BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

07-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Coding Options for E93

Can anyone list out the available coding options for a 2013 E93 M3 for me please? Most of the options will be the same as E90/E92, but I know there are a few E93 specific options as well. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

The coding options specific to the convertible top are fairly limited.
You can change the speed limit for the convertible top operation.

Look into a SmartTop module - its typically one of the first things I do when I get a new convertible. https://www.motivemods.com/Mods4Cars...4c-stlfbw3.htm
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #3
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
I installed a smarttop in my dads E89 many years ago, and it was brilliant. Raise the roof from the key was so handy. Had a gap tech in my E85 for similar functionality.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the tips on the SmartTop module. I can already open and close my top from the key fob as that was successfully coded. I also have the mirrors folding up when I hold the lock button for an extra second upon locking. Trying to figure out the other available options.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Thanks for the tips on the SmartTop module. I can already open and close my top from the key fob as that was successfully coded. I also have the mirrors folding up when I hold the lock button for an extra second upon locking. Trying to figure out the other available options.
One of the nice features with the smarttop is that you don't have to hold the remote button the entire time the top is opening/closing. I have mine setup so a 3 second press starts the process, and I can walk away.. It also prevents turning on/off the ignition from interrupting the top moving process. Pretty cool.
Appreciate 2
bake601.50
      07-19-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Wow, that is pretty cool! Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
One of the nice features with the smarttop is that you don't have to hold the remote button the entire time the top is opening/closing. I have mine setup so a 3 second press starts the process, and I can walk away.. It also prevents turning on/off the ignition from interrupting the top moving process. Pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 03:24 AM   #7
2013BMW335is
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Question Key Fob Top Up & Down

I have a 2013 335is (E93) that I bought a couple months ago. I am looking to code it so I can use the key fob to open and close the convertible top as well as get complete access to the trunk via the key fob when the roof is down. I have read several posts but I am not sure exactly what service to use. I purchased a VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE OBD2. I realize that you also have to use an app such as BimmerCode on the OBD2 once you plug it in. Are there any OBD2 that have the things I need already programmed in? Or regardless what OBD2 I use I will have to get an app and pay a fee to access the coding I am looking for? Are there better coding apps than BIMMERCODE to do this? Does anyone already have an OBD2 that they will rent to me so I can accomplish all of this? New to this forum and this is my 1st BMW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

10-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #8
zcp312
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

I've used Okee at codemycar multiple times before for different cars, with a great experience every time. I actually just had my e90 coded yesterday. You can see all the code options available on their website codemycar.com, fairly reasonably priced and everything done remotely.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #9
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BMW335is View Post
I have a 2013 335is (E93) that I bought a couple months ago. I am looking to code it so I can use the key fob to open and close the convertible top as well as get complete access to the trunk via the key fob when the roof is down. I have read several posts but I am not sure exactly what service to use. I purchased a VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE OBD2. I realize that you also have to use an app such as BimmerCode on the OBD2 once you plug it in. Are there any OBD2 that have the things I need already programmed in? Or regardless what OBD2 I use I will have to get an app and pay a fee to access the coding I am looking for? Are there better coding apps than BIMMERCODE to do this? Does anyone already have an OBD2 that they will rent to me so I can accomplish all of this? New to this forum and this is my 1st BMW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you are even modestly interested in learning about your vehicle and in doing things yourself, think about downloading the suite of BMW factory software called BMW Standard Tools:

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

It's free, although you will need to purchase a K/DCAN cable, which is about $45 or so and a laptop running Windows either natively or in emulation.

Among other applications, BMW Standard Tools includes INPA which provides a deep and wide range of diagnostic routines, NCSExpert which allows you to code any option in any module and WinKFP, which permits module flashing i.e. upgrading the program code, as opposed to coding, which is simply changing preset options built into the program code. No packaged application like Bimmercode can provide the flexibility and power.

BST takes some effort to fully understand and competently employ but there are many, many threads describing how to use it on e90post. It's well worth the effort.

Last edited by dpaul; 11-29-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #10
RedCardinal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 e93

Quote:
While that's a super function, I can't see that being worth >$400 and as far as I can tell many of the rest of the functions are already possible in the E93. Sure, it could be nice to individually control windows by remote I guess but personally I can't recall ever needing to do that.

As far as coding, I coded my car to allow me to use the top while in motion, so I can put the top up or down while rolling at 5 mph, which I appreciate. I believe I did this with Carly and my phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:24 AM   #11
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCardinal View Post
Quote:
While that's a super function, I can't see that being worth >$400 and as far as I can tell many of the rest of the functions are already possible in the E93. Sure, it could be nice to individually control windows by remote I guess but personally I can't recall ever needing to do that.

As far as coding, I coded my car to allow me to use the top while in motion, so I can put the top up or down while rolling at 5 mph, which I appreciate. I believe I did this with Carly and my phone.
SmartTop allows your to open/close your top while going up to 35mph... although I would never recommend doing that, it's another nice feature.

I really want a SmartTop too, but $400 is indeed a chunky piece of change for this module.
Appreciate 0