BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #23
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun was shining. It was 65-70 degrees. I pull into the gas station and it was pretty busy. There weren't any lines but it wasn't completely empty. I circle around to the back where it was less crowded and back up next to a pump. Put the car in neutral, pull the e-brake, and shut the car off. I open the door and step outside to be greeted by a cool morning breeze. It was refreshing. I close the door and make my way to the pump. It was fairly clean. The attendant must have dusted it off recently. I pull my credit card out of my wallet and insert it into the machine. The card slot offered a bit of resistance as I pull my card out and proceed to enter my pin using the heavily warn number pad. I push the gas door and, like always, it springs open revealing the gas cap. A quick twist and the cap comes off and I rest it on the gas door. After pressing the button for premium fuel, the machine lets out a gentle beep informing me that fueling may begin. Moments pass as I reflect on life and day dream about lunch when I was suddenly interrupted by the loud click of the fuel nozzle. It has done its job and now it's my turn. I return the pump and click on the cap and shut the fuel door. Circling back around my car, I climb back inside and start the engine. My fueling adventure was complete.
Appreciate 7
      12-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #24
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
It was a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun was shining. It was 65-70 degrees. I pull into the gas station and it was pretty busy. There weren't any lines but it wasn't completely empty. I circle around to the back where it was less crowded and back up next to a pump. Put the car in neutral, pull the e-brake, and shut the car off. I open the door and step outside to be greeted by a cool morning breeze. It was refreshing. I close the door and make my way to the pump. It was fairly clean. The attendant must have dusted it off recently. I pull my credit card out of my wallet and insert it into the machine. The card slot offered a bit of resistance as I pull my card out and proceed to enter my pin using the heavily warn number pad. I push the gas door and, like always, it springs open revealing the gas cap. A quick twist and the cap comes off and I rest it on the gas door. After pressing the button for premium fuel, the machine lets out a gentle beep informing me that fueling may begin. Moments pass as I reflect on life and day dream about lunch when I was suddenly interrupted by the loud click of the fuel nozzle. It has done its job and now it's my turn. I return the pump and click on the cap and shut the fuel door. Circling back around my car, I climb back inside and start the engine. My fueling adventure was complete.
Beautiful story telling
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #25
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
Well done lol
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #26
MattM3SVT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

A couple months ago I pulled into my local gas station. Was a pretty standard fill up, until a Bugatti Chiron pulled in. That was a quick reminder that in the Bay Area, my car is not special in any way.

Chatted with the owner a bit who was super nice and let me take some pictures
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #27
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
its bc m3 are so common place here in the bay area...also sedan makes it more incognito.
Very true. I don't mind it though. I don't need the extra attention.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #28
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
I enjoyed 93 octane ethanol free at my local gas station. Life was good. I was in control of my fueling universe.

Then one day it was gone.

Replaced by 89 octane ethanol free in a nod to the lawnmower crowd. Count your blessings people, life is fleeting.
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881102.50
      12-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #29
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Not all gas station stories, but I've had my fair share of gas station stories and noteworth experiences. It just makes the car ownership experience so much more fun.

In my E60 M5, I would have people follow me to the gas station or pull right up next to me telling me "SWEET CAR!" I once had this dude that was soooo excited to see my M5. He pulled up next to me and was yelling "DUDE! The M5 is my most favorite car ever!" I did a spinning tire pull and I could see him laughing out of excitement in my rear view mirror. That made me really happy because I just felt like I REALLY made that guy's day.

Another noteworthy story was when I pulled up to the gas station near my work. There was a young 19 or 20 something year old kid that had just purchased a brand new Dodge Dart. He was with another dart owner. I liked the color so I complimented him and then the three of us got into a conversation. He eventually started bragging and I was like, "Well, do you want to race?" This kid has a simple chip tune and a cold air and exhaust and says "I think my car could beat yours." I start laughing. HARD, lol. I say "Alright. Prove it. Let's go to Nimitz Highway and we'll have a rolling start." I open the hood of my car and he sees the V10 logo. The kid starts backing down. He has no idea what an M5 is. As I pull away I start doing a spinning tire pull. The look on his face as he's trying to figure out just what type of vehicle he just witnessed considering a few seconds ago he thought I had a regular grandpa 5-Series.

In my E90 M3, I've gotten quite a few gas station comments. A lot of people come up to me and compliment me, or give me dirty looks. My car garnishes a lot of attention. I had people in the canyons of Malibu take photos of my car. Come up to me while I was parked on the side of the road and tell me how cool they thought my car was. It really cheers me up because I love this car a lot, and if it cheers someone else up, that makes my day.

I remember in my Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 A LOT, and I mean A LOT of people would come right up to the car and felt the need to say something. People either loved the color or completely hated it. So much so I went an entire week hearing compliments every day about the car, usually in traffic. I'd hear things at the gas station like "That color looks like dog shit!" But ironically, most of the comments were positive and the good comments came from older or elderly people! I'd get a lot of old-timers saying things like "I really love that color." or "That's a gorgeous yellow!" That car made a lot of people happy.

Lastly. I remember pulling out of the gas station in my E90 M3 and a car with a bunch of kids pulled up next to me at the stop sign. They were all pointing and smiling with their faces glued to the window and their mom or whoever likely was waiting for them to see me take off. I launched the car and did a powerslide into the road and took off. The smiles and giggling I saw in the rear view mirror really made my day. I love the effect that cool cars have on people. It makes the ownership experience so much more enjoyable. I like to share what I have with others.
Appreciate 0