BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
blackbeast535
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Custom Exhaust Review – Cat Delete– BENCHMADE PROPER - MD, DC, VA (Pics & Video)

If you are looking for a high quality exhaust/automotive fabrication shop this is the one! I looked around for a great shop to handle my ride with care and after weeks of I research I decided to go with Benchmade Proper. I spoke with Brian and he set me up with an appointment for a week later. Brian & Joe specialize in custom stainless exhaust systems, but since I already have the Dinan Rear Mufflers on my E90 I wanted a little more sound & power. I looked at more expensive Challenge & Fabspeed X-Pipes with the secondary cat delete but decided to just remove the secondary cats on the factory mid section.

If you are looking for a Midas/low budget muffler shop then this is not the one. Brian & Joe take their work seriously. They take their time to analyze the project and come up with the best solution for the cleanest results. Brian & Joe removed the factory mid section and removed the secondary cats and replaced them with 3.5’’ TIG welded stainless pipe. The total job took 3 ½ hours including modifying my Dinan mufflers for better alignment & fit. When they lowered my car & started it up I had a huge grin on my face. It’s amazing how such a small mod makes a huge difference in sound & power.

Sure the primary cat delete makes more power but the secondary is still restrictive. Once I drove the car I immediately noticed the car pulls harder, shits seem crisper (6 MT) and the damn thing just screams above 3K rpm’s. Still no drone with the Dinan rear section but the car is noticeably louder then before under acceleration.

Here are a few pics & video from the install. Do yourself a favor and check out Joe & Brian!

www.benchmadeproper.com

Attached Images

E90 M3 Jerez Black/Bamboo Beige 6MT - BMW CCA
Dinan Rear Exhaust, Secondary Cat Delete, Dinan High Flow Carbon Fiber Intake, IND Painted Reflectors, BMW Edition Grills

Last edited by blackbeast535; 02-03-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 S54. E90 S65 sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast535 View Post
If you are looking for a high quality exhaust/automotive fabrication shop this is the one! I looked around for a great shop to handle my ride with care and after weeks of I research I decided to go with Benchmade Proper. I spoke with Brian and he set me up with an appointment for a week later. Brian & Joe specialize in custom stainless exhaust systems, but since I already have the Dinan Rear Mufflers on my E90 I wanted a little more sound & power. I looked at more expensive Challenge & Fabspeed X-Pipes with the secondary cat delete but decided to just remove the secondary cats on the factory mid section.

If you are looking for a Midas/low budget muffler shop then this is not the one. Brian & Joe take their work seriously. They take their time to analyze the project and come up with the best solution for the cleanest results. Brian & Joe removed the factory mid section and removed the secondary cats and replaced them with 3.5’’ TIG welded stainless pipe. The total job took 3 ½ hours including modifying my Dinan mufflers for better alignment & fit. When they lowered my car & started it up I had a huge grin on my face. It’s amazing how such a small mod makes a huge difference in sound & power.

Sure the primary cat delete makes more power but the secondary is still restrictive. Once I drove the car I immediately noticed the car pulls harder, shits seem crisper (6 MT) and the damn thing just screams above 3K rpm’s. Still no drone with the Dinan rear section but the car is noticeably louder then before under acceleration.

Here are a few pics & video from the install. Do yourself a favor and check out Joe & Brian!

www.benchmadeproper.com

I like the new look and sounds great! I agree they do some of the best work. Joe and Brian will be installing my x-pipe next week.
      02-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Clean welds! Looks like they knew what they were doing. Sounds good too

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
blackbeast535
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozi View Post
Clean welds! Looks like they knew what they were doing. Sounds good too
These guys know their stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurite90M View Post
I like the new look and sounds great! I agree they do some of the best work. Joe and Brian will be installing my x-pipe next week.
Are you getting a Challenge installed? They said another M3 was coming in next week.

Dinan Rear Exhaust, Secondary Cat Delete, Dinan High Flow Carbon Fiber Intake, IND Painted Reflectors, BMW Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Are you getting a Challenge installed? They said another M3 was coming in next week.
That should be me.
      02-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
blackbeast535
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Take a video, I'm interested in hearing how it sounds with your Akra Slip On.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Take a video, I'm interested in hearing how it sounds with your Akra Slip On.
Sure thing.