (4,7s) and 60-130 mph (5,27s) WR were inside
Appreciate 0