BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Mporium BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #639
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
310
Rep
1,345
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Almost 4 seconds quicker than stock. Pretty good numbers.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #640
B.Hallowell
First Lieutenant
B.Hallowell's Avatar
27
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: 2002 E39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Doylestown PA

iTrader: (0)

I have to say I'm very very very impressed with what I've seen from ESS for the e46 and now the e9x. Everything they seem to touch so to speak turns to gold. Great numbers and great job guys! If we're seeing performance like this right now from the e9x aftermarket imagine in a few years! Keep up the great work ess!
__________________
2002 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #641
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
2530
Rep
11,364
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Good numbers for sure
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #642
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
108
Rep
2,693
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

i got 9 sec with a 210 pound passenger , and a trunk full of cabinet hardware weighing about 50lbs & full tank of gas ..
temps were 43 deg ....

This was messured with the BMW Performance steering wheel timer ...
this weekend i'll take a video of the run with just me in the car and a cleaned out trunk ....

6MT w/ 600hp Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #643
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
18
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
i got 9 sec with a 210 pound passenger , and a trunk full of cabinet hardware weighing about 50lbs & full tank of gas ..
temps were 43 deg ....

This was messured with the BMW Performance steering wheel timer ...
this weekend i'll take a video of the run with just me in the car and a cleaned out trunk ....

6MT w/ 600hp Kit
wow...that's amazing good good
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #644
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
18
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
Not sure as I have only run it with stock cats in place.
thank you Roman! I think I'll get this one
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #645
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
384
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
I often get asked by customers how many supercharger kits we have installed in E9X M3's. Currently we have 21 kits installed worldwide with another 4 scheduled to be finished this month.
Plus mine is 5, (HINT this month please Roman, get the kit to me asap!!!!)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #646
A-Man
Captain
A-Man's Avatar
South Africa
11
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewabf View Post
Plus mine is 5, (HINT this month please Roman, get the kit to me asap!!!!)
thats amazing man. You gota show those RGM guys how its done!

when you get your kit ofcourse. Which one you opting for. 575 or 600?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #647
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
384
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Man View Post
thats amazing man. You gota show those RGM guys how its done!

when you get your kit ofcourse. Which one you opting for. 575 or 600?
575 as I have DCT
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #648
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
J-9's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
882
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Best. Thread. Evah. Just read all 31 pages.

I know the system is still new out in the market, but has anyone had issues with regular maintenance? Rom3n, of course you've had the most miles put on, what have you had to do to keep the car in good shape?

If this were to be a daily driver, is BMW going to scoff at regular maintenance to the engine? I assume cleaning the fuel injectors is out. Long term-milage-wise, what is a customer getting themself into? Doesn't the Vortech need an oil swap after awhile?

Wow, quite a barrage there. Just trying to think ahead, because I'm pretty interested and I don't even have the car yet. So far, this looks to be a rock-solid tune.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #649
sales@ESSTuning
sales@ESSTuning's Avatar
355
Rep
3,149
Posts

Drives: ESS M3 / M4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-9 View Post
Best. Thread. Evah. Just read all 31 pages.

I know the system is still new out in the market, but has anyone had issues with regular maintenance? Rom3n, of course you've had the most miles put on, what have you had to do to keep the car in good shape?

If this were to be a daily driver, is BMW going to scoff at regular maintenance to the engine? I assume cleaning the fuel injectors is out. Long term-milage-wise, what is a customer getting themself into? Doesn't the Vortech need an oil swap after awhile?

Wow, quite a barrage there. Just trying to think ahead, because I'm pretty interested and I don't even have the car yet. So far, this looks to be a rock-solid tune.
My dealer has done all of my free maintenance. The only maintenance that is required for the kit is the oil in the Vortech blower needs to be changed every 7-8k miles. This service is very easy to perform and takes about 10-15 min.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #650
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
234
Rep
5,055
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

So the stock 6MT clutch is up to the task of handling a supercharger for the long term?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #651
duk
///M
United_States
138
Rep
3,160
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
So the stock 6MT clutch is up to the task of handling a supercharger for the long term?
I wouldnt think so for long term, 575/600hp is quite a lot over stock #s
__________________
2011.5 AW/FR E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #652
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
384
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
My dealer has done all of my free maintenance. The only maintenance that is required for the kit is the oil in the Vortech blower needs to be changed every 7-8k miles. This service is very easy to perform and takes about 10-15 min.
Hi Roman, surel;y the regular maintenance schedule on the car, should be stepped up a bit due to the additional HP and possible higher wear pattern on internals? Maybe reduce service intervals, oil changes etc?

PS you are rushing my kit over I hope?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #653
Green///Hell
Colonel
Green///Hell's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (5)

The clutch feel great but I'm sure I'll put a new one in just to clean up and weak link that I can easily access down the line.
Regular maintenance wise I just push the service intervals of my oil up some. Since I heavily track the car I always swapped in the 7k-10k range on my own outside of the factory 15k intervals and adding a quart of oil here and there.

So now that the car is SC, I might as well do oil changes with the oil changes on the Vortech. The Vortech oil is extremely simply to change. It has a dipstick where there BMW doesn't even have one lol
The drain is under the blower and has a valve so you drain it away from the car and than you just pour new oil in very simple swap.
As for everything else its as it comes up like normal
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #654
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
234
Rep
5,055
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

The Vortech has its own oil system? It used to be that you had to tap the oil pan and add a feed line to the blower from the engine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #655
Green///Hell
Colonel
Green///Hell's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (5)

Vortech V3 has its own self enclosed oil system so no need to drill into your S65B40 baby
I'll take pictures and I guess (why not? Might as well) a DIY for changing the oil on the V3 as its first change is at 2k and than every 7k after that
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #656
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
18
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
Vortech V3 has its own self enclosed oil system so no need to drill into your S65B40 baby
I'll take pictures and I guess (why not? Might as well) a DIY for changing the oil on the V3 as its first change is at 2k and than every 7k after that
oh I didn't know about that please post up some pictures if you could
thank you sir.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #657
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar
United_States
459
Rep
1,948
Posts

Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
oh I didn't know about that please post up some pictures if you could
thank you sir.
The Vortech V3 supercharger has a self-contained oiling system, so there is no need to run oil lines to-and-from the engine.

Centrifugal superchargers (with a self-contained oiling system) are very beneficial from an installation standpoint, and this design eliminates the risk of an engine oil leak.

Several years ago, Paxton actually invented the first "self-contained" supercharger with a planetary gear drive system that required no external oil lubrication.

Since then, other supercharger manufacturers have hopped on the bandwagon.

Vortech bought out Paxton a few years back, so it's not surprising to see this advanced technology migrate over to the Vortech product line.

Vortech engineers have now improved on the basic technology, by discarding the 'old school' planetary-drive transmission. Planetary gears actually limit your internal impeller speeds, so your boost and power potential are both capped at lower threshold.

When Paxton first released their early self-contained centrifugal superchargers, they had trouble dissipating internal heat. (because of the planetary-drive system) They would overheat at higher boost levels, and that ultimately limited their HP and TRQ at high rpms.

To cure this on the new generation self-contained oil reservoir superchargers, Vortech engineers stepped in and designed a helical cut gear-driven transmission, that effectively eliminated the heat buildup associated with a former planetary-drive system.

The gear-driven Vortech V3 supercharger can now deliver greater power potential for a small-frame supercharger, while also delivering exceptional reliability.

I have attached a few pics of the Vortech V3 centrifugal supercharger unit...




__________________
The best is yet to come...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #658
DevJ
Colonel
DevJ's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
2,728
Posts

Drives: Viper GTS/YMB M4
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I believe I was told the GS Bilder ran the entire race season on the stock clutch and abused the crap out of it. At the end of the season, it needed to be replaced. I also believe the GS car was around 700hp.

In the stroker+SC, we plan on running the stock clutch until it gives up. Then I'll replace it with either a carbon-carbon clutch, or another stock clutch. It will all depend on how the stock clutch holds up.
How much $$ is a stock clutch? Btw, how many miles are on your RD Stroker? Just wondering on how it's held up and curious about when the supercharger will be going on
__________________
'19 YMB M4
'17 Macan S
'15 Viper GTS FBO
RCF Gone | 981S Gone | E92 M3 Gone
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #659
sales@ESSTuning
sales@ESSTuning's Avatar
355
Rep
3,149
Posts

Drives: ESS M3 / M4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
The Vortech has its own oil system? It used to be that you had to tap the oil pan and add a feed line to the blower from the engine.
As others have explained our VT kits run the Vortech V3 blower. This blower is self lubricated. The self lubricated design allows the engine oil to not be effected by the operation of the blower; it simplifies installation and also keeps engine oil temps down. The oil in the blower needs to be changed every 7-8k miles. This process is very quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
How much $$ is a stock clutch? Btw, how many miles are on your RD Stroker? Just wondering on how it's held up and curious about when the supercharger will be going on
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343227
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #660
DevJ
Colonel
DevJ's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
2,728
Posts

Drives: Viper GTS/YMB M4
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

Thanks Roman, but I meant how many miles were going to be on his car when he put the supercharger on
__________________
'19 YMB M4
'17 Macan S
'15 Viper GTS FBO
RCF Gone | 981S Gone | E92 M3 Gone
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST