BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-11-2024, 04:27 PM   #1
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP

Start/Stop Button Intermittently Unreaponsive

Hi all, I have an E92 M3 and for the last few driving months, the Start/Stop button has been intermittently totally unresponsive.

Typically, if the car is turned off after running and I try to restart the car, absolutely nothing happens when I push the button. It will not go into ACC, On or Start.

It might be, that if I exit and lock the vehicle then retry it will work fine for a while.

The battery is a few months old and is always hooked to a tender when not used, even over night.

Thanks
      02-12-2024, 02:50 AM   #2
yardbro
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E39 528i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
Weird behavior for sure. The Start/Stop button connects directly to the CAS module via a little ribbon cable so it's essentially impossible to test its function with a wiring diagram (as far as I know).

I would start by giving it, that ribbon cable, and where it connects to the CAS a quick visual inspection before anything else. I suspect that if the button itself were to be faulty, the behavior would mimic something along the lines of what you are experiencing where you don't see any other symptoms besides when trying to start the car. If the CAS module is intermittently not responding to the start/stop button, well that's another story and hopefully you don't arrive at that.
Appreciate 0