BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3

Windshield Replacement In MD

Any recommendations?

I'm in Howard County. Unsure of my options other than the BMW dealer in Catonsville or possibly Safelite in Columbia.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #2
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Exclamation

Do Safelite. Glass is glass. I'm an Ins broker for NW and we use NW. The dealer will charge double just because of the BMW logo on the windshield. I've had several bmw windshields replaced and just let Safelite know you want OE, rain sensing, etc. and it's a lot cheaper. Most people always think they HAVE to go to the dealer because it's a lease, it's a BMW, I HAVE TO HAVE BMW GLASS... bullshit to all of that. BMW gets their windshields from 3 major manufacturers like all other vehicle which they do the same thing. Only difference is that you dont get special little logo of BMW on it. People just need to educate themselves and then will understand. I always thought like everyone else before I got in the business 20+ years ago. Also, Glass USA will hook you up as well. They can get OE at a fraction of the cost of a dealer will since dealerships rape everyone. Get educated.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Beast View Post
Do Safelite. Glass is glass. I'm an Ins broker for NW and we use NW. The dealer will charge double just because of the BMW logo on the windshield. I've had several bmw windshields replaced and just let Safelite know you want OE, rain sensing, etc. and it's a lot cheaper. Most people always think they HAVE to go to the dealer because it's a lease, it's a BMW, I HAVE TO HAVE BMW GLASS... bullshit to all of that. BMW gets their windshields from 3 major manufacturers like all other vehicle which they do the same thing. Only difference is that you dont get special little logo of BMW on it. People just need to educate themselves and then will understand. I always thought like everyone else before I got in the business 20+ years ago. Also, Glass USA will hook you up as well. They can get OE at a fraction of the cost of a dealer will since dealerships rape everyone. Get educated.
Thanks for the information!

I ended up going to Precision Auto Glass in Columbia. Decided against OEM windshield as it was twice as expensive. Unfortunately though, the rain sensing wipers don't work as well now
Appreciate 0